PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues moving

olegc
08-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Reported today on OC register twitter account that HOB Anaheim will move to Anaheim Gardenwalk.

AVP
08-12-2015, 12:01 AM
Reported today on OC register twitter account that HOB Anaheim will move to Anaheim Gardenwalk.

Here's the full article:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/anaheim-677066-house-blues.html

I got a tip this weekend that HoB was moving to The Block in Orange, but I couldn't confirm it. I think this will be a good thing for Garden Walk, and I'm trying to figure out what Disney will do with the space.

AVP

Niwel
08-12-2015, 06:16 AM
Here's the full article:

I got a tip this weekend that HoB was moving to The Block in Orange, but I couldn't confirm it. I think this will be a good thing for Garden Walk, and I'm trying to figure out what Disney will do with the space.

AVP

Maybe a West Coast base for something at Disney Springs?

Malcon10t
08-12-2015, 06:36 AM
Here's the full article:

AVPI agree it will be good for the Garden Walk. While I liked the HOB, I did feel there were issues with the location as walking back from DIsneyland when a concert was getting out, there were times it was a little out of control.

olegc
08-12-2015, 06:44 AM
I'm sure HOB had issues with that too, I.e. wanting more leeway to book acts and not necessarily have a Disney atmosphere surrounding it.

abkb76
08-12-2015, 09:47 AM
As a local, I'm sad that the theatres at the Garden Walk will be moving/closing and are being replaced by HOB. The prices for movies are less than at the AMC and, you can reserve your seats, which was one of my favorite aspects.
I always enjoyed going to shows at HOB at Downtown Disney and am curious how they will be able to convert the current space into a new music venue.

cstephens
08-12-2015, 11:15 AM
I agree it will be good for the Garden Walk. While I liked the HOB, I did feel there were issues with the location as walking back from DIsneyland when a concert was getting out, there were times it was a little out of control.

And it will also alleviate how much parking the concert goers were taking up in Downtown Disney. There's a boatload of parking at Garden Walk not being used.

AVP
08-13-2015, 12:13 AM
Maybe a West Coast base for something at Disney Springs?Yeah, that was my thought. I wonder if we won't get the Indiana Jones bar here.

AVP
08-13-2015, 12:14 AM
I'm sure HOB had issues with that too, I.e. wanting more leeway to book acts and not necessarily have a Disney atmosphere surrounding it.I was wondering about that, given the recent closure of the Sunset Strip location. This gives them a much larger venue with better parking, so they may be able to book better acts.

AVP

olegc
08-13-2015, 06:34 AM
Did they ever have a limit on type of act while at DTD?

sjhanksaz
08-13-2015, 08:01 AM
I will miss the Mohawks during some of the punk shows

sediment
08-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Going in where the cinema is? This is what GardenWalk needs: a unique reason for people to actually go on the property. (The cinema competes with AMC at DTD, and there is another place down Katella) This should do it.