PDA

View Full Version : Windows on Main street

MotorBoat Cruiser
11-13-2003, 10:34 AM
I thought that I had read somewhere that one of the windows on Main Street says Walt Disney. I've looked and looked with no luck. I've found his father's but not Walt's. Does anyone know where his can be found?

Not Afraid
11-13-2003, 11:02 AM
No, there's isn't a Walt window. Just the one with the light (and now the Christmas Tree).

(And if I am wrong, I will hang my head in shame, because trivia is my bailiwick.)

cemeinke
11-13-2003, 11:07 AM
Well, there actually is a Walt's window - it's just not on Main Street ;)

Not Afraid
11-13-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by cemeinke

Ah ha! Now you've added some fuel to the fire. That's a tricky question - you old trickster, you.:~D

tod
11-13-2003, 11:17 AM
I believe the window MotorboatCruiser is asking about is in Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom.

If that's a homophone, I get it.

--T
:fez:

cemeinke
11-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by tod
If that's a homophone, I get it.

Nope - but I don't get yours:confused:

MotorBoat Cruiser
11-13-2003, 11:28 AM

Ok, it appears you aren't going to make it easy for me. :) Let me ask you, is it in Disneyland?

cemeinke
11-13-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by MotorBoat Cruiser
Ok, it appears you aren't going to make it easy for me. :) Let me ask you, is it in Disneyland?

Yes it is - just in another land...

Not Afraid
11-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Yes. There is a Walt's Window at DL, however, it is NOT on Main Street. All clear?:~D

MotorBoat Cruiser
11-13-2003, 11:36 AM
Ok, it appears I have some more hunting to do then. Just one more question...

Is it in a place that a guest has access to or can it only be seen by a cast member?

And by the way, even though I asked where it was in the original OP, I'm glad you didn't reveal the location. That gives me a challenge. :) I really just wanted to know if it was actually in the park.

Ah, something else to do while at the park tomorrow...

cemeinke
11-13-2003, 11:41 AM
It's in the park and clearly visible and accessible as a guest. Just like the Main Street Windows - only this one isn't in Main Street.

Happy Hunting - when you find it, it will make sense:geek:

tod
11-13-2003, 11:47 AM
A homophone is a word that sounds just like another word, like too sounding just like two.

So I figured "Walt's window" was a homophone for "waltz window" and it was the one on the balcony overlooking the ballroom at the Haunted Mansion.

Is the "Walt's window" distinguished because he used it, or because his name is on it?

--T

Laffite
11-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by tod
A homophone is a word that sounds just like another word, like too sounding just like two.

So I figured "Walt's window" was a homophone for "waltz window" and it was the one on the balcony overlooking the ballroom at the Haunted Mansion.

Is the "Walt's window" distinguished because he used it, or because his name is on it?

--T

whoa.

Not Afraid
11-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by tod

The latter.

MrTomMorrow
11-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
No, there's isn't a Walt window. Just the one with the light (and now the Christmas Tree).
is my bailiwick.)

Is there a tribute to Walt on the Christmas tree this year?

Not Afraid
11-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by MrTomMorrow
Is there a tribute to Walt on the Christmas tree this year?

Not that I've seen. I was refering to the small Christmas tree that is in the window above the firehouse replacing the light.

MrTomMorrow
11-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Oooh. I see.