PDA

View Full Version : Annual passport benefits

tinkerbell24
10-08-2015, 11:56 AM
So I recently got the AP and was wondering if there are any other advantages than the ones the website shows?

potzbie
10-08-2015, 02:20 PM
The newsletter!

Also, the email blasts, but that probably isn't exclusively an AP benefit.

olegc
10-08-2015, 03:37 PM
newsletter has been hit and miss.

Also, there have been some announcements for special purchases or previews over the years. Sometimes a movie preview early AP entry or views. You see that either on the website, the Facebook site, or tweeted. It has been a grab bag of notifications over the last couple of years IMHO.

Also, when its time to renew they have been doing some quarterly passholder events though I don't know if these are continuing.

bumblebeeonarose
10-08-2015, 07:47 PM
We received some art cards in the mail a few times. The one had Elsa an a frozen picture on it.

tea4two
10-08-2015, 10:34 PM
This year and last, MHP has had an AP treat trail in the Opera House. Last year's treats were a Big Hero 6 cinch bag and a rice krispy treat. This year's treat is a 60th cinch bag and a rice krispy pop. These trails aren't heavily promoted so you have to ask about them.

tinkerbell24
10-09-2015, 10:38 AM
This year and last, MHP has had an AP treat trail in the Opera House. Last year's treats were a Big Hero 6 cinch bag and a rice krispy treat. This year's treat is a 60th cinch bag and a rice krispy pop. These trails aren't heavily promoted so you have to ask about them.

For this do you have to have bought the MHP tickets?

olegc
10-09-2015, 10:42 AM
For this do you have to have bought the MHP tickets?
Yes. They r handed out during party hours.

tinkerbell24
10-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Then I will have to wait until next year didn't get to buy the ticket for the date I wanted on time and they sold out.

cstephens
10-09-2015, 11:29 AM
Then I will have to wait until next year didn't get to buy the ticket for the date I wanted on time and they sold out.

As an annual passholder, you have the ability to purchase Mickey's Halloween Party tickets before they go on sale to the general public, so something to keep in mind when you're doing your party planning for next year.

Nightwing
10-09-2015, 08:11 PM
The bag and treat are great! Love the bag and the popcorn treat!!

NOTE: Only the blue AP bag and the popcorn treat was the two items given... No pins were involved.

Janis and Aaron
10-10-2015, 11:24 PM
Speaking of pins, there are some that are only available to AP holders. Anyone know about other merchandise that's for APs only?

Dave1313
10-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Speaking of pins, there are some that are only available to AP holders. Anyone know about other merchandise that's for APs only?

I can't speak to a specific example at Disneyland, but at WDW, some of the special events that they sell tee shirts for have AP variants. The ones I am thinking of are Star Wars Weekends, Epcot Food and Wine, and Epcot Flower and Garden (maybe - I don't have an example in my possession for that last one, but I think they offer one). Generally the shirts are either a slightly different design or maybe a color variant of the standard shirt design.

Maybe DL does a similar thing for events held there? (marathon events, other?)

candles71
10-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Um, at the parks I don't know, I do know that we got AP 60th logo shirts that came with the cinch sack, along with code for 25% off and free shipping.

lifeisgood
10-13-2015, 03:26 PM
If you are interested in any of the RunDisney races, there is an early registration for AP holders usually 2 weeks before the regular registration. There are a limited number of spots available during early registration.

The next race registration coming up will be for the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend (takes place Labor Day Weekend). Regular registration will be February 2nd, I believe, so AP Early Registration will be probably January 19th or 26th.