PDA

View Full Version : Inner Space Blasters

merlinjones
11-12-2003, 11:47 AM
I posted this idea over at LP and it generated some discussion.

Instead of Buzz, wouldn't it be cool if they reconceived Adventure Thru Inner Space as a scoring blaster game? I mean, you would get shrunk in the Mighty Microscope and enter the trippy ATIS environment via Omnimover, but then you are assigned to blast a renegade microbe, killer virus, germ or mutant cell while shrinking to the size of the atom.

Same thilling scoring and competition that makes Buzz popular, but in a wondrous creative and escapist environment inspired by classic, proven ride concept. Keep the melodramatic Frees narration and Sherman Bros music, add guest interaction and fresh efx tech.

Peanut butter and chocolate!

Just flip the floorplan from the original ATIS and reconfigure for the CircleVision building.

For me, this would be way cooler than a plywood Zurg or Disney Store Buzz and it would be a bigger, more fitting draw for all ages during the 50th anniversary! Nostalgia meets innovation.

What do you think?

Demigod121
11-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Seeing as I was a fan of ATIS when it was operating, I'd like that. But I doubt you'd be able to convince Disney brass to get it going.

But who knows.

-Demigod

CoasterMatt
11-12-2003, 12:08 PM
MerlinJones gets my vote for

Best Attraction Concept Of The Year

for that one.

I especially like that idea, because I found the WDW Buzz ride terrible. The best thing about the WDW version is the cool AA with a Madame Leota effect head, and that's in the queue line. If you want to see a blaster ride done properly, check out Men In Black: Alien Attack at Universal Studios Florida.

RStar
11-12-2003, 12:20 PM
I'd vote, but alas, it's too late. The work on Buzz has begun.:(

Tigertail777
11-12-2003, 02:28 PM
I am not opposed to buzz if its done nice and lavish, however I really really like Merlins idea far better! This is awesome, and really seems to make more sense of the technology in context of the story. Bravo Merlin!:D

MrTomMorrow
11-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Indeed... the idea sounds wonderful! I especially like the idea of zapping the bacteria and viruses. I think the health perspective really makes it futuristic and Tomorrowland-worthy.

MrTomMorrow approves of this project to go into his land.

sleepyjeff
11-12-2003, 06:32 PM
I am sure it's not too late to build it this way( theming is one of the last things they put in I bet). And it would be soooo very cool to have an attraction in Tomorrowland that was actually about the Future.

And best of all, Disney World does NOT , have such an attraction.:)

innerSpaceman
11-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Official Seal of Approval Granted.

Oh, and, uh, the liklihood of such an attraction happening is not an issue. Obvioiusly, it's not going to happen. Construction on Buzz Lightyear has already started and the greenlight for that was harder to get than wisdom teeth pulled from a gorilla.

So, let's just (I respectfully suggest) talk about the merits of the idea and fantasize about what a cool ride it would be!

9oldmen
11-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Sounds like "Fantastic Voyage, the Theme Park Attraction". And since, I think Harper Goff designed that movie, and Richard Fleischer (20,000 Leagues) directed, it would make sense for Disneyland.