PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours - ride is still random?

sjhanksaz
10-15-2015, 08:38 AM
So on our last three trips to DL = 4 or more rides on start tours - seems like we get the same ride each time.

The forest with Chewbacca and then the world of Jar Jar where we go under water. I swear we seem to hit that version almost every time lately

Anyone else noticed something similar?

oregontraveler
10-15-2015, 09:05 AM
It's very random for me. I seem to get a new variable on each ride. But not very often at the end I battle the Death Star. Where they all clap asa you approach.

candles71
10-15-2015, 09:37 AM
It is still random. Some trips it seems like we get the same ride, other trips we get different ones.

stan4d_steph
10-15-2015, 10:04 AM
So on our last three trips to DL = 4 or more rides on start tours - seems like we get the same ride each time.

The forest with Chewbacca and then the world of Jar Jar where we go under water. I swear we seem to hit that version almost every time lately

Anyone else noticed something similar?That's what we got on October 4.

BlkPearlCptn
10-15-2015, 11:02 AM
Close to 50 trips and STILL have not gotten Tatooine....sigh But on a fun note, the Hoth pilot is a friend of ours so everytime we get him we all have to yell "Hi" to Rob.

ETA: The stormtroopers and Imperial officer that is in the silhouettes that walk by are friends from my garrison. Always excited to see them as well.

AnotherJenny
10-15-2015, 11:35 AM
I'm not putting this behind a spoiler because I feel like after four years the secrets are out.

I think it's random but the each vehicle probably doesn't get every scenario.

I haven't gotten Kashyyyk since before I let my AP lapse in 2013, but to be fair that's about a year that I didn't ride and then I've only been on it about ten times in the last year and a half. I've only ever gotten Kashyyyk when I've been sent to the right at the turnstile. And I haven't been sent to the right a whole bunch lately. The last time I rode it they weren't loading that area at all. It seems like I get Hoth a lot, but three of the last four times I've pod raced. For the second scenario it's been pretty random overall, but I haven't been to Naboo in awhile. I wonder if that scenario is also only on one side. I know that my sister had to ride something like seven or eight times before she got Darth Vader, whereas when I rode during previews I think I had home four out of six times.

candles71
10-15-2015, 12:34 PM
All of our April and my August days, we got Vader at the beginning. We went through a spell where we got Kashyyk and Naboo pretty regularly, but the transmission is always random for us. The one we have gotten the least is Courasant. I think we went to Courasant twice in August though.
Because we had such a run of Kashyyk and Naboo, it was slightly strange to Pod race and then hit Naboo after, in April.

JPPT1974
10-15-2015, 01:45 PM
But seems like it would be such a very fun ride to come!

candles71
10-15-2015, 02:30 PM
It is one of our favorites, we ride it multiple times a trip.

Dave1313
10-15-2015, 07:21 PM
I know this thread is in the DLR section, but I'm going to assume the ride works similarly on both coasts. I've probably done a few rapid sequences (maybe up to 3 times with FP combined with low standby wait times) in FL more-so than on my less frequent CA visits.

I've noted at least once or twice I got very similar sequences when riding in succession (though I will admit I did not check to see if I was in the same vehicle each time, so it's possible I was). I think on one pair of rides I had the same sequence except for one scene. The mathematical odds of that should be pretty slim, if it truly is random.

I started to wonder if the simulator maybe has different things it has to be able to do for different sequences. Sort of like wondering if there is a "mid-state" if you will between fully functional and down for maintenance. I'm wondering if certain motions/sequences become less than optimal (not unsafe, but less than the particular experience is supposed to deliver), if perhaps the ride can self diagnose and not pick scenes requiring those motions for the ride, thereby lowering the available combinations.

Whether the others are acting randomly or not, I can't wait to see what they have for the Episode 7 related scene! (I believe they have formally stated that each ride experience will get this new scene and then the others will continue to be random.)

MTFBWY! :)

Pammer
10-16-2015, 06:27 AM
I seem to get Hoth & Naboo more often than not!

emgm
10-16-2015, 01:16 PM
We were just there last weekend for ( days, ride several times and got every single planet and opening. The only part we never got was Princess Leia in the middle. We were in the left vehicles most of the time, once on the right.

danyoung
10-21-2015, 06:12 AM
I get the wookie planet almost every time!

sjhanksaz
10-21-2015, 09:23 AM
I get the wookie planet almost every time!

Me too

Just don't want to see Jar Jar motioning for us to follow him anymore

cstephens
10-21-2015, 10:34 AM
I'm still waiting to hear more reports of the easter eggs that are rumoured to exist. I have one friend who has seen one variation a couple of times, but that's it.

Engine74
10-24-2015, 12:35 PM
When I go to the left and especially the first ride vehicle I always seem to get the asteroid field Deathstar no matter what the rest of the ride is.

xezat
10-27-2015, 10:31 PM
Personally I've always liked the Vader intro and Death Star/asteroid finale, I always thought Vader's segments were much better done and more interactive. It's a lot more...in the moment? when a sith lord force grips your ship over mauling some stormtroopers and following the Falcon out.

Dave1313
10-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Personally I've always liked the Vader intro and Death Star/asteroid finale, I always thought Vader's segments were much better done and more interactive. It's a lot more...in the moment? when a sith lord force grips your ship over mauling some stormtroopers and following the Falcon out.

Full agreement on the Vader scene at the start being superior. Not that the other scene is bad, but Vader grabbing the ship is just incredible.

Engine74
11-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Both starts are great. If I keep getting one then it makes me want to see the other. I do like the Naboo ending the best. The "cheap" 3D of the tail breaking the front glass and sticking into the cabin is just too good to me.

Janis and Aaron
11-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Both starts are great. If I keep getting one then it makes me want to see the other. I do like the Naboo ending the best. The "cheap" 3D of the tail breaking the front glass and sticking into the cabin is just too good to me.

We especially love to get this ending when we're in a cabin full of summer crowds (1st time visitors). It never fails to get screams. :)

josephfive
11-02-2015, 06:47 AM

This is the version we got yesterday. I'm not sure what to call it. My kids call it the Yoda + underwater version. DD was our rebel spy :)