PDA

View Full Version : D. U. H. is still on the schedule!

Not Afraid
11-17-2003, 07:29 AM
Perusing the update today, I noticed that D.U.H. - Department of Untapped Hilarity is still on the schedule! Can it be true?

On Veterans day, a couple of us spend almost 3 hours in DCA.:eek: The primary reasons for this unprecedented event were Santa's Beach Blast and D.U.H. - Department of Untapped Hilarity. We saw the D.U.H. show twice - very-funny stuff!

I had thought that D.U.H. would go away once Aladdin was up and running again. If it is, in fact, true, get thee to DCA to see this funny show.

DJ_MENTOS
11-17-2003, 08:52 AM
Thats excellent news for DCA. They need more little quality entertainment offerings like DUH.

DUH probably had lots of rave reviews during its stay, and hopefully Disney realized this and has decided to keep them.

Paradise Pier needs some small entertainment offerings as well. Hopefully they will get some.

DJ_MENTOS
05-10-2004, 03:54 PM
DUH is still here. If you have been to the show lately, you will notice that they have invested money into the show. There are new cast members rotating with the older ones. They have cool IKEA looking furniture, and an announcement before and after the show.

What is everyone's thoughts on the show?

Alex S.
05-10-2004, 04:47 PM
I see the potential of it (improv always has potential), but the one show I saw was thoroughly not funny and seemed overly rehearsed (and one of the games they did was easy to cheat; not saying they did, but they could have if they wanted).

I'm willing to see it again to find out if it was just the show, the cast, the games.

Ghoulish Delight
05-10-2004, 05:47 PM
I saw a few times late last year. I'm a HUGE fan of improv comedy, and they did a great job, had us in stitches.

We saw them again a few weeks ago. Not nearly as good. I didn't particularly like one of the cast members, plus, they don't rotate their games enough. Of the 3 or 4 games we saw, only one was NOT a game they had done every other show we had seen. So with that much repetition, it was getting pretty stale. There are scores of improv games they could be doing (and I know for a fact that some of the members know other games as they've been members of an improv troup we used to frequent). I don't know why they insist on doing the same basic set of games every time.

NirvanaMan
05-10-2004, 07:36 PM
I only saw it once...a number of months ago. I thought it was great. I keep meaning to see it again.7

DisneyDaniel
05-11-2004, 01:39 AM
I'm very pleased that the improvisational comedy team of D.U.H. (Department of Untapped Hilarity) has finally received a stage and the attention they deserve. The used to only perform on the pavement across from Soarin' Over California with people standing around to watch. Now, they have a stage and plenty of seating in the Hollywood Backlot Stage. Go see their show! Like any comedy team, each of the performers give their own twist to gibberish and improv--some are more funny than others, but I have yet to not laugh and enjoy each performance.