PDA

View Full Version : Rides to be added to FASTPASS

Pages : [1] 2

MotorBoat Cruiser
11-18-2003, 11:46 AM
I recall hearing some time ago that the Matterhorn and Peter Pan were going to be getting fastpass. Does anyone know if this is still in the works?

I think it would nice, especially on PP because the wait is almost always an hour. Having said that, I'm not sure how they would implement it, considering how the line is set up presently.

Andrew
11-18-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by MotorBoat Cruiser
I think it would nice, especially on PP because the wait is almost always an hour. Having said that, I'm not sure how they would implement it, considering how the line is set up presently.

Peter Pan is a good FASTPASS candidate. My first thought for a distribution area is the now-closed Villains Shop. You could enter through the main store entrance (below the beautiful airbrushed mural), pick up your FASTPASS, and exit out the side door (opposite the Castle Walkthrough exit).

The standby/FASTPASS return lines would have to come together outside the attraction proper. The existing chain queue area would work for the standby line. Entering through the exit barely works for Special Assistance Pass holders; it would never work for FASTPASS.

DopeyWife
11-18-2003, 02:23 PM
Did the Matterhorn ever have a Fastpass and then have it removed?

Freerider127
11-18-2003, 02:50 PM
No it never had fastpass. Im not sure where they would put the fastpass area.

Icy Bacon
11-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Matterhorn is a decent candidate, but I personally think it's nice to have at least one big thrill attraction where you DON'T have to have the standby line slowed to a crawl by fastpass.

As for Peter Pan... that's the kind of ride the system really should be on, although if they changed it to tandem loading it would work a lot better.

iwannabeanimagineer
11-18-2003, 03:28 PM
On Indiana Jones, isn't there some way to have the Fastpass system AND get to see all the cool queue-area Imagineering? The way we're rushed through the indoor portion of the queue area right now is a crying shame.

DisneyFan25863
11-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Matterhorn won't get fastpass without major tearing up of the surronding walkways (from what I have heard, there is no FP Network hookup until Toontown). A simple answer for this would be to make it an offline one. I dunno...

And Andrew, I agree with you about PP, but I doubt they would turn a shop (even a closed one) into a ride....:rolleyes:

Disneyfreak
11-18-2003, 04:37 PM
I am strongly against matterhorn bobsleds from getting a fastpass because of how the capacity is currently with the ride. If you install fastpass in matterhorn, it will cause the stand-by line to be 2 hours long!!!! I also am against splash mountain having fastpass, this is what is causing all the backup at splash and the reduced log capacity. If you put it in matterhorn it will be no different.

iwannabeanimagineer
11-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
Matterhorn won't get fastpass without major tearing up of the surronding walkways (from what I have heard, there is no FP Network hookup until Toontown).
Isn't there one at IASW? Couldn't they use the old motorboat lagoon for the cabling? They're not using it for anything else! ;)

DopeyWife
11-18-2003, 05:19 PM
I think they only have Fastpass at IASW during the holiday overlay.

MonorailMan
11-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by DopeyWife
I think they only have Fastpass at IASW during the holiday overlay.

Bingo.

Also, think of this: If there's a FP for Matterhorn, which side do you get? Is it random? Do you choose? Wouldn't that offset the time/people balence of FP?

It's a paradox. ;)
:D

Mickeyfan3
11-19-2003, 08:19 AM
1 - IASW has the FP year round. We were there in June, before school got out, and it was one of the rides you really needed it for. Went there again last week and of course it was there.

2 - Matterhorn doesn't really need a FP - that line moves fast enough. As for SM - that line has always been aweful. It needed it.

DopeyWife
11-19-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Mickeyfan3
1 - IASW has the FP year round. We were there in June, before school got out, and it was one of the rides you really needed it for. Went there again last week and of course it was there.

It wasn't there in August or any months after that until just recently when they put in the holiday stuff.

Darkbeer
11-19-2003, 12:49 PM
I can assure you, as a FastPass expert, the regular version of it's a small world at Disneyland does NOT offer FastPass, only the holiday version.

sediment
11-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by iwannabeanimagineer
On Indiana Jones, isn't there some way to have the Fastpass system AND get to see all the cool queue-area Imagineering? The way we're rushed through the indoor portion of the queue area right now is a crying shame.

Option one: you can walk at your own pace, and let the riders-only folks pass you by. Is there any law against that?

Option two: Get your Fastpass. Get in stand-by line. Walk through, immersing yourself in the attraction (especially the poles with all the chewing gum -- very attractive!). Watch the whole movie reel. Check out the artifacts. Pull on the rope that says "Don't pull."
Ride the ride. Then return with Fastpass at the appointed hour.

DisneyFan25863
11-19-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by sediment
Option two: Get your Fastpass. Get in stand-by line. Walk through, immersing yourself in the attraction (especially the poles with all the chewing gum -- very attractive!). Watch the whole movie reel. Check out the artifacts. Pull on the rope that says "Don't pull."
Ride the ride. Then return with Fastpass at the appointed hour.

The Standby Quene is now outside only. It converges with Fastpass Right before you enter.

And yes, Darkbeer is right in saying that IASW only has it for holiday :)

sediment
11-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Oh. I've never had a long wait for Indy, and I don't recall ever using Fastpass for it (though I'm not in charge of the Fastpass process for the group).
When it first opened, I waited about a year or so. (BEFORE deciding to get in line.)
The "15 minute wait" is more like "It takes 15 minutes to walk from here."

screamin4ever
11-19-2003, 05:56 PM
Peter Pan ClassPass? Why? So all FPs will be gone by noon because of the low capacity and then the standby (steerage) line will be three times longer? Way to make the people feel the magic!

rexfarms
11-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Watch the whole movie reel.
I've always wanted to do this, how long is it anyway? ;)

iwannabeanimagineer
11-20-2003, 08:55 AM
Pull on the rope that says "Don't pull."
Unfortunately, this and most of the rest of the calendar room is roped off. Guess I could jump the ropes and play around. Think they'd boot me?

Bill Catherall
11-20-2003, 10:34 AM
Unfortunately, this and most of the rest of the calendar room is roped off. Guess I could jump the ropes and play around. Think they'd boot me? I do it. I don't think they care.

rexfarms
11-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately, this and most of the rest of the calendar room is roped off. Guess I could jump the ropes and play around. Think they'd boot me?
I do it all the time, its not ropes like its roped off, its just queue lines. And even if they did say something to you, just say something like "I'm amazed at the level of detail that you guy's have at this attraction, you Indy CMs really get into the whole archeology thing too." type of thing. ;)

DrIndianaJones
11-20-2003, 06:43 PM
If I recall the film runs about 15-20minutes...then again, last time I saw it was about 5 years ago.:|

Morrigoon
11-20-2003, 09:03 PM
As long as you didn't get there from the exit queue, we really don't give a darn. Go pull the rope, nice to see someone using it :fez:

Of course, the queue could be completely different after the rehab, I look forward to seeing what they do.

MonorailMan
11-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by DrIndianaJones
If I recall the film runs about 15-20minutes...then again, last time I saw it was about 5 years ago.:|

IMHO, the film really explains the ride to guests, and get's them in the mood. I wish it would be shown to more people, and used as a better hold-up. lol :) :D