PDA

View Full Version : Can't get a So Cal passport

Kimi_Coconuts
11-14-2003, 11:35 AM
anymore since I live in No CA, I'm so bummed, now my family has a big decision to make. We were going to buy a so cal pass for everyone now, we are talking $60 more a person = $300. Don't know if we want to do that. Just a whine.

SzczerbiakManiac
11-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Actually, I think you can. I'm not the expert on this, but I seem to recall reading here that you can do it regardless of ZIP Code. You might want to do a search to see what it turns up or just wait for replies.

Darkbeer
11-14-2003, 01:41 PM
While it doesn't hurt to ask, my last information is that they are enforcing the zip code requirement.

But if you plan to buy the AP's prior to January 31st, you could save $100 by picking up 5 2-liter bottles of Coke or Diet Coke (Specially marked bottles).

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21916&highlight=CocaCola

SzczerbiakManiac
11-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Assuming the residency "requirement" is being enforced, is it like the So Cal Specials they run in the off-season where one So Cal resident can buy up to 6 tickets?

Wkr3kt
11-14-2003, 02:34 PM
I was at the resort last week and my husband and I were able to get the So Cal AP. We are from Northern California and showed our current ID and had no problem. I don't know if it was just the lady we had at the ticket window or that they aren't enforcing the So Cal residency. Good luck!

Nancy
11-14-2003, 04:40 PM
I too am from No Calif and we just came home from Disneyland today. We bought So. Cal Annual Pass with no problem. I didn't show any I.D. at all. I don't think they actually care where you live as long as the money keeps flowing in.:)

Darkbeer
11-14-2003, 07:12 PM
Sounds like Disney has changed policy again, but that is normal, the DLR motto is "everything is subject to change":fez:

Brian Noble
11-15-2003, 04:37 AM
When I last called the DLR ticket line, the CM there told me that I could buy SoCal APs at the ticket booths, but he would not let me buy one in advance from here in the hinterlands of Michigan. (Well, technically as I type I'm in San Jose, but, well, you get the idea.)

Who knows? By Februrary, when I go, the policy may be changed yet again.

Does anyone else wonder if the SoCal's reappearance on the main booth ticket menu is related to the loosening of on-site purchases?

EandCDad
11-15-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Brian Noble
Does anyone else wonder if the SoCal's reappearance on the main booth ticket menu is related to the loosening of on-site purchases?

The policy has been pretty loose for several years. Then a few months ago, there was some anecdotal evidenced that you had to prove you lived in So Cal to buy the pass. That either did not last long or has not been enforced by most of the ticket sellers, in either case, it seems unrelated to the signage.

Kimi_Coconuts
11-15-2003, 08:39 AM
My husband called the DLR to order the tickets and they told him that unless they were delivered to a So CA zip code he couldn't buy them and ship them to his address.

Hmmmmm, made me wonder if I couldn't just go there and buy them in person at the ticket window.

I think we should chance it and try to buy them down there in person and if we can't get them then be ready to buy the Deluxe.

Darkbeer
11-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Don't forget about the Coca-Cola offer if you buy the Deluxe's....

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21916&highlight=cocacola

DrIndianaJones
11-16-2003, 09:47 PM
I can get the SoCal pass, and look where I live.

<-------

mad4mky
11-17-2003, 07:35 AM
The CM at the booth told me...We don't care where you live...if you want a So Cal Pass...we'll sell you one. (We live near San Francisco)

We got the Deluxe anyways...oh...for me a PAP.

But, they will sell it to you at the booth...

Brian Noble
11-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Dr.IJ: did you get one on-site, or by phone/mail? When?

Details, man! We want details! ;)

DrIndianaJones
11-17-2003, 04:22 PM
"Dr.IJ" I could get used to that.:)
I got it live and in-person, I was told that if I wanted to renew I could do it via mail. This would have been May 2002 (18 months ago), but my some non-SoCal family members just got theirs without any problems.

NirvanaMan
11-17-2003, 06:38 PM
My friend from NY bought one a couple weeks ago, and they did give us a bit of a hard time, I had to show a mortgage or utility statement that I lived in the area, then they gave it to her. But of course, the idiot put it in my name...which caused probs late on...and almost got me to rip the head off the arrogant CM at guest relations...but it all got worked out before I had to bust a cap.

Kimi_Coconuts
11-18-2003, 07:56 AM
See it sounds like they are strapping down on this by Nirvanaman's post.

I guess I'll wait and see and hope for a nice castmember, or one that will not enforce the new rule.

HBTiggerFan
11-18-2003, 09:28 AM
NM, I can't believe they gave you that much hassle getting the SoCal Pass :( :|

Kimi_Coconuts, I suggest asking if you can get the SoCal pass and have a back-up plan in case they say no. You could even say "this is the most economical way for our family to visit the parks, we are aware of the blockout dates and do not plan on visiting during them" if someone does tell you no. You may get a CM who will sell them to you without hassle.