PDA

View Full Version : I have never seen Bambi at DL

Pages : [1] 2

sleepyjeff
11-15-2003, 11:08 PM
Has anyone ever seen Bambi at Disneyland? I have seen Brer Fox, Simba, and even the three little pigs. But I have never seen any characters from Bambi.

Other characters I would like to see, but never have. Lady, Tramp, Willey the Giant, Katrina VanTassel, Bernard and Bionca.

MrTomMorrow
11-15-2003, 11:14 PM
I imagine it would be quite difficult to create a "walk-around" costume for Bambi. The spindly legs and the fact that he is a quadruped seem to be a deterrent.

sleepyjeff
11-15-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by MrTomMorrow
I imagine it would be quite difficult to create a "walk-around" costume for Bambi. The spindly legs and the fact that he is a quadruped seem to be a deterrent.

Yeah, I suppose you are right. It was ok for Brer Fox because he walked on two legs in the Song of the South. Maybe they could feature Bambi in a Parade like they did for Simba.

Hyperboy
11-16-2003, 12:56 AM
If they had a Bambi it would be so adorable if they had a hunter wandering around asking children where their mommy is.... :~D

cstephens
11-16-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff
But I have never seen any characters from Bambi.

Thumper has made an appearance in the past at PCH's Easter brunch.

merlinjones
11-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Thumper and Flower were once regularly appearing costumes at the park (easier to duplicate in costume than Bambi himself).

When Disneyland used to celebrate Easter with a big Easter Parade on Main Street, Thumper and Flower were always stars.

LIMANDL4EVA
11-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Babmi would make a good walk around animatronic character like lucky.

Ace
11-16-2003, 10:27 AM
Have you looked at Rancho Del Zocalo? I hear they've been changing their menu to add seasonal items now.

sleepyjeff
11-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Ace
Have you looked at Rancho Del Zocalo? I hear they've been changing their menu to add seasonal items now.

This post leaves a bad taste in my mouth;)

DrIndianaJones
11-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Ace
Mexican style venison? Sounds good.:D

I remeber seeing Thumper and Flower years and years ago. LIMANDL4EVA is right a Lucky-type deal would be cool, but the controls need to be shrunk down before it would work. After all Lucky had to lug around a big cart in order for it to work.

Not Afraid
11-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Ace

Ahhh, the Disney character meals - I've had my share.

I've eaten: Bambi; Thumper, Roger and the White Rabbit; Sebastian; Clarabell; The Three Little Pigs; Donald, Daily, Huey, Dewy and Louie; Tick Tock or Ali Ben Gator; Flounder; Bruce; Pumba; Crush and Squirt; Mr. Toad and the Ostrich from Fantasia.

Yummy!:~D

zapppop
11-16-2003, 10:00 PM
I went to Avalon Cove and they wheeled her away into the kitchen.
Half an hour later, my fish sticks arrived.

Draw your own conclusions :|

sleepyjeff
11-16-2003, 10:01 PM
CLARABELL! , I have never seen clarabell in the park either. :)

Not Afraid
11-16-2003, 10:02 PM

She's in the Parade. I danced with her.....before I ate her.:~D

zapppop
11-16-2003, 10:02 PM

I saw her at WhiteWater Snacks Friday night.
She came w/ a side order of fries.

:~D

cemeinke
11-16-2003, 10:03 PM
BURP!

:eek:

Nfatuated
11-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Some how I doubt there is a great out cry of fans who wish to see Bambi. Do not count on a parade featuring Bambi anytime soon.

MrTomMorrow
11-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Clarabelle is most definitely in the park. It is true... she performs in the Parade of the Stars. "She" was my partner when I participated in the parade. I say "she" because my friend, who was in the parade with me, is pretty knowledgeable about costumed characters and declared that considering how tall Clarabelle is, the character must be played by a man.

sleepyjeff
11-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Nfatuated
Some how I doubt there is a great out cry of fans who wish to see Bambi. Do not count on a parade featuring Bambi anytime soon.

But how else do you explain the banning of toy guns being sold at Disneyland;)

sleepyjeff
11-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by MrTomMorrow
Clarabelle is most definitely in the park. It is true... she performs in the Parade of the Stars. "She" was my partner when I participated in the parade. I say "she" because my friend, who was in the parade with me, is pretty knowledgeable about costumed characters and declared that considering how tall Clarabelle is, the character must be played by a man.

Ok, I guess I have seen Clarabel....just didn't leave an impression I guess:D

merlinjones
11-16-2003, 10:31 PM
I love seeing Clarabelle! I wish they had Horace as well.

MrTomMorrow
11-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Horace Horsecollar is cool! Does he even get any mention in ToonTown? I know Clarabelle has the frozen yogurt stand...

Demigod121
11-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Ahhh, the Disney character meals - I've had my share.

I've eaten: Bambi; Thumper, Roger and the White Rabbit; Sebastian; Clarabell; The Three Little Pigs; Donald, Daily, Huey, Dewy and Louie; Tick Tock or Ali Ben Gator; Flounder; Bruce; Pumba; Crush and Squirt; Mr. Toad and the Ostrich from Fantasia.

Yummy!:~D

You haven't had the Country Bear Jamboree? It's delish!

Also, I've had Rocky, the Flying Squirrel, but didn't like him much.

-Demigod
(PS - Who is DAILY??!! :~D )

Demigod121
11-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Has anyone ever seen Bambi at Disneyland?

That's because the last time Not Afraid and I were there, WE ATE HIM.

-Demigod
(Yum!)

sleepyjeff
11-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Demigod121
That's because the last time Not Afraid and I were there, WE ATE HIM.

-Demigod
(Yum!)

Yes, but what did you do with Katrina VanTassel?;)