PDA

View Full Version : Mary Poppins & Bert with the Pearly Band - in front of the castle?

corona
08-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Has anyone seen this show recently? Looking at the Pearly Band appearances on disneyland.com, I wonder if the show was cancelled with the start of the 60th on July 17.

bumblebeeonarose
08-28-2015, 07:19 AM
Has anyone seen this show recently? Looking at the Pearly Band appearances on disneyland.com, I wonder if the show was cancelled with the start of the 60th on July 17.

I read that Mary Poppins appears with the Disneyland band in front of the park...

corona
08-28-2015, 07:58 AM
I doubt that's current.
It was Mad Hatter and Alice who regularly appeared with the Disneyland Band at the park entrance. Mary Poppins would occasionally be part of the show, which ended with the debut of the new band.
Given the lack of responses, it looks like another character appearance in a show has been lost.

olegc
08-28-2015, 09:39 AM
i have seen the pearly band appear on Small World Mall during mid morning hours - though I noted it was not an official performance listed.

bumblebeeonarose
08-28-2015, 11:32 AM
This from July 10 shows Alice and Hatter with the bands. http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2015/07/luigis-progress-and-more-at-disneyland.html

A little further back shows Mickey and a ton of characters in front of the castle with the band http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2015/06/nothing-like-some-music-when-visiting.html

That's where I thought I read that Mary and Bert were with the band, but I didn't find it.

wabby1
08-31-2015, 09:15 AM
I was at the park in May prior to the 60th Anniversary kickoff....and we heard the band there in front of the castle. We then made our way over to the Corndog Wagon to have lunch, and as we were sitting there, he comes Mary Poppins and Bert out of one of the Cast Member doors, and greeted me with "Good morning, Sir" totally in character. Loved it. So it appears they come out from backstage from time to time for the band performance...