PDA

View Full Version : How long will the 60th last?

Disneylandfan85
09-01-2015, 09:16 PM
How long will the 60th anniversary last? Because I really want to go very soon, but I'm worried that it will end in 2016, and that's when some of my family seem most interested in going, is in January.

candles71
09-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Nothing has been announced. The 50th went for a year and a half. (We went in September of 06 and it was still going. April of 07, it was Year of a Million Dreams.)

yellowrosedtxn
09-02-2015, 04:45 AM
I think it will probably last through the end of next year as well. At least that is my hope. I will be going back next September as well, so I hope it is still going on then.

bumblebeeonarose
09-02-2015, 07:54 AM
I'd imagine it would last through at least next year's Spring Break season, but it'll probably go through next summer too. Keep in mind that even when they end the 60th anniversary, the new shows won't be going anywhere; they're just too expensive for a one season run (besides Disney stopped doing short parade runs a long time ago). So what you'll be missing out on is the decorations and merchandise if they do terminate it at the end of the year.

MadasaHatter
09-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Since we don't hit the 61st Anniversary until July 17 of 2016 I would guess they would run it until then and maybe just a little beyond meaning probably all throughout the summer. But the fireworks and parade will indeed go on for awhile indeed. They did that with the 50th, right.....? Or am I mad?

Disneylandfan85
09-02-2015, 11:24 AM
I'd imagine it would last through at least next year's Spring Break season, but it'll probably go through next summer too. Keep in mind that even when they end the 60th anniversary, the new shows won't be going anywhere; they're just too expensive for a one season run (besides Disney stopped doing short parade runs a long time ago). So what you'll be missing out on is the decorations and merchandise if they do terminate it at the end of the year.

That was kind of the basis of my question, the decorations and such.

candles71
09-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Since we don't hit the 61st Anniversary until July 17 of 2016 I would guess they would run it until then and maybe just a little beyond meaning probably all throughout the summer. But the fireworks and parade will indeed go on for awhile indeed. They did that with the 50th, right.....? Or am I mad?
September could be considered in Summertime, I guess, but it was still decorated for the 50th when we went.
Like I said we haven't been given an end date.

MadasaHatter
09-02-2015, 03:32 PM
September could be considered in Summertime, I guess, but it was still decorated for the 50th when we went.
Like I said we haven't been given an end date.

Good point.....and it would make sense to take down the 60th swag for the OH SO popular Hallowe'en event.....only time will tell.....but YES the parade and fireworks will be running for a while it is rather safe to assume.

itig
09-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Good point.....and it would make sense to take down the 60th swag for the OH SO popular Hallowe'en event.....only time will tell.....but YES the parade and fireworks will be running for a while it is rather safe to assume.

I hope you're right. We're planning an early December trip and I really want to see Paint the Night and the 60th fireworks. I'm wondering how they will handle the Christmas parade and Christmas fireworks if they continue the 60th entertainment at the same time.

candles71
09-06-2015, 09:14 PM
They are supposed to be keeping both, with the Christmas parade taking the place of Soundsational. The fireworks will continue with the 60th ones instead of Christmas.

MadasaHatter
09-07-2015, 02:52 PM
I think it was posted somewhere that the night parade and the fireworks will remain for a few years as an ongoing celebration. That is exactly what happened with the 50th.....the money spent on those two have raised the bar and they will be performed for quite some time.

itig
09-07-2015, 08:13 PM
They are supposed to be keeping both, with the Christmas parade taking the place of Soundsational. The fireworks will continue with the 60th ones instead of Christmas.

Thanks candles71 and MadasaHatter - that's what I was hoping to hear!

3Princesses1Prince
09-22-2015, 10:34 AM
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/09/disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-continues-through-september-5-2016/

Confirmed through Sept 5, 2016

candles71
09-22-2015, 10:41 AM
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/09/disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-continues-through-september-5-2016/

Confirmed through Sept 5, 2016

I was just coming to post the same link. :) You must be eating your lunch faster than I am. ;)

bumblebeeonarose
09-22-2015, 12:06 PM
Pretty much what was predicted by others. It will go through summer, Labor Day weekend. It is nice that holiday seasons can return to some kind of normal next year. But I'm sure the parade will continue for many more years. It's too costly, and too popular to just dump. It will be interesting to see what happens next Christmas season. If the parade goes on hiatus, or if they do it the same as this year where the daily parade is Christmas and the night parade is PTN. That would still mean some decorations would be displaced due to the float sizes.

Now the new question is, how long will Season of the Force and the special Space Mountain last? And will they bring back the Star Wars Space Mountain each year as an overlay until the new land opens, or only this one year?

olegc
09-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Pretty much what was predicted by others. It will go through summer, Labor Day weekend. It is nice that holiday seasons can return to some kind of normal next year. But I'm sure the parade will continue for many more years. It's too costly, and too popular to just dump. It will be interesting to see what happens next Christmas season. If the parade goes on hiatus, or if they do it the same as this year where the daily parade is Christmas and the night parade is PTN. That would still mean some decorations would be displaced due to the float sizes.

Now the new question is, how long will Season of the Force and the special Space Mountain last? And will they bring back the Star Wars Space Mountain each year as an overlay until the new land opens, or only this one year?

SO - next year's Disneyland Half Marathon weekend, and Labor Day, and Final Weekend of 60th will crash head on. Hmmmm

About SOTF - its not clear. There are big rumors right now that Hyperspace Mountain will debut in November right after Halloween (give a week to install I guess). That being said it goes against what was discussed at D23 - early 2016. I think Disney is being VERY flexible (but cautious with information) about when to launch given the growing anticipation of the film (sidebar - apparently big arguments between Abrams and Disney over what to show in the Preview film in the park). I thought it would be intended to fill the void between Holidays and Summer - but now who knows. I also think this is intended to be repeated each year for as long as it brings them more $$$.

bumblebeeonarose
09-22-2015, 01:25 PM
I thought it would be intended to fill the void between Holidays and Summer - but now who knows. I also think this is intended to be repeated each year for as long as it brings them more $$$.

I'm okay with that as I'd like to see Hyperspace Mountain and we likely won't be returning until 2017.