PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic question [second show seating]

Frozoned
10-30-2015, 08:49 AM
This has probably been asked before but.......On a night when there is a second Fantasmic show (10:45) is the seating still done via Fastpass and/or dining packages? And if so, and you don't have a reservation or fastpass, is it possible to get a seat standby?
Thanks!

oregontraveler
10-30-2015, 09:03 AM
yes, there will be FP's for the 2 shows. if they ever do a 3rd show, then its first come first served.

3Princesses1Prince
10-30-2015, 09:33 AM
There is standby too.

Frozoned
10-30-2015, 10:14 AM
Do they ever open up the reserved dining areas to stand-by?

3Princesses1Prince
10-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Do they ever open up the reserved dining areas to stand-by?

No. Standby is behind the FP guests.

Frozoned
11-03-2015, 06:43 PM
So if you want to get a fastpass for the second Fantasmic show, about what time would you go and get one?

tea4two
11-03-2015, 06:55 PM
That would depend on the crowd level and how fast FPs go for the first show. I would ask the CMs at the FP machines when they estimate you should return to get the second show. With a dining package, you can specify that you want the second show when you book your PS.

josephfive
11-04-2015, 06:16 AM
If you want a dining package, I would call soon because sometimes you don't have an option of where to eat or what time to attend. (Because reservations are already full) No they don't fill in the reserved areas with standby

danyoung
11-04-2015, 07:11 AM
And this is what kills me about this system. I you have a favorite place to watch the show, there's no way you can get a FP for it - you just have to accept whatever is coming out of the machine. Really really irritating!

candles71
11-04-2015, 07:45 AM
And this is what kills me about this system. I you have a favorite place to watch the show, there's no way you can get a FP for it - you just have to accept whatever is coming out of the machine. Really really irritating!
Yep. Totally agree.

3Princesses1Prince
11-04-2015, 10:05 AM

I actually lucked out and ended up behind the light tower last time. No one wanted to fill in the area right behind it so we did.

danyoung
11-04-2015, 10:43 AM
And you probably know that this is my FAVORITE area!!!

3Princesses1Prince
11-04-2015, 11:29 AM
And you probably know that this is my FAVORITE area!!!

Yes. Mine too

LacyBelle
11-06-2015, 01:59 PM
I actually lucked out and ended up behind the light tower last time. No one wanted to fill in the area right behind it so we did.

That's our preferred area, too.
We tried the Aladdin quick meal on our arrival day (since we knew FPs might be gone by the time we got there) and were issued blue passes. Turned out blue included the central light tower area. (Yay!)
The next day, we kept going back to the FP machines waiting for blue for the second show. It was a slow day and they never did get through yellow for that showing. The FP CMs suggested we just pull yellow and show up at the blue entrance (next to the churro cart in front of French Market). Worked like a charm. :)