PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror?

Saratoga75
11-11-2003, 01:33 PM
Has anyone heard any dates for the opening of tower of terror???. . the only thing i keep hearing is Spring 2004. . . i actually did here April, 2004. . .i would except Disney by now to come up with at least a month of the opening.

Darkbeer
11-11-2003, 04:31 PM
No official date has been announced....

As far as I understand it, they built in multiple opening dates into the schedule, in case they run into problems during construction and testing.

The two main dates was just before Easter (April), and Memorial Day Weekend. If things go smoothly during testing, you could see some AP previews in March, and then a official grand opening in April. If things aren't working right (there are new effects), then they can "fall back" to the Memorial Day opening, and offer AP previews if they get it done a few weeks early.

Also, there is the marketing issue, Disney will have to compete for attention (TV ad time, newspaper articles, etc..) with SeaWorld and USH, which are both opening major new attractions in the same time period.

For example, here is one scenario, Disney decides to open its ride first in March/April, getting the jump on the other parks, and has the run of the TV and Radio commercials. The ride opens to mixed reviews in the newspapers..... Park gets a jump in April and May, then both USH Revenge of the Mummy and SeaWorld's Journey t Atlantis open, now you have three parks competing for commercial time,and the publics attention, Disney will more than likely front load the commercials,so they will have less commercials than the other parks in May and early June, also, what happens if one or both of the rides gets great reviews.... This would put Disney in a hole for the Summer vacation period.....

This is one of MANY scenarios, and is playing a major factor in when ToT will officially open...