PDA

View Full Version : DLR ticket prices going up on January 5th, 2004

Darkbeer
11-14-2003, 09:31 PM
If you go to the ticket section of the Disneyland.com site, you will see the 2004 deals...

The current 3 day ParkHopper will go up from $119/$95 (ages 3-9) to $129/$99, a price increase of $10/$4.

But if you buy the 2004 ticket online, you will get $5 off each ticket (but will have to pay a shipping and handling charge).

But they will offer the 5 days for the price of 3 ParkHoppers again, this time called ParkHopper Bonus tickets, since they will come with a free $10 ESPN Zone card. The price increase happens to be $10/$4, going from $119/$95 to $129/$99.

A new 6 days for the price of 4 ticket will be available in 2004, this is also a "Bonus" ticket, with the ESPN Zone card, cost is $159/$129.

Interesting to note that one ticket has a price decrease! The current two day ParkHopper ticket available at the front gate is going from $99/$79 to $98/$78, a price drop of $1.

The 2004 AAA Passport Plus tickets now no longer offers the enhanced FastPass option, but does come with a couple of front of the line passes for DCA shows, and a coupon book, at the same price as the 5 day for $3 on the web, $129/$99. This does make the Passport Plus a better deal, but closer now to the websites Park Hopper Bonus tickets.

So what will happen to the one day ticket, we won't know until January 5th (unless Disney decides to raise prices earlier), but more than likely, unless they decide to keep the price at the same level, it shouldn't go up more than $1 or $2.

HBTiggerFan
11-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Any guesses to what the AP prices will jump to? :(

BJW
11-15-2003, 01:07 AM
<<So what will happen to the one day ticket, we won't know until January 5th (unless Disney decides to raise prices earlier), but more than likely, unless they decide to keep the price at the same level, it shouldn't go up more than $1 or $2.>>

Are you kidding? With all the attraction downtimes and refurbs falling at the same time as other major attractions they should lower the ticket price. Maybe from $47 to $37, now that would be a better deal. Maybe that explains partly why the two day parkhopper is dropping in price. Maybe its a gentle way to gradually lower prices.

Brian Noble
11-15-2003, 04:30 AM
According to a AAA Travel Agent I spoke with on the phone, the AAA version of the Parkhopper Bonus tickets will also include free parking on the days the hopper is good, presumably in Mickey and Friends. So, if parking matters to you, the AAA tickets are an even better deal.

Be warned that my local AAA office has not yet gotten in the AAA Disneyland brochure, so I haven't seen the parking offer in writing yet.

Leap for Joy
12-17-2003, 09:23 AM
If they decide to change the AP prices, will they announce it in advance?

DH and I are debating a trip this weekend, and if we go we will buy APs. Knowing that the prices would be increasing would give us another reason to go now rather than waiting.

Will they just say "surprise, here are the new AP prices" on the same day they become effective?

sediment
12-18-2003, 09:28 AM
I think AP prices will increase. They're nowhere near the other parks' "equivalent visit" number. For example, One-year, Four-park, unlimited visits at WDW = $299 for a Florida resident.

tod
12-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by sediment
I think AP prices will increase.

You really wanna go out on a limb like that?

;)

--T

sediment
12-18-2003, 10:22 AM
Alright then, by how much?
I'm thinking $100 for the premium, but make the SoCal's more attractive, say $5-$10. That way, AP holders can still come to the parks when it's not so busy, and stay away from (or pay more for) busier out-of-town days. 7/4, Easter, two weeks of winter holiday, MLK, Presidents', Saturdays in the summer, ...

AVP
12-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Here are the new AAA ticket plans, courtesy of a helpful AAA agent:

2 day adult Flex Passport $98.00
2 day child Flex Passport $78.00

5 day adult Flex Passport $129.00
5 day child Flex Passport $99.00

The new prices are effective on December 24th and all AAA Flex Passport tickets include free parking

AVP

sediment
12-18-2003, 03:58 PM
AVP, do you know how long these passports are good for? Don't they have some expiration date relative to the first visit?