PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Space Punch?

Veezer
11-18-2003, 04:30 PM
First of all, I have to say that I am 30 and have been going to Disneyland about once a year for as long as I can remember (well I think I missed a year or two because of college.) It was very easy to go to Disneyland in my earlier years since I lived about 45 miles south of Disneyland. Now that I live in Northern California, it is tough to go--but I somehow mange to make it still.

I have been reading posts here about all the closed rides, Disney and their economical situation, the condition of Tomorrowland, and so on. With that, I almost canceled my trip this year. But after thinking about all the wonderful memories with my relatives, friends, and girlfriends, I couldn’t skip this year’s trip. Just going to Disneyland makes me think about all those good times I had there and it also makes me forget about my problems for the entire time I am there (usually one or two days only.) I do hope that Disneyland will continue to grow and thrive for many years to come. I hope to one day take my children and share my happiness with them.

Now to my question which kind of ties into my life story. I remember a fruit punch drink my mother always use to buy for me because I thought it was the best tasting drink in the world next to Grape Soda. I remember it use to be served in Tomorrowland and in New Orleans Square. In Tomorrowland, it was called Space Punch and in New Orleans it was called Mardi Gras Punch…I think. Is this drink still served in Disneyland? If not, when did Disneyland stop serving this drink?

Corith
11-18-2003, 04:33 PM
It was Space Mist and had a very bubble gum taste to it. It, along with tuna sandwiches used to be available from the Lunching Platform which was under the Rocket jets/ PeopleMover tower. Today it is the abandoned home of a radio Disney location.

innerSpaceman
11-18-2003, 04:39 PM
Actually, Space Mist and Mardi Gras Punch were not the same, although closely related.

I still get a pavlovian salivation reaction when I so much as think of Space Mist.:crying:

iwannabeanimagineer
11-18-2003, 04:56 PM
Whither the Jungle Julep? Still available?

SteveK
11-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Corith
It was Space Mist and had a very bubble gum taste to it. It, along with tuna sandwiches used to be available from the Lunching Platform which was under the Rocket jets/ PeopleMover tower. Today it is the abandoned home of a radio Disney location.

I remember many times in tomorrowland having space mist and twinkies...those were the days (when tomorrowland had rides).

-Steve

innerSpaceman
11-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Hmmm, are you sure we're not the same Steve?

Twinkies and Space Mist was my favorite meal in the Park back when Tomorrowland had rides.

merlinjones
11-19-2003, 03:06 PM
Space Mist! Sort of a fizzy cherry/Hawaiian Punch taste. Out of this universe! Now that was Tomorrowland!

GoldenEars
11-19-2003, 10:05 PM
In regard to Space Mist...I totally remember that and have a lot of fond memories of the Lunching Pad. You see, my sister who has been with the Disney Company since 1981, started her career at the Lunching Pad. She worked as a hostess there for 2 years, before moving on to Walt Disney Travel (where she's been ever since as a manager).

But when she first started out at the Lunching Pad, that's when I started my *love* for Disneyland and my experience with the ever popular, Space Mist! I'd go visit her each time I was in the Park, and usually after seeing a stage show at the Space Stage (anyone remember seeing *Show Biz Is...* performed there?)

Anyway, I wish they turn that radio station back into something like the Lunching Pad again. And heck, while they're at it, they could bring back Space Mist too!:D

(sigh) There's nothing like the good 'ol days!

Patrick

Tref
11-20-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Space Mist! Sort of a fizzy cherry/Hawaiian Punch taste. Out of this universe! Now that was Tomorrowland!

I think Merlin may be on to something. Could the fall of Tomorrowland actually be traced back to the insane discontinuation of this so called magical pixie juice called, Space Mist?

I too miss that sugary punch. my friends. I know this might surprise some of you, but I have a tender place in my heart with Space Mist. More then maybe even I am willing to admit.

Oh Sweet Space Mist -- you played my taste buds like a well oiled marching band. And lest I never taste ye again, know that my word is true -- Space Mist was a delight for the senses. A sugar filled fiz cornucopia of tropical delight that sold for but a quarter of what thou passes off as frozen lemonade. How dare you insult my tongue! My tongue has never been so affronted! Unbraid me if you will, but not my mouth's most delicate tasting appendage! ...

... Now where was I? Oh yes, Space Mist ...

... Hmm, well, you know, on second thought, it wasn't all that good. I mean, SM was so sugary that after you finished it you were still pretty thirsty. Maybe even more so then before you drank Space Mist. So then you had to beg your parents to get you another Space Mist to quench an ever-growing thirst. But relief would never come and soon the high sugar content of SM would send you into spasms on the cold concrete.

Anyway, I say
Bring it back!

merlinjones
11-20-2003, 06:47 AM
tref: such cosmic poetry touches the soul of a thirsty space traveler!