PDA

View Full Version : New Toy Story window on Main Street

cstephens
10-18-2015, 12:22 AM
Not sure when it opened, but we noticed today that another of the windows outside the Emporium is open, and it's themed to Toy Story. It's set in Andy's room with the various toys, and there are a lot of moving elements. It's now my favorite of the windows, with the Peter Pan window being my second favorite. I also noticed that two of the windows facing the entrance/exit gates were dark, so I guess those will feature other films as well? Love having moving windows on Main Street again. Anyone remember when they used to debut new windows for each new animated film? We always looked forward to seeing those.

AVP
10-19-2015, 07:52 AM
jPhOokuFr48

Gone2Disneyland
10-19-2015, 08:30 AM
I noticed a crowd around it about a week ago maybe, but it was when we were having those hot, sunny days that cast glare on the windows. So I didn't stop to watch the whole thing until yesterday. I haven't watched AVP's video above, but I was thinking when I watched it, if I were to share it, I'd only share half of the story. The second half has a reveal outta nowhere that surprised me that I really enjoyed and thought I'd rather have my AP friends see that moment in person. It's also now my favorite of the window displays as well, so far.

cstephens
10-19-2015, 10:32 AM
I remember when I was watching it, I was looking pretty carefully at Andy's arms. Either they made a mistake or Andy's left arm is double-jointed, because it bends in both directions.

danyoung
10-21-2015, 05:40 AM
Here's a video that shows a wider shot, and continues on with the "Andy" segment -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7S0jHlLrf4

cstephens
10-25-2015, 08:22 AM
I also noticed that two of the windows facing the entrance/exit gates were dark, so I guess those will feature other films as well?

We found out last night that one of the new windows will be for Lion King and the other will be for Frozen. The reasoning is that they wanted two windows for three different eras - Peter Pan and Cinderella for classic, Lion King and Toy Story for middle, and Princess & the Frog and Frozen for more recent time. Looking forward to the new windows when they open. I think at least one is supposed to open sometime in November.

cstephens
12-20-2015, 10:44 PM
The last window is open, and some of the information I had earlier is wrong, as it's not for The Lion King, but rather, Aladdin. It seems less involved than the other windows, as one scene is Aladdin in the Cave of Wonders looking at the lamp, and then the real scene is when Genie comes out of the lamp, with "A Friend Like Me" playing.

olegc
12-21-2015, 09:24 AM
The last window is open, and some of the information I had earlier is wrong, as it's not for The Lion King, but rather, Aladdin. It seems less involved than the other windows, as one scene is Aladdin in the Cave of Wonders looking at the lamp, and then the real scene is when Genie comes out of the lamp, with "A Friend Like Me" playing.

i saw the video - and there are a lot of small-scale animations and movement that are not similar to the larger pieces in the other windows. Like when the scene opens and the mouth of the cave is open - and you can see Jafar peeking in then hiding then peeking again before the cave opening closes. Subtle movement by Aladdin looking at the lamp in the foreground (scene 1) and then the cascading loops to have the genie appear was a neat idea to try and simulate the smoke as he comes out of the lamp. Very interesting but yes not as onbvious in movement as others. I thought the Frozen window had similar issues during the "snow" scene.