PDA

View Full Version : A tribute to Walt.

totbellhop
09-17-2001, 02:20 PM
I was watching TV last sunday, on ABC, and I saw Walt's biography. Then I wondered, why haven't someone come across the idea of making an atraction as a tribute to Walt. I was thinking something like a biography, with an animatronic of Walt and everything, something that makes you cry at the end:crying:. The animatronic could say Walt's dedication to Disneyland, and other quotes, with a big screen behind him that changes while he talks. It could be in Disneyland, i think. Do anyone think this could be possible. :confused:

totbellhop
09-17-2001, 07:44 PM
Kind of think of it, the name of the program was "Walt Disney: The Man Behind the Myth". It showed various cgi images of Walt's idea for EPCOT, and how he died when he was very excited with the idea of making it a reality. It just shows that tobacco and cigars can destroy your dreams. Well, the good part is that the biography will be released on DVD, at the end of this year, for the "100 Years of Magic Celebration". I can't wait to buy it. :D
I just can't figure out, how Imagineers haven't come across the idea of making an atraction based on Walt's life. The now revamped "Walt Disney Story" doesn't show as much as I already know. Do you agree with me?

Nigel2
09-17-2001, 09:25 PM
Remeber that the Walt Disney Story at one point replaced Lincoln, but people wanted Abe back so they combined the attractions. But I don't know if it would be a good idea to make a Walt Aa, since there would be so many things people would want him to say, plus it would be kinda creepy to see the master as one of his creations.

PirateoftheCaribbean
09-18-2001, 07:02 AM
I saw it, too. It was very interesting. It was all I could do to hold back most of the tears at the end. Luckily, I recorded it.

About the AA Walt, I've got a good idea. How about an informative show in the Innoventions building, like the Carrousel of Progress. A rotating show featuring the development of Dineyland. The first scene: Walt pointing to artists' renderings of the park and talking about what it would be. The next scene: A group of Imagineers drawing, creating, etc. in a studio. Third: A group of Imagineers building the Castle. The last scene ould be Walt giving the dedication at the opening in the courtyard, in front of a Painted Main Street. I think it would work. We would just have to send Innoventions to Yesterland (Boo Hoo. Not!)

Ace
09-19-2001, 08:37 PM
walt is a genius, pure and simple.

Niwel
09-20-2001, 12:23 PM
I loved this special!!!
It answered a lot of questions about Walt's family for me:
Did Walt hav grandkids: Yes
Which daugher was adopted: Sharon

I cried at the end when they had someone talking about how beautiful a place Disneyland would always be an how it would never be completed. I cried because I thought about how much the current "powers that be" don't seem to care about how beautiful it should be...only about how big a bonus they get.