PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary Merchandise We Would Actually Buy

Pages : [1] 2 3

11-12-2003, 05:54 AM
Coffee table book of gorgeous historic/vintage backstage photos, accompanying text, put by a high-quality printer like Rizzoli.

Your turn.

merlinjones
11-12-2003, 06:09 AM
Nicely printed art book of all Disneyland Attraction Posters (full page repros)

t-shirts with classic attraction poster graphics

DVD park exclusives (individually sold, not in set):

Dateline: Disneyland (uncut)

Disneyland USA

The Disneyland Story

Disneyland 1959

Around the Seasons at Disneyland

Disneyland After Dark (uncut and with no disclaimers)

The Golden Horseshoe Revue

Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair

Disneyland's 10th Anniversary

From the Pirates of the Carribbean to the World of Tomorrow

Disneyland Showtime

MrTomMorrow
11-12-2003, 06:18 AM
A new official soundtrack featuring never-before-heard audio tracks from attractions throughout the years.

A DVD set featuring all the episodes of Disneyland, the TV show introducing the park before it opened that featured previews of the park and how it was progressing construction-wise.

Maybe even actual park "artifacts" kind of like that which we see on eBay (signs, old props, etc).

hefferdude
11-12-2003, 09:00 AM
1. Davey Crocket and Zorro Hats. Muskets and swords.
2. Reproductions of the original park maps and dailys.
3. The visitor register you used to be able to sign.
4. A frozen churro from 1955. :p

Demigod121
11-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by hefferdude
4. A frozen churro from 1955. :p

Wouldn't even have to be frozen....heard those things can survive a nuclear detonation...lol....much like cockroaches...hee hee

-Demigod

Not Afraid
11-12-2003, 09:34 AM
I would like a book of maps with a base map of the park and clear overlays that would update the park by years. Along with this, a complete timeline of attractions and events for the last 50 years.

We have a decent copy of the last part that we constructed ourselves. Maybe Disney would like to borrow it as a starting point.;)

MansionMatt
11-12-2003, 09:50 AM
my nerddom falls squarely into DVDs and CDs beyond Disney...so I know the items I'd most definitely hunt down like animals would be anything of the Video/Audio nature.

I think a Disneyland Archives series of discs, audio and video, at least one per month throughout the celebration, would be fantastic.

on the video end, include all the specials and episodes of Disneyland already mentioned by other posters. also add in discs to include old attraction videos, like Captain Eo and any video pre-shows.

And one special set (to be sold throughout the celebration) with nice, high-quality filmed versions of classic disney shows and attractions...

on the audio end, they should do a series of discs just like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates CDs they put out already...one for each attraction, or for areas of the park. Spiels, theme music, whole attractions, old bits of soundtrack...etc.

This stuff is getting hardcore geek but this is the kind of stuff I'd like to see them delve into...stuff for the hardcore geeks! heck, make it limited edition.

HBTiggerFan
11-12-2003, 09:58 AM
I'd buy shirts with classic attraction posters on them if the design was on the back, and in styles for women.

I love the map idea NA!

High quality shot glasses (they sell em in DCA now...) with the 50th Birthday on them.

GoldenEars
11-12-2003, 10:05 AM
I think Disney should put out a CD with a complete listing of ALL the past Disneyland parade/show soundtracks they've had, including the new paradee they're going to do for the 50th!

Music from such parades/shows as:

01. Party Gras
02. Blast To The Past
03. State Fair
04. World According To Goofy
05. Lion King
06. Mulan
07. Hercules
08. Totally Minnie
09. Mickey's 60th
10. Disneyland's 25th
11. Disneyland's 30th (altho it was the same music)
12. America On Parade
13. Main Street Electrical
14. Very Merry Christmas
15. Christmas Fantasty
16. Snow White's Golden Anniversary
17. Light Magic (yes, even that one too, LOL!!)
18. The Golden Horseshoe Review
19. Show Biz Is
20. Mickey's Nutcracker
21. Dick Tracey
22. Pocahontas
23. Beauty & The Beast
24. Hunchback...Festival Of Fools
25. Plane Crazy
26. Disneyland Is Your Land
27. The Magic Of Christmas
28. Minnie's Christmas Party
29. Mickey's Detective School (don't shoot me on this one, LOL!!)
30. Magic Kingdom Kabret (celebrating Disneyland's 40th)
31. Fantasmic!

Gee, I guess you can see that I sure LOVE my Disney parades and shows, huh?:D I'm sure there's lots more, but I just can't remember them all, LOL! But having a CD with all or most of this on it would be awesome. I'm surprised they've never done something like this before, as it would be a VERY popular seller!!

Patrick:)

Tigertail777
11-12-2003, 02:21 PM
I brought this idea up in another board in a thread long long ago....

I had wanted burn your own dvd kiosks, where you can choose fully professional filmed ride throughs of each ride or attraction, including ones not there anymore, like subs (from archives obviously). And things like pirates you have different tracks you can get: the full ride only looking to the right, the full ride only to the left, the full ride only straight ahead, and the full ride ride panning on different scenes. Maybe even have a few possible bonus tracks you could get filmed in 3D and have 3d glasses come with.
Another neat archival dvd: "failed ride concepts" have extensive coverage through art sketches, interviews and footage of old failed rides and why they failed: flying saucers, Rocket Rods,etc. As well as some rides that almost made the cut but didnt (such as the Atlantis ride), something along the lines of what travel or Discovery channel would produce.

Another add to this idea: for rides that wre all but impossible to film due their nature (like how dark ATIS was), have very professional realistic looking 3D animation ride throughs made as close as possible to how they actually looked.

Another idea: very lavish set of cd soundtracks of some of the rides that come with nice hardback books that are the size of a cd case, and hold the cd's in a pocket in the back of them.

Reproductions of some of the best old park souvineers, that have sold throughout the years. They could release one new "revived" souvineer each week of the celebration. Like the Haunted Mansion puzzle box for instance. (side note I think a Haunted Mansion Holiday puzzle box would rock! especially if it had a special little NBC toy inside that you had to "find").

And little golden castle paperweights!

:D someone had to say it!!! LOL

iwannabeanimagineer
11-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Disneyland Showtime
Yes!

Originally posted by mrtommorrow
Maybe even actual park "artifacts" kind of like that which we see on eBay (signs, old props, etc).
Love that idea!

Originally posted by hefferdude
2. Reproductions of the original park maps and dailys.
Outstanding idea!

How about this idea:
Virtual reality software with interactive digital reproduction (in stereo) of Disneyland from years past...pick the year, pick the location or attraction and you're there. I think I'd like to visit Tomorrowland 1978. Or ride the Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland. And hey, this might sell a ticket or two: a digital "Viewmaster" with built-in GPS for use in the park that shows you how the location you're looking at right now looked in the year of your choice...oh and with sound.

merlinjones
11-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Definitely new View-Master reel packets, both of the resort now - - and classic slides from the past 50 years! How long has it been since they had DL View-Master reels? Used to be a staple.

Phydeaou
11-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Another neat archival dvd: "failed ride concepts" have extensive coverage through art sketches, interviews and footage of old failed rides and why they failed: flying saucers, Rocket Rods,etc. As well as some rides that almost made the cut but didnt (such as the Atlantis ride), something along the lines of what travel or Discovery channel would produce. As much as I would like to see that (Personally, I thought the rocket rods were better than having nothing there at all), but do you really think that TDA would admit failure? With the park in the current condition that it is, I can't imagine that TDA has the cahones to say that they have failed at anything. That would open the door for criticism that they have failed at other things, like maintaining the park.

TP2000
11-12-2003, 07:41 PM
The word is that they are already selling 50th stuff at WDW's Downtown Disney branch of World of Disney. They've got "Disney's Golden Celebration" stuff up in a big display, with sections devoted to Paris, Tokyo, Orlando and Anaheim. And it all has the new official 50th logo on it.

But that's at Walt Disney World in Florida, where they are getting a bunch of new rides to celebrate Disneyland's 50th and they are already getting in the swing of things.

Anyone know more, or actually seen the display at WDW?

MonorailMan
11-12-2003, 08:00 PM
I think, during the celebration, give out the old "each land has a page" style DL map, in old looking times.

Also, it might be cool to add an "Original Attraction" marker to all the rides that haven't closed since 1955. :D

sleepyjeff
11-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Full scale Monsantos House of Tomorrow.........Hey, if Sears could sell homes, why not Disneyland. Sure to brighten up any mobile home park. Get yours today!

MickeyLumbo
11-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by DsneNut
I think Disney should put out a CD with a complete listing of ALL the past Disneyland parade/show soundtracks they've had, including the new paradee they're going to do for the 50th!

Music from such parades/shows as:

01. Party Gras
02. Blast To The Past
03. State Fair
04. World According To Goofy
05. Lion King
06. Mulan
07. Hercules
08. Totally Minnie
09. Mickey's 60th
10. Disneyland's 25th
11. Disneyland's 30th (altho it was the same music)
12. America On Parade
13. Main Street Electrical
14. Very Merry Christmas
15. Christmas Fantasty
16. Snow White's Golden Anniversary
17. Light Magic (yes, even that one too, LOL!!)
18. The Golden Horseshoe Review
19. Show Biz Is
20. Mickey's Nutcracker
21. Dick Tracey
22. Pocahontas
23. Beauty & The Beast
24. Hunchback...Festival Of Fools
25. Plane Crazy
26. Disneyland Is Your Land
27. The Magic Of Christmas
28. Minnie's Christmas Party
29. Mickey's Detective School (don't shoot me on this one, LOL!!)
30. Magic Kingdom Kabret (celebrating Disneyland's 40th)
31. Fantasmic!

Gee, I guess you can see that I sure LOVE my Disney parades and shows, huh?:D I'm sure there's lots more, but I just can't remember them all, LOL! But having a CD with all or most of this on it would be awesome. I'm surprised they've never done something like this before, as it would be a VERY popular seller!!

Patrick:)

Rollin' River Revue (summer of '81) was awesome and i hope it would be included:)

bandboy1985
11-14-2003, 12:21 AM
logo merchandise.

if there ever was an occaision to get behind the original logo and get it plastered across america again, this is it, folks. main font color white, with the gold as the trim, on white sweatshirts.

50th anniversary logo merchandise- i think bumper stickers would be cool, or brass license plate frames. disney car culture is kind of a big thing in california, with the generations of mickey heads and all- it would be a cool thing to explore.

merlinjones
11-14-2003, 05:54 AM
Re: Original logo merchandise: I would also love to see the cool stylized castle icon of the 50's-80's return as a merchandising staple. That is a great design.

I also would love merchandise that showed the original Wonderful World of Color castle matte painting, with TinkerBell. Not an ugly modern recreation, but the original animation art. That painting is in the Studio Archives, gang.

11-14-2003, 07:45 AM
I'm reading your ideas, nodding my head, muttering Yeah, I'd buy that over and over.

We seem to want classic, DL golden era stuff.

No one has mentioned pins or plush or covers of classic Disney music by Justin Timberlake et al. (or did I miss it?).

iwannabeanimagineer
11-14-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by 3894
No one has mentioned pins or plush or covers of classic Disney music by Justin Timberlake et al. (or did I miss it?).
How about a plush pin showing the CD case art of "50 Cent Covers the Music of Disney's The Fox and the Hound"?

11-14-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by iwannabeanimagineer
How about a plush pin showing the CD case art of "50 Cent Covers the Music of Disney's The Fox and the Hound"?

:D Can you picture the video featuring Lil' Kim?

iwannabeanimagineer
11-14-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by 3894
:D Can you picture the video featuring Lil' Kim?
Quick, I need a giant teacup to barf in.

cstephens
11-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Something along the lines of the Chevron cars and the map of their city you can buy on online, but instead, it would be a map of the old parking lot with the different designations. You would be able to buy little standees with each parking section and little traffic cones, and you'd be able to buy either plastic or die-cast versions of the old trams.

And for those who hate DCA, they can have a see-through overlay map with what's at DCA now so y'all can run into/over these various attractions with your tram. ;)

Queenie
11-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Definitely new View-Master reel packets, both of the resort now - - and classic slides from the past 50 years! How long has it been since they had DL View-Master reels? Used to be a staple.

Oh, I love that idea! Do they still sell Disney View-Master reels? I remember buying them in the parks years ago.