PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday 2015 [Spoilers]

cstephens
09-20-2015, 01:02 AM
Had a chance to go on Haunted Mansion Holiday tonight. Love the couple of new things we saw. And I found the monkey bride!

In the hallway where Zero roams around among the portraits, I heard him bark a few times. I don't remember hearing him bark in previous years.

When you see Zero in the mirror near his bowl of bones [Awwww, who remembers the "bowl of bones" they had at French Market one year? So good. But my favorite themed food was the chicken six feet under. Yum. Sorry, I digress.], there's a new flower arrangement.

For the singing flowers by the coffin and with the deadly wreath, we remember them just being like venus flytraps in previous years. We don't remember them being poinsettias. Is that new, or are we just mis-remembering?

The deadly wreath has eyes that blink and menace you! That was cool. A friend said he saw that while in previous years, both of the wreath's arms were holding onto chandeliers, this time, one arm was kind of swiping at you. I didn't notice that because I was looking at its eyes so I'll have to check out its arms next time.

The gingerbread house on the dining table was cool, though I'll admit not as cool as the last few years, which I have loved. I liked the gingerbread men on the table as well. I couldn't quite tell what they were doing, but a friend said he thinks they're construction workers, like they're the ones who made the house of cards gingerbread house. There's a giant black spider on the table. I didn't spot the normal hidden Mickey in the plates, and I didn't get a chance to see if the three ghosts are in the ballroom.

I love where they put the monkey bride this year! She's on the right hand side, just past where Oogie with the hand cymbals is, and she's up higher, in a birdcage. I didn't see Sally's box, but I was concentrating more on looking for the monkey bride.

The hatbox ghost is indeed still in residence, but they gave him a few festive touches, like holly berries around his hat and a couple of stockings near him.

I think that's everything new that I noticed.

olegc
09-20-2015, 10:44 AM
here are some comments on your spoiler comments, in spoiler :-D

1. I have heard Zero bark in the past.

I've never seen him in the mirror. hmmm - learn something new every day.

Always been poinsettias.

The blinking eyes seem new to me (maybe they did come in last year). moving chandeliers has been there.

THe men are indeed construction workers "building" the house of cards with the help of spiders. The ghosts are there (at least the ballroom dancers from what I have seen).

I'll have to check out the monkey bride location. thanks....

I thought that HBG has two santa hats near him, not stockings... The picture from the blog (and others online) seems to indicate this.

cstephens
09-20-2015, 09:52 PM
I thought that HBG has two santa hats near him, not stockings... The picture from the blog (and others online) seems to indicate this.

Hmmm, they could be Santa hats. I thought they were more colorful than that, but then, I only got a quick glance at the whole thing.

tea4two
09-20-2015, 10:06 PM
This thread has me even more excited to see this year's HMH. The ride was down when we walked by on Saturday night.

cstephens
09-21-2015, 02:57 AM
This thread has me even more excited to see this year's HMH. The ride was down when we walked by on Saturday night.

Yeah, they were down around 10pm Saturday night when we tried to go on it - don't know how long it had been down at that point. It came back up around 11:30pm, so that's when we went to ride it.

stan4d_steph
09-21-2015, 09:15 AM
I would like to buy some construction worker gingerbread men cookies with their little safety vests and hard hats. Why isn't that a thing?

olegc
09-21-2015, 09:26 AM
I would like to buy some construction worker gingerbread men cookies with their little safety vests and hard hats. Why isn't that a thing?

that would be neat. I think one or two years they offered zombie gingerbread men when they first appeared but I have not seen them the last couple of years. A nice edible facsimile would be great.

cstephens
10-18-2015, 12:24 AM
Got a chance to ride today and I found Sally's box. Well, I found one of the boxes that has the same pattern as Sally's dress. I think there were two last year. This one was odd-shaped and was on the right side, near where Oogie Boogie with the cymbals is.

tea4two
10-18-2015, 04:03 PM
I'll be looking for that on our next ride. Found the big snake under the coffin, not on the far right like last year.

cstephens
10-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Found the second box with Sally's dress pattern, on the left side, before the piano player.

josephfive
11-02-2015, 06:54 AM
Even with the spoilers and riding twice I didn't see Sally's box or the monkey bride :( It's ok, still love it and we notice little changes every year. The wreath wasn't as menacing as in years past. And I thought it was stockings near HBG too.

tea4two
11-02-2015, 04:24 PM
The stockings have little hidden mickeys on them!

cstephens
11-03-2015, 10:53 AM
One of the boxes with the design the same as Sally's dress is just behind and to the right of Oogie with the cymbal. It's longer, odd-shaped box. Can't remember exactly enough where the other box is (other than it's on the left) to give a good description.

sjhanksaz
11-09-2015, 03:05 PM
I'll be looking for these on our next trip

amazedncal
01-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Still haven't found the monkey bride. Is she there this year?

cstephens
01-04-2016, 09:18 AM
Still haven't found the monkey bride. Is she there this year?

Yes, as I mentioned above:

She's on the right hand side, just past where Oogie with the hand cymbals is, and she's up higher, in a birdcage.

tea4two
01-04-2016, 06:55 PM
If you miss the Monkey Bride as you are going by her, you have one more chance just as you leave the attic. Just as you see the Hatbox Ghost, turn quickly and look behind you to see the Monkey Bride. You have to be on the right side of your vehicle for this.

amazedncal
01-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Thank you cstephens and tea4two. I did a quick scroll through and didn't think to click on the spoilers :(
Hopefully I'll get one last chance and this time know to look UP :)