PDA

View Full Version : Grand Canyon / Primeval World

potzbie
09-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Speaking of closures of Disneyland Railroad . . .

Curious.

Q. Why is there no marking on any map (free paper foldout available at all entry gates) of the Grand Canyon Primeval World?

I have not seen a poster for it in the walk-in tunnel, either.
It seems to be soft-pedaled, as an attraction.
Why the lackluster support?

TTFN92
09-28-2015, 07:22 PM
I've never thought of it as an attraction. To me it's just part of the train ride.

smd4
09-29-2015, 05:49 AM
There used to be attraction posters for both attractions. There's only so much room to display attraction posters in the tunnels. GC had a pretty elaborate dedication when it opened.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d4/be/f1/d4bef1794bf49ae6ef62ab8233f26fbb.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/burningsettlerscabin/2009/10/DL_Posters_gcanyon1.jpg

Goodnplenty
09-30-2015, 06:33 AM
Lovely posters! Can you order these online or purchase them at DL?

wabby1
09-30-2015, 08:52 AM
I've always thought of the Grand Canyon/Primeval World as an attraction in and of itself. The narration, music, and especially the dramatic music with the entry of the dinosaurs....it's all very iconic.....and original....at least since 1958. My wife thinks it needs updating....but I say leave it alone. In fact, I miss the old Pirates of the Caribbean....If it's not broke, don't fix it.

bumblebeeonarose
09-30-2015, 11:06 AM
I've always thought of the Grand Canyon/Primeval World as an attraction in and of itself. The narration, music, and especially the dramatic music with the entry of the dinosaurs....it's all very iconic.....and original....at least since 1958. My wife thinks it needs updating....but I say leave it alone. In fact, I miss the old Pirates of the Caribbean....If it's not broke, don't fix it.

I miss the old Pirates too. I do like the mist screen you go through before entering the battle in the Harbor, but I don't care for the Captain Jack stuff that much. I also miss the men chasing the women, now they're "chasing" food, etc.