PDA

View Full Version : 2015-16 Holiday Season at the Disneyland Resort Details Released

stan4d_steph
09-14-2015, 11:10 AM
http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/161908-2/NavidadParade2-AVP.jpg
The Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/09/holidays-at-the-disneyland-resort-shows-and-attractions-join-paint-the-night-parade-disneyland-forever-fireworks-and-more/) posted details for this year's holiday season at the Disneyland Resort. The dates for special holiday season events are November 13 - January 6. Of special note is the absence of the "Believe... in Holiday Magic" fireworks at Disneyland. It's good to see that the Viva Navidad celebration will return at DCA. Olaf's ice rink will also return in Downtown Disney. A full list follows:

At Disneyland:

A Christmas Fantasy Parade - replacing Soundsational until January
Paint the Night - nightly
Disneyland Forever fireworks - nightly
Jingle Cruise
"it's a small world" holiday
Haunted Mansion holiday
Santa Claus in Critter Country

At Disney California Adventure:

World of Color - Celebrate
World of Color - Winter Dreams
Disney ¡Viva Navidad!
Holiday decor in Cars Land, "a bug’s land" and Buena Vista Street
Buena Vista Street Community Choir
Olaf's Snow Fest

olegc
09-14-2015, 12:18 PM
i read both the Disneyland News press release and the parks blog release- and I did not see where it said Christmas Fantasy would be presented twice per day. IS that really going to happen? With fall coming the sun goes down sooner and parks close earlier - so I would expect one Christmas Fantasy and one Paint the Night.

stan4d_steph
09-14-2015, 12:36 PM
i read both the Disneyland News press release and the parks blog release- and I did not see where it said Christmas Fantasy would be presented twice per day.Sorry, my mistake.

TTFN92
09-14-2015, 09:25 PM
Where in Critter Country will Santa be? Have they released info on the Candlelight Processional?

tea4two
09-14-2015, 10:27 PM
Dates for Candlelight are 12/5 and 12/6. Other details will be released closer to those dates.

tinkerbell24
09-15-2015, 05:33 AM
does anyone happened to know if the A Christmas Fantasy Parade will be the same as previous years or will Disneyland create a new one for the 60th anniversary?

olegc
09-15-2015, 06:00 AM
No announcements have been made but I would suspect that it's the same. No budget to do new and I think they would have hinted with "new surprises".

tinkerbell24
09-15-2015, 06:23 AM
no budget but yet they had budget for the 60th anniversary?

olegc
09-15-2015, 06:35 AM
Well budget to run it but not for new stuff for Christmas Fantasy

cstephens
09-15-2015, 06:59 AM
no budget but yet they had budget for the 60th anniversary?

Different budget.

Plus, I would expect that when they do a new Christmas parade, it'll be on an off-year. No need bringing all the toys out at once.

Tinker44
09-15-2015, 09:30 AM
I totally understand the reasoning for maintaining "Disneyland Forever" as the fireworks show during HolidayTime... but the idea of not seeing "Believe in Holiday Magic" makes me somehow grateful that we aren't returning to Disneyland this Christmas. That is hands-down my very very favourite, with the 50th "Remember Dreams Come True" as a close second. It's interesting that the Castle-Lighting ceremony also doesn't appear on the list of offerings. :( I watched my families videos of both these shows just the other day when I needed a pick-me-up.

Well here's hoping that everything is back to "tradition" for HolidayTime 2016 (y'know, on the off-chance we get to go back!)

Jolie
09-15-2015, 10:33 AM
It's interesting that the Castle-Lighting ceremony also doesn't appear on the list of offerings. :(

That's because they aren't doing the winter castle this year, the 60th decorations are staying through the holidays. No icicles, no Christmas lights, no snow. :( This is per the Parks Blog announced yesterday 9/14, confirmed in the comments section. Also confirmed in the comments is that Santa will appear in Critter Country where Pooh and Friends normally have their meet & greets.

Tinker44
09-15-2015, 11:06 AM
That's because they aren't doing the winter castle this year, the 60th decorations are staying through the holidays. No icicles, no Christmas lights, no snow. :( This is per the Parks Blog announced yesterday 9/14, confirmed in the comments section. Also confirmed in the comments is that Santa will appear in Critter Country where Pooh and Friends normally have their meet & greets.

Well that's even more disheartening (for me personally). I guess they need to max out that bedazzled castle rooftop, and swagged out turrets and not cover it in snow.

I'm wondering if Scrooge McDuck has been hanging out at TDA. There is a distinctive "Bah Humbug" vibe I'm sensing. :(

3Princesses1Prince
09-15-2015, 11:12 AM
No snow on castle or no snow after fireworks, or both? I see no reason they can't still blow snow after the fireworks.

dlfansx4
09-15-2015, 11:18 AM
No snow on castle or no snow after fireworks, or both? I see no reason they can't still blow snow after the fireworks.

The response on the blog seemed to indicate that the castle would not be decorated at all (other than the 60th decorations) and the only snow will be during the Frozen segment of the Disneyland Forever fireworks.

I'm so sad to hear that. As we won't be renewing our passes next year, this is our last holiday in the park and it sounds like there won't be much to it. I'm really going to miss "White Christmas" and snow on Main Street after the fireworks :( No JJJ and no garland across Main Street either because the floats from PTN are too tall.

bumblebeeonarose
09-15-2015, 11:22 AM
Also confirmed in the comments is that Santa will appear in Critter Country where Pooh and Friends normally have their meet & greets.

Poor kids. That means no Christmas Tigger and Pooh.

BlkPearlCptn
09-15-2015, 12:08 PM
I'm torn on the lack of Christmas decorations this year. While I'll be glad to see the 60th decorations, fireworks, and PTN (was supposed to be there on the actual 60th, but couldn't make it. Thank you $2500 Jeep repair).....so decided to go at Christmas instead. But I'm sorry that I won't be seeing the garlands on Main Street, the holiday fireworks and the Castle done up in her winter finery. So many mixed emotions over this.

Jolie
09-15-2015, 12:41 PM

Whoops, I was talking about the castle decorations. There will be snow during the Frozen section of the
Fireworks show but, I don't think they will be playing White Christmas this year.

Jodi
09-17-2015, 11:20 AM
I had heard that the Christmas fireworks weren't happening, but the idea of the castle and Main Street not being decorated is too much! I want to cry! :(

Malcon10t
09-17-2015, 11:28 AM
I had heard that the Christmas fireworks weren't happening, but the idea of the castle and Main Street not being decorated is too much! I want to cry! :(When this occurred back in 2005, while garland wasn't up across the street, there were plenty of other decorations up on Main St. I can understand the castle simply because of how long it took to get the castle done to begin with.

olegc
09-17-2015, 11:33 AM
i saw a conversation on twitter between one of the Disney parks blog contributors and a local theme park writer who asked about the garland across mainstreet. From the comment it seemed that the garland is not going to be put up either.

I can imagine you will probably see the wreaths on main st lamps with the diamond 60th D in the middle, or something of that sort. Garland across the buildings (like we have orange bunting for halloween) but the remainder stays. I bet they move tigger and pooh to another location.

I think its so odd to me that Santa would be put in a section SO far away from the rest of the park. Is small world plaza too open? too close to the majority of crowds? It was my thought he could go there - but I guess not.

lange52
09-19-2015, 04:40 PM
Does anyone know when The Haunted Mansion will go down to remove the Nightmare Before Christmas Overlay? We are visiting January 8-10, 2016 and are really there for the 60th celebration so I know Christmas will be down by the time we get there but I understand in the past they take down The Haunted Mansion first and then Small World.

olegc
09-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Does anyone know when The Haunted Mansion will go down to remove the Nightmare Before Christmas Overlay? We are visiting January 8-10, 2016 and are really there for the 60th celebration so I know Christmas will be down by the time we get there but I understand in the past they take down The Haunted Mansion first and then Small World.

in years past the last day of HMH was the last day of Holidays at Disneyland - which this year is Jan 6th. Small World Holiday usually stays up an extra 2 weeks until HM is back in play. I don't know if anything has been announced on the official schedule but that's the typical timing.