PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gonna miss Conjure up a Villain?

corona
08-12-2015, 07:43 PM
To be clear, Disneyland hasn't announced that Conjure up a Villain will be removed from Halloween Time offerings, but it is absent from both printed material Disney has sent out and on disneyland.com. There's no hint of anything happening in Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree this year.

Sleeping Beauty's mom
08-12-2015, 07:46 PM
I'm going to miss it, I can't even count how many times we went to get a chance to see Maleficent. Never did get to see her there.

AnotherJenny
08-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Honestly, no. I'd rather they just do a couple of villain meet and greets and swap out the characters on a semi predictable schedule. The whole waiting in a hay maze and tent got to be a bit much. And you had to choose between watching the show or being first in line. If you choose the show, you end up waiting longer in the stuffy tent because the regulars go straight for the line. I'm glad to see them try things, but this one didn't work for me.

tea4two
08-12-2015, 09:45 PM
I'll miss the pumpkin carvers more. :(

goalieump413
08-13-2015, 06:20 AM
So Disney is cutting back what's offered during normal operating hours, but asking more for Trick or Treat Party tickets? Maybe they're just shifting these offerings to the Party?

olegc
08-13-2015, 11:27 AM
So Disney is cutting back what's offered during normal operating hours, but asking more for Trick or Treat Party tickets? Maybe they're just shifting these offerings to the Party?

i doubt it. My guess is a) its the 60th so they can charge more because it will be more popular (i,e, to make money) and b) more popular in general for halloween so they can charge more (and make more money) without having to keep everything. If you can remove cost (shows and meet and greets), and still sell out or be busy beyond believe due to the 60th - why not.

corona
08-21-2015, 08:01 PM
It's official now - the entire Halloween Carnival won't be happening this year.
Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree will apparently host nothing - during the day - so may be closed during Halloween Time.
I don't know of any announcements regarding its use during Mickey's Halloween Party.

AJDerrick
08-26-2015, 07:48 AM
That's too bad, I loved taking our toddler up there to color and meet characters in a more casual environment.