PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic

Disneygirl65
11-11-2003, 12:20 PM
How long does this show last? I was just looking at Disney's calendar and it shows Fantasmic at 9pm and the fireworks at 9:25pm... can that be right?
Thanks!

TwinGemII
11-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Yes- the calender is right.

Fantasmic starts at 9pm, runs about 20-30 minutes long, then the fireworks show at 9:30pm and sometimes, usually on weekends another Fantasmic show at 10pm.

SSoooo.....

To see both shows and get good seats, during the 9:30 fireworks show, get a seat in front of Tom Sawyers Island (you can still see the show and everyone else is in front of the castle) that way after the fireworks, you'll have great seats for Fantasmic at 10pm!!

P.S. Obvioulsy check to see if there is a 10pm Fantasmic show before you do that!!! ;)

Andrew
11-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Fantasmic runs about 25 minutes. The Believe... fireworks audio is then piped through the Fantasmic sound system, providing an excellent viewing location for the fireworks show.

Disneygirl65
11-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Wow, you are fast.
There is no 10 pm show for Fantasmic that night ( Sun 12-7 ) we do have preferred seating down by the river for the Fantasmic show. I wonder if you can see the fireworks from those seats?

TwinGemII
11-11-2003, 12:44 PM
You can see the fireworks anywhere from that area!! Of course the visuals are made to see it in front of the castle, but you still should get a great show from where you'll be!

:D

Andrew
11-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Disneygirl65
we do have preferred seating down by the river for the Fantasmic show. I wonder if you can see the fireworks from those seats?

You should have a terrific view of the fireworks from the reserved seating location--it's on the New Orleans Square side of the F! viewing area, so you will be looking towards the launch area behind ToonTown. The additional fireworks from the Castle may be out of view behind trees and you probably won't be able to see Tinkerbell's flight.
If you have more than one night in the park, try to see Believe from another location the second night, so you can see everything. The plaza in front of it's a small world is an excellent location that usually doesn't get too crowded.

Disneygirl65
11-11-2003, 12:47 PM
But no snow ?

TwinGemII
11-11-2003, 01:08 PM
It should snow where you are going to be seated!!

A friend of mine went this last weekend and said it was snowing it that area...it was her first time experiencing that too!!!

Laffite
11-11-2003, 01:24 PM
It snows in New Orleans, only at Disneyland though.

Disneygirl65
11-11-2003, 01:38 PM
it does? how cool is that...... thank you for the info.........

AlanaP
11-11-2003, 03:14 PM
You wont miss Tinkerbell either, as she doesnt fly during the Christmas show.

bandboy1985
11-11-2003, 03:22 PM
that's right, she doesn't fly in holiday believe. a large group around me questioned that fact after the snow ended- they didn't think the show was over because they hadn't seen tinkerbell. and these were clearly educated, intelligent folks. i politely explained that she isn't present in holiday believe, and some guy mentioned laughingly he thought it was "bad juju or something not to have tinkerbell fly".

bad juju? hehe!

Darkbeer
11-11-2003, 04:43 PM
If there are two shows, the second show is at 10:30 PM (usually).

As for the Snow, the two light towers that are raised in the New Orleans area have the snow machines. (The Frontierland or east tower does not offer snow).

The best view of the Fireworks in the area is near the Main , or middle tower, as you get closer to Critter Country the trees around Tom Sawyer Island block some of the fireworks.

But the snow effect is much better on Main Street, I recommend somewhere near the Penny Arcade, in the middle of the street. More snow machines and better lighting gives the effect a better delivery.