PDA

View Full Version : New Policy - Concierge Level

Malcon10t
10-26-2015, 10:33 AM
This was something new on my last trip, so I wanted to make sure people are aware. In the past, if you were staying Concierge, you could go in the lounge and pick up packs of 12 ounce bottles of water. I was frequently seeing people walking out with 2 8-packs of water. Due to the excess amount of plastic, they have put a new plan into place. You now receive a 32 ounce bottle of water per person in your room at check in. There is also water available in the lounge by cup. But no more loading up the back packs. I am sure you can load up camel baks by cup though.

josephfive
10-30-2015, 12:45 PM
I thought that people were getting excessive in the amount of water they were taking. Disney should make a cute reusable water bottle for it's concierge guests

Malcon10t
10-31-2015, 06:19 AM
I thought that people were getting excessive in the amount of water they were taking. Disney should make a cute reusable water bottle for it's concierge guestsIt probably has with 1 32-ounce bottle per person.

I do like that it is waiting in the room for you. We often arrive late at night, and have to ask to have water in the room. This makes it easier.

Foodie
10-31-2015, 11:10 AM
Do you know if this means Disneyland is limiting the amount of water bottles you bring into the park if you are bringing your own? I usually bring a ton of water during my trips, but we come in our van and I bring them back home to recycle, so they don't get tossed in their garbage cans...This will severely mess things up if I have to limit my water consumption in the park. I refuse to pay the prices they charge there for bottled water...

candles71
10-31-2015, 11:48 AM
I doubt it Foodie. They also recylce all of the plastic and aluminum.
Personally, I have started just carrying my refillable wide mouthed water bottle, so I can get ice and water. Fill out of the soda machines and it is filtered.

Drince88
11-01-2015, 06:02 AM
Personally, I have started just carrying my refillable wide mouthed water bottle, so I can get ice and water. Fill out of the soda machines and it is filtered.

That's a lot lighter option, too! We just asked for ice water and refilled our bottles.

bumblebeeonarose
11-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Do you know if this means Disneyland is limiting the amount of water bottles you bring into the park if you are bringing your own? I usually bring a ton of water during my trips, but we come in our van and I bring them back home to recycle, so they don't get tossed in their garbage cans...This will severely mess things up if I have to limit my water consumption in the park. I refuse to pay the prices they charge there for bottled water...

Probably not. This is likely in response to greedy guests taking too many bottles of water. I doubt it has anything to do with the amount of water guests bring into the parks.

olegc
11-02-2015, 10:22 AM
I doubt it Foodie. They also recylce all of the plastic and aluminum.

this is OT - but i was going to ask how you handle that on crowded days. there are only a few locations where you can walk up and fill your own water bottle with ice in the soda line. Pizza Port, Plaza Inn, Rancho del Zocalo I think are the only ones in Disneyland. I think Boardwalk Pizza is the only one in DCA. Am I forgetting something?

candles71
11-02-2015, 01:14 PM
this is OT - but i was going to ask how you handle that on crowded days. there are only a few locations where you can walk up and fill your own water bottle with ice in the soda line. Pizza Port, Plaza Inn, Rancho del Zocalo I think are the only ones in Disneyland. I think Boardwalk Pizza is the only one in DCA. Am I forgetting something?
I don't usually go when there is a line. Those are the ones I use. Rancho doesn't have water on the soda machine, there is a water station outside where they have the hot sauce, but I will buzz in for ice.
I will also get cups of ice water at different places to fill it as well. Award Weiners is super easy when there is no line as you are walking by. Flo's is really easy to get and they usually give the large cups of ice water.

Foodie
11-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Well, it's too bad that greedy guests have forced them to change how they distribute water. Sounds like it won't affect people taking their own into the park, which is great to hear! Thanks, everybody!

Lani
11-04-2015, 10:13 AM
I am all for bringing my own bottle to refill. My favorite are the collapsible Vapur bottles (http://www.rei.com/product/862507/vapur-element-water-bottle-24-fl-oz). They come with their own carabiner and collapse into a small folded thing you can tuck in your pocket or purse.

I've tried to wean myself off of plastic water bottles. It's insane that it costs more than gasoline (per ounce) just for water. For folks who are very sensitive to unfiltered water, you could even just bring your own Sawyer filter system... still uses a collapsible bottle (http://www.rei.com/product/890900/sawyer-mini-water-filter).

One option I use is to bring water enhancers with me (like Mio). Tastes great for me and I can even skip paying for overpriced soft drinks.

adriennek
11-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Add me to the bring my own bottle list. I use an insulated bottle - it's a Camelback but it has the twist lid not the straw lid. I refill it at walk up restaurants or I ask for a cup of ice water at walk-ups. There's a handle thing on the lid that I attach a carabiner on and I can clip it to my backpack or stick it inside.