PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sky Cellar

lifeisgood
08-22-2015, 03:41 PM
All this talk of new attractions/lands makes me miss Blue Sky Cellar terribly! That used to be one of my must-see's every trip. Why did they close it? (I don't even remember how long it's been closed now!) And is there any plan to reopen...ever?

bumblebeeonarose
08-22-2015, 05:22 PM
The new innoventions Star Wars area should have the "blue sky cellar" stuff for Star Wars land. As far as the actual location in DCA, there has been no word. It was used as a temporary M&G for Disney Visa holders while the main M&G site was blocked by construction.

candles71
08-22-2015, 05:40 PM
All this talk of new attractions/lands makes me miss Blue Sky Cellar terribly! That used to be one of my must-see's every trip. Why did they close it? (I don't even remember how long it's been closed now!) And is there any plan to reopen...ever? As for why they closed it, Disney said with the re-opening of DCA, and everything being done, it wasn't needed anymore.

olegc
08-24-2015, 09:47 AM
As for why they closed it, Disney said with the re-opening of DCA, and everything being done, it wasn't needed anymore.

and I think this was a strategic move. They needed it when there was so much change in DCA. Lasseter's claim at the time was to bring something back that would show future projects at the resort. However, I think folks higher than Lasseter have put their foot down so to speak and say no, we're going to control the release and preview of information much more tightly. See the trickle of info about the 60th entertainment as an example. In just 5 years its become much more of a controlled process and used as events in itself.

danyoung
08-24-2015, 11:26 AM
I'd also guess that even with all that they've released at D23, some of the plans are still fluid. It wouldn't be good to put up a display in the Cellar, only to have it change radically. I'd bet that as they get closer to starting construction they'll restart the Cellar.