PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget your tortilla!

Pages : [1] 2

Omar
11-14-2003, 09:14 PM
When your birthday comes around make sure to go to the tortilla factory in DCA and pick up you free 12 pack of tortilla's. If they are making corn tortilla's, in my opinion don't go, just pass by.

What you have to do is when you enter the park go to get a birthday sticker or pin! When you do make sure you stop by the factory for a quick snack for you and you party.

It is located by the Pacific Wharf right across the way form the Bakery. Also close to "A Bugs Land". By the way check out the tough to be a bug show, and sit well back in you seat.

Just don't forget to get your free tortilla's!

Omar

Omar
11-15-2003, 04:49 PM
I want to know what you all think about the free tortillas.

Ace
11-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Omar
I want to know what you all think about the free tortillas.

they are quite possibly the only reason to go to DCA

Omar
11-15-2003, 05:36 PM
The tortilla factory is a good place to watch machines go round and round. Plus the free tortilla!

Hope to hear from more people!

Omar

MrTomMorrow
11-15-2003, 10:24 PM
I wish they would give more tortillas... Last time I went the machine was still churning out tortilla after tortilla, and there weren't that many visitors, yet they still would give me only one.

Omar
11-16-2003, 06:13 AM
See the thing is they are only contracted to give one. If they give more than one the employees will be let go. If the employees get let go, no more free tortillas. :(

Omar

p.s. member if its you birthday and you get hungry check out the tortilla factory for lunch.

DisneyFan25863
11-16-2003, 08:42 AM
Gotta be a little scarcastic here...

"From the creative forces of Disney and Mission Foods: Mission Tortilla Factory, a new attraction for all ages. Experensice first hand all the glamor, work, and determination put into making tortillas, all in one amazing Theme Park Experensice. Don't miss out on the free, 5 cent tortilla at the End*. Only at Disney's California Adventure!

*One per person, except if birthday sticker is displayed. Vaild on normal operation hours (Sat-Sun, 12-3) only."

Sorry, but I don't really see the excitement in this "attraction"

junglejoy
11-16-2003, 11:27 AM
On a cold day, like last Saturday, the tour gets you out of the wind and rain for a few minutes, and that hot tortilla is delicious! That's the attraction of that "attraction." To me anyway. ;)

Omar
11-16-2003, 12:05 PM
That is true. But last sunday was it raining? Because I was there and I never felt any rain.

Whatever

Omar

MouseWife
11-16-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Ace
they are quite possibly the only reason to go to DCA

Too funny.

Thanks, Omar for the tip! I think we are going on hubby's birthday and he loves them darn tortillas!! All they need is a little station with some butter and/or guacamole and they are set.

Umm. Hey, do they make up fresh tortilla chips anywhere close? With all of those tortillas.

Hey, maybe I should suggest that.

Darn it. Always thinking of Mexican food. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should just go and make some.......

junglejoy
11-16-2003, 05:36 PM
I was there yesterday - as in Saturday, November 15. It was raining. The tortilla was delish. And the Aladdin show was fantastic. We hadn't seen it yet so were glad our visit coincided with the opening day after a two week break. :)

NirvanaMan
11-16-2003, 06:52 PM
Go to Costco. You can get 500 for like $3.

sleepyjeff
11-16-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by NirvanaMan
Go to Costco. You can get 500 for like $3.

And I do beleive Costco doesn't count all their free samples as an attraction either;)

Cadaverous Pallor
11-16-2003, 07:18 PM
I really like the corn ones there. Corn tortillas are best fresh, and taste nothing like those rubber things you buy at stores.

Whenever we're in the neighborhood, we stop by for our free tortilla. They're tasty. You can't really fight that. Free equals good....but free does not equal attraction. However, it does "attract" us, so technically....:rolleyes:

Omar
11-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Your welcome for the tips! Plus it's my brothers birthday on Tuesday and we are going to "The Mouses House" on his birthday! :)

I really like the corn ones there.

How could you? Those ones are like burnt chips or something. They taste nasty. But thats only my opinion.

Plus the tortillas at costco aren't fresh. The ones at DLR are made fresh with their own machine! So their extra good!

Omar

disneyscott
11-17-2003, 01:01 PM
As I'm the king of cheap and often use the tortillas as a meal here is how to make it better

1. get butter from the soup bowl place
2. ask for salsa at the taco restrant accross the way
3. bring slice cheese in your pocket. When its timew time to eat the cheese is hot and tasty.heheheheeh (last one a joke)

use the corn ones to entertain the kids (makes great frisbees)

genenpet
11-17-2003, 01:43 PM
good ideas. but the key is to bring your own deep fryer...

Lani
11-17-2003, 01:56 PM
I thought the free birthday tortillas were only for children. Maybe I was wrong!

Either way, it's no use for me; I can't eat tortillas.

Ghoulish Delight
11-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by disneyscott
As I'm the king of cheap and often use the tortillas as a meal here is how to make it better

1. get butter from the soup bowl place
2. ask for salsa at the taco restrant accross the way
3. bring slice cheese in your pocket. When its timew time to eat the cheese is hot and tasty.heheheheeh (last one a joke)

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=18434&highlight=agrifuture

cstephens
11-17-2003, 02:09 PM
I don't generally like corn tortillas, but the fresh ones from the Mission exhibit are really good.

DopeyWife
11-17-2003, 02:27 PM
I've never seen them give out the corn tortillas. Every time I've gone, it's always been the flour ones.

KarenW2
11-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Hi Lani,
Yes, they do still give away a pack of 12 tortillas at the "factory" on your birthday, for adults, as well as kids. You need to be wearing a birthday button or sticker and ask the CM who hands out the free tortillas specifically for them tho. I picked up mine the day we did MouseAdventure, since I was celebrating my birthday in the park that day.

But not just a free dozen tortillas, you also get a free Mission cookbook, from the folks who do the food "talk" (they can't give the food out, so they just talk to people!). The one I got this year was the same as the one I got last year, but I thought it was a nice thing to get for free. It gave me ideas of what I could make with my free tortillas! :D

Omar
11-18-2003, 12:10 PM

I totally agree I my self don't like the corn tortillas my self and I wont get them free even if thats all there is.

Either way, it's no use for me; I can't eat tortillas.

May I ask why not?

And Karenw2 thanks for the cookbook idea. I'm going to pick one up today!

cstephens
11-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by KarenW2
Hi Lani,
Yes, they do still give away a pack of 12 tortillas at the "factory" on your birthday, for adults, as well as kids. You need to be wearing a birthday button or sticker and ask the CM who hands out the free tortillas specifically for them tho. I picked up mine the day we did MouseAdventure, since I was celebrating my birthday in the park that day.

But not just a free dozen tortillas, you also get a free Mission cookbook, from the folks who do the food "talk" (they can't give the food out, so they just talk to people!). The one I got this year was the same as the one I got last year, but I thought it was a nice thing to get for free. It gave me ideas of what I could make with my free tortillas! :D

I don't think the cookbook is a birthday only thing. I know I've gotten one recently, and it wasn't my birthday.

Cadaverous Pallor
11-18-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by KarenW2
But not just a free dozen tortillas, you also get a free Mission cookbook, from the folks who do the food "talk" (they can't give the food out, so they just talk to people!). Are we talking about an actual full-size book? I've seen the brochures with recipes in them that you get every day, like cstephens said.