PDA

View Full Version : AP event 8/31

Jodi
08-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Has anyone received any updated info on the AP anniversary event scheduled for 8/31?

When the registration was open, it said that more information would be added closer to the event date, but I haven't been able to find anything!

I have a registration confirmation, but I would like to know more!

lilgwacie
08-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Has anyone received any updated info on the AP anniversary event scheduled for 8/31?

When the registration was open, it said that more information would be added closer to the event date, but I haven't been able to find anything!

I have a registration confirmation, but I would like to know more!

And to make that day even more complicated, there is also an AP party on 8/31 from 9 pm - 1 am for those people with passes that expires starting 9/13. I had received a Disney AP mailer inviting me to an AP anniversary party in the evening for 8/31 or 9/1. When I called the Disney AP line, they believed, with the little info that they have even for the full day 8/31 AP party, that the all day AP party and evening AP party will be two separate events. I signed up for 9/1 and still no info yet either!

olegc
08-25-2015, 02:45 PM
And to make that day even more complicated, there is also an AP party on 8/31 from 9 pm - 1 am for those people with passes that expires starting 9/13. I had received a Disney AP mailer inviting me to an AP anniversary party in the evening for 8/31 or 9/1. When I called the Disney AP line, they believed, with the little info that they have even for the full day 8/31 AP party, that the all day AP party and evening AP party will be two separate events. I signed up for 9/1 and still no info yet either!

i would not think there would be an all day AP party. From what I recall these renewal/anniversary parties are always after hours (9-1) over two days no slower nights.

Since I was not invited to this one I don't have the details but it looks like there is a little bit of a mix-up.

lilgwacie
08-25-2015, 02:57 PM
i would not think there would be an all day AP party. From what I recall these renewal/anniversary parties are always after hours (9-1) over two days no slower nights.

Since I was not invited to this one I don't have the details but it looks like there is a little bit of a mix-up.

Whoops, you are correct! It's been a while since the announcement of the last round of parties, so I remembered "all day" when it was actually "all park". So for the passes expiring between May 24, 2015 and September 12, 2015, they had a choice of an evening party on April 27 (on the Westside of Disneyland) or a evening party with time TBD on August 31 (all park party).

Since there is no info released yet for the August 31 or September 1 parties for passes expiring starting September 13, 2015, hard to say if they'll combine the August 31 parties for the two passes into one big one (though logistically, it makes sense to do so).

pulltab
08-25-2015, 05:49 PM
I went to the parade and fireworks event last night (Monday)... you wouldn't believe how many people were there for a simple Monday night event... There must have been 20,000 people standing on Main Street at the end. To add insult to injury, CA and DL both closed at 10PM and everything dumped from both parks at the same time, I have never seen so many people lined up at the M & F tram departure point. I am guessing 1,000 walked to the garage .... I was one of them.

Hopefully things will slow down next week for the evening AP event, but I heard several people who took their kids knowing they would be in school the next day... just crazy..... I'm just sayin'....

I am surmising between 8PM and Midnight for the September party?....