PDA

View Full Version : Decorate cookies at Disneyland?

disneychelle
11-19-2003, 11:24 AM
What can anyone tell me about the holiday cookie decorating at the resort? For example what kind of cookie, shapes, how much and the locations. Thanks ya'll!;)

EandCDad
11-19-2003, 11:54 AM
We went there last week and the only place open we saw was at the Main Street Fire Station in Disneyland. In past years, it has also been near Goofy's Bounce House in ToonTown, but it was not set up there as of last Thursday (11/13). I think they also do some sorta decorating thing in New Orleans Square in DL, themed to the Haunted Mansion Holiday, but that was also not set up on Thursday.

The price is $4 and you get a cookie and 2 frostings and 2 toppings (if you have a group, you can all share as you don't need the entire amount for your cookie, my kids each got different frostings and toppings). My kids did a snowman cookie, I think they also had a tree and maybe one other.

EandCDad
11-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Crud, tried to edit and ended up reposting. The cookies are sugar type cookies. Plain white cookies.

lisap
11-19-2003, 12:07 PM
There was a gingerbread man too.

I have a very sad picture of a poor CM standing over a huge bin of sugar cookies that had fallen off her cart on Main Street on the way to the Firehouse. The hilarious thing was that this mom and her kid come walking up and ask if they can have the cookies that had fallen on the ground. The CM was a bit taken aback and said "umm, no don't eat food off the ground, please."

One more thing--the blue frosting is *deadly*. If you plan to take cute pics of your kids in front of the Christmas Tree afterwards, avoid the blue. The stuff is indelible and will leave an incredible stain on your skin.

Other than that, my kids look forward to the cookie decorating above everything else at DL at Christmas. :)

jackyb
11-19-2003, 12:16 PM
My son did the cookie decorating last year. There were 6 different sugar cookies to choose from. My son picked a mickey icon with a santa's hat. I can't remember all the different ones they had. I also agree with the blue color frosting. My son loved it and wants to do it again when we go next month! :)

Bill Catherall
11-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by lisap
There was a gingerbread man too. Made from gingerbread or is it just a "gingerbread man" shaped sugar cookie?

The Christmas season must include consuming high quantities of gingerbread or it just isn't right. :)

EandCDad
11-19-2003, 01:01 PM
I think it was a sugar cookie in the shape of a man, but I can't guarantee it, lisap was a little closer to the action, I just handed over the $8 and went to sit down.

We did have some gingerbread men with hot chocolate one night last week, and I pretty much max out on gingerbread after eating the head and torso, so if you wanna follow me around the next time we go, you are sure to get some free gingerbread.

lisap
11-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Bill--It was just a sugar cookie. However, the Candy Shoppe had *awesome* chocolate dipped gingerbread men in the specialty chocolate display case--I'm sure they are at the bakery as well. I'm with you on the gingerbread situation--tis the season for it. :D

Bill Catherall
11-19-2003, 03:00 PM
Okay. We'll probably do the cookie thing when we're there (even without the gingerbread) anyway.

Hmmm...chocolate dipped gingerbread? I'm trying to put the two together in my head and imagine how it would taste and it just isn't coming out as something that sounds desirable.

tod
11-19-2003, 03:07 PM
What happened -- did they run out of cashews? (Another tasty thing that has no business being dipped in chocolate.)

--T
:fez:

lisap
11-19-2003, 03:28 PM
:mad:

At least try the poor gingerbread man before you get all high and mighty on him--it's heavenly. You drink hot chocolate and eat gingerbread, right? This saves you a step. ;)

*actually, it's just his head covered in the chocolate. You could break off the head and send it to me if you must. I'll sacrifice and eat it for the good of the team.

disneychelle
11-19-2003, 04:11 PM
hey,hey ,hey what about the cookie info ya'll?!?!?!?! Oh and find a starbucks and try one of the gingerbread mochas for all you choclate&gingerbread mousekapeople yuuuuummmmmmm!!!!:)

EandCDad
11-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by disneychelle
hey,hey ,hey what about the cookie info ya'll?!?!?!?!

The previous posts include the price, location, type of cookies and shapes, what other information did you want? We were just there so if we can remember we'll try to help, but I think we covered everything you asked.

RStar
11-20-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by lisap
I have a very sad picture of a poor CM standing over a huge bin of sugar cookies that had fallen off her cart on Main Street on the way to the Firehouse.

And you took a picture? I better be on my toes around you, Lisa. Or you may take a picture of me in a comprimising situation!;)!

One day when my daughter was about 10, while we were watching the Lion King parade from the Main St. Train Station landing and leaning on the fence, she stuck her knew through the bars and got it stuck. We had to have her "Rescued" and while the nurse and security were greasing up her knee to get it out, I went down to the side walk below and took her picture! I'm such a geeky dad!

And Ed, I hate when I hit reply by mistake too!

lisap
11-20-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by RStar
And you took a picture? I better be on my toes around you, Lisa. Or you may take a picture of me in a comprimising situation!;)!

You? Never. ;)

Anyways--the cookie thing. I did see signs for "kookie" decorating in New Orleans Square related to HMH at Cafe Orleans, but have never actually seen people decorating anything there. Perhaps the hours are infrequent?

Fantasmic Fan
11-21-2003, 08:36 PM
The cookies are shortbread and not sugar cookies

Dexter
11-23-2003, 10:22 AM
I did the cookie decorating thing last night because I was curious.

Unbeknownst to me, the colors have flavors attached to them, if you don't know and aren't expecting it...

According the cast member that responded to the look of surprise on my face....

Red = Cherry
Green = Mint
White = Vanilla

They didn't tell me what blue was because we didn't have any of it, so I'm not sure what it is.

It's not a very strong flavoring, it's more like a hint of, but like I said, if you aren't expecting it, it can surprise you. (I was expecting a buttercream type frosting, not the flavored bettercream stuff there was ;) )

MrTomMorrow
11-23-2003, 03:36 PM
When did they increase the price? I think when it first started cookie decorating was only $3. Now it's $4?

mousey_girl
11-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Probably as soon as it began to catch on.

A word to the wise, if they do offer it in TT you may not want to attempt it. We did ours in TT a couple years ago. It was around 10-11 and no one else was around, including drink vendors. This was the year that my feet took a real beating and every step was painful. My husband had to go back to the SW mall area to find a bottle of water.

I don't remeber the icings being flavored, just that they stained everything they came into contact with. Also the icing didn't really set, so no real way to save the cookie for later or to take it home. I hope they have changed this over the years.