PDA

View Full Version : Have you used Village Haus or Pacific Wharf?

disneychelle
11-13-2003, 12:54 PM
I just got my binder in the mail (they're going all out aren't they?) and it came with a little note talking about Village Haus at DL and Pacific Wharf at DCA serving breakfast(?)for the meal vouchers, has anyone had meals there and what kind of a breakfast menu do they offer?Any help will be greatly appreciated!!:)

MrTomMorrow
11-13-2003, 01:15 PM
I think I had lunch once at Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA... I had clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. It was tasty (I think it was pretty similar to what they serve in New Orleans Square in Disneyland), but a bit pricey... which is on par with all the other food items in the parks.

Andrew
11-13-2003, 03:28 PM
I didn't know the Village Haus had started serving breakfast. I hope it's better than their (awful) pizza!

ralfrick
11-13-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
I didn't know the Village Haus had started serving breakfast. I hope it's better than their (awful) pizza!

After a slice I had at Marine World this summer, I have a new rule. Never eat pizza at a theme park. In over 40 years of life, not once have I had a pizza in one that was better than fair, and most are much worse.

MrTomMorrow
11-13-2003, 05:21 PM
What about Redd Rockett's Pizza Port? I thought the pizza there was actually quite good.

sleepyjeff
11-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by MrTomMorrow
What about Redd Rockett's Pizza Port? I thought the pizza there was actually quite good.

I ve been to the Pizza Port three times. First time in 2000, the pizza was ok. The second time, in 2001, the pizza was just edible. The third time...........well, let's just say there won't be a fourth time;)

sleepyjeff
11-13-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ralfrick
After a slice I had at Marine World this summer, I have a new rule. Never eat pizza at a theme park.

Does the Worlds' Fair count? I had a great pizza at EXPO 86' in Vancouver, BC. Canada. Funny thing was, it was a chain called Boston Pizza:)

BJW
11-14-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff
I ve been to the Pizza Port three times. First time in 2000, the pizza was ok. The second time, in 2001, the pizza was just edible. The third time...........well, let's just say there won't be a fourth time;)
I agree. This reminds me of the last time I ate at the Pizza Port. I went to First Aid and demanded some stomach medicine, I believe they gave me some alka-seltzer. What was funny was what I told the nurse. When I got inside I told her I needed some stomach medicine right away. She asked "Why, what's the problem?" I responded that "I just ate at Red Rocket's Pizza Port and if you don't give me some of that medicine right away I'll go out of here and get in line for Astro-Orbiter." She replied loudly, "No, don't do THAT!" :D

ralfrick
11-14-2003, 07:00 AM
Never tried RRPP, but a lot of what i've heard is great pasta, lousy pizza.

Never thought about an Italian food from a Boston company in Canada, although the utter weidness of it all is oddly intriguing (sp?)

iwannabeanimagineer
11-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by ralfrick
Never tried RRPP, but a lot of what i've heard is great pasta, lousy pizza.
We have eaten there at every visit since it opened. The pasta is great. My kids like the pizza. I haven't been brave enough to try it. My kids also like Little Caesar's. Go figure.

iwannabeanimagineer
11-14-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by disneychelle
I just got my binder in the mail (they're going all out aren't they?) and it came with a little note talking about Village Haus at DL and Pacific Wharf at DCA serving breakfast(?)for the meal vouchers, has anyone had meals there and what kind of a breakfast menu do they offer?
I haven't seen their breakfast menus or eaten breakfast there yet, but Pacific Wharf SHOULD offer dimsum! Anyone second the motion?

Borgnineus
11-14-2003, 07:51 AM
Hi All,

Longtime (3yrs) lurker here finally coming out of the shadows. I am heading to the resort in a week and was wondering about the breakfast situation as well. I just caught this topic and noticed that none of the replies have addressed the intial question on breakfast tips at these eateries. Anyone have any info?

Thanks to all here for a wonderful source of info!

tracilicious
11-14-2003, 08:16 AM
i must be in the minority, but i LOVE RRPP! it is my favorite pizza in the whole world! mmmmmmm! six days til pizza port!

HBTiggerFan
11-14-2003, 09:00 AM
Considering the Village Haus has a pretty bad rep for its
non-breakfast items I would highly suggest you go to the Pacific Warf Cafe. I've never had breakfast there, but lunch and dinner are always great.

As for RRPP, I normally get a chicken ceaser salad. It's always been great. I am a picky pizza eater.

JPIVERSON
11-14-2003, 09:05 AM
My family and I used our breakfast vouchers at the Pacific Wharf... and it was really good. The egg & bacon sandwich on a croissant was very tasty. The waiting lines were extremely short too. :D

cstephens
11-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by iwannabeanimagineer
I haven't seen their breakfast menus or eaten breakfast there yet, but Pacific Wharf SHOULD offer dimsum! Anyone second the motion?

Actually, the so-called Chinese place in the area used to have a dim sum platter, which was actually quite good, but they took the selection away. :(

disneychelle
11-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Note taken...don't eat pizza there but what about the breakfast offerings? Walt Disney Travel says that that is the only place to use the "breakfast in the park" vouchers for, any help is much appreciated!;)

Morrigoon
11-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Once upon a time, breakfast was served at Tomorrowland Terrace, but that's before they ruined it by turning it into desserts-only Club Buzz.

I'm racking my bring trying to remember what we served for breakfast there. I think it was along the lines of fruit platter, bacon & eggs or french toast. Okay, probably a touch above McDonald's "Big Breakfast". Village Haus is probably not too different.

Pacific Wharf, if it's the place I'm thinking of, probably has more pleasant seating, but it doesn't have the kitschy appeal of Village Haus.

Dlandmom
11-14-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Once upon a time, breakfast was served at Tomorrowland Terrace, but that's before they ruined it by turning it into desserts-only Club Buzz.

I'm racking my bring trying to remember what we served for breakfast there. I think it was along the lines of fruit platter, bacon & eggs or french toast. Okay, probably a touch above McDonald's "Big Breakfast". Village Haus is probably not too different.

Pacific Wharf, if it's the place I'm thinking of, probably has more pleasant seating, but it doesn't have the kitschy appeal of Village Haus.

If I recall correctly, it was a pretty tasty croissant sandwich with little diced potato (I know there's a name for it...it escapes me right now). I'm guessing that's one of their regular breakfast items through the DLR.

iwannabeanimagineer
11-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
...the kitschy appeal of Village Haus.
Personally I prefer kitchen appeal.

merlinjones
11-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Redd Rocket's sugar frosted goo pizza is the most awful thing since Chef Boy Ar Dee.

On the other hand, Napolini out at Downtown Disney has excellent (but pricey) slices of thin crust designer pizza. The real thing! A happy surprise.

merlinjones
11-14-2003, 05:18 PM
As for breakfast, you can't beat RiverBelle Terrace and those fresh Mickey pancakes!

disneymeimei
11-14-2003, 08:34 PM
We had breakfast tickets/vouchers last trip (August) and went to Pacific Wharf. Plentiful, real eggs and satisfying for everyone in our group (six of us). The voucher was enough to cover beverages as well. Sitting on the "dock" was a pleasant and peaceful way to start our day.

wood_is_mine
11-15-2003, 03:45 PM
The Vilage Haus is gross. My mother, who ate there a sperarte year from me agrees. Not only was the food gross, but we had to wait in line for almost alf an hour even though there were only a few people ahead of us. Pizza Port was much better. (I happen to think their pizza is delishious!:D )