PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror AP event shopping discount

adriennek
11-18-2003, 12:34 PM
According to the phone call I just received...

FYI- If you didn't get to the TOT AP event this morning, you can still go shopping with the AP discount tonight, throughout the park. There's no voucher required. The discount is 20% for Premium AP's and 10% for other APs.

The same will be true tomorrow.

Adrienne

DJ_MENTOS
11-18-2003, 12:48 PM
Isn't the AP event an all-day thing? Any news on what is shown at the event?

DopeyWife
11-18-2003, 02:33 PM
At the event, they give you a free button and Brother Bear trading cards. Then you can have your picture taken with a holiday Minnie with a holiday backdrop. There are also sketches of some scenes from Snow White and the Tower of Terror ride. Then, you can buy a special Holiday 2003 Mickey pin (limit 2 pins per AP). They have mini bags of popcorn and mini cups of hot tea and cider as refreshments. I think there is also an area for pin trading.

As for the shopping discount, I think they automatically give it to you at the stores when you show them your AP. The following stores are not honoring the discount:

Midway Games
Names Unraveled
Jewel of Orleans
Silhouette Artists
Portrait Artists
Parasol Cart
Heraldry Shop
Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d'Orleans)
Paradise Pier Face Painting
Airbrush Tattoos
Rubio Portrait Artists

olegc
11-18-2003, 03:23 PM
A confirmation to that description - the discount is automatically applied throughout the resort (except for the shops listed previously). Only WOD and Marceline's are honoring the 20% in Downtown Disney.

Also, the character must be changing at the Hollywood and Dine meet and greet (mine was Mickey in a santa hat and hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts..).

LIMANDL4EVA
11-18-2003, 04:30 PM
anyone have pictures of the event?

mkyears
11-18-2003, 05:51 PM
I didn't really see the point in this event besides the discount which I spent 100 dollars with. You walk in to see about 5 pics of snow white and a 30 sec clip of tower of terror. Then they try to get you to buy there merchandise oops I found the point yipee.
I do have to admit the discout was great and took care of my girlfriends christmas present but the event itself needed something more.

DopeyWife
11-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by mkyears
I didn't really see the point in this event besides the discount which I spent 100 dollars with. You walk in to see about 5 pics of snow white and a 30 sec clip of tower of terror. Then they try to get you to buy there merchandise oops I found the point yipee.
I do have to admit the discout was great and took care of my girlfriends christmas present but the event itself needed something more.

I agree.

eor1222
11-19-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by mkyears

I have to agree... my only motivation to go today was to get the discount (for my wife's Christmas present).

There was very little to really see--the video for Tower of Terror wasn't even for the DCA version, but old commercials from the one in Florida. Mickey was there for a nice photo op, but since they were doing this on a weekday, families who might want to take advantage of the picture with Mickey were mostly out of luck (unless their kids took the day off).

The Cast Members were friendly, and the cider and popcorn was nifty, but that's about it. Can't complain about the 20% discount on merchandise park-wide... except I wish this had been a week or two later, when all my paychecks would be coming in!

Sigh...