PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to AP from Ticket + Coke Discount

disneylandia
11-11-2003, 10:24 AM
I have 1 day left on the So Cal "buy 1 park get 1 free*" ticket I need to use this weekend. I'd like to upgrade to an annual pass, and was hoping I could use the $20 off Coke coupon together with my ticket towards the purchase price of an AP.

Anybody have any ideas if they'll do this? I'm hoping they will, or I can't afford the AP yet.

*or whatever it's official name is

SoCalDisneyLover
11-11-2003, 12:12 PM
I had called to ask that exact question, and was told that you can only use the coupon on a Brand New AP purchase, and that you Could Not get the discount if you're upgrading from a Hopper Pass...OR upgrading an existing AP(i.e. From Deluxe To Premium). Thus, it probably won't work.

skippy
11-12-2003, 09:39 PM
This is my first post... Just Monday the 10th I upgraded a 5 for 3 park hopper to a premium annual pass and used the coke coupon. All we did was ask when we went to upgrade and they said they didn't see why not. Hope this helps!

disneylandia
11-13-2003, 05:26 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the info.

AllisinWunderland
11-13-2003, 05:54 AM
Hey Skippy,
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me if you took your Hopper to the front ticket booths for this or inside the park?

junglejoy
11-14-2003, 05:31 PM
I'm at Disneyland right now and want to upgrade to the annual pass. Does anyone know where the nearest store to Disneyland is that sells the Coke with the coupons? We're at HoJo's. :)

Thanks!

Darkbeer
11-14-2003, 07:18 PM
I would go to the 7-11 on Harbor and Katella (down the street (south). You are looking for specially marked 2-Liter or 12 packs of Coke and Diet Coke.

If you want to be sure, I know the Food4Less on Katellla, about one mile west of the DLR has the specially marked items. You would need a cab though....

skippy
11-15-2003, 01:45 PM
Sorry it took so long for a reply... we asked at information outside the park and they told us just to go inside to the plaza pavillion and ask them when we upgraded. Good Luck!:)

AllisinWunderland
11-15-2003, 03:19 PM
It's definitely worth trying! :)

junglejoy
11-16-2003, 11:17 AM
We went to the Food 4 Less on Katella. Very nice to know that's there by the way... So for $5 we saved $80 on our family's annual passes. I'm so excited! We have never been annual pass holders before. So thanks for the heads up everyone and Darkbeer, thank you for letting us know about the Food 4 Less.

We tried to get the annual pass Coke discount without the coupon and the woman at the window said she wouldn't do it. She also said we needed one coupon per pass. So we bought the four coupons (thanks to Darkbeer's help) and took them to Passport Processing. The woman who served us was very unhelpful and cranky and didn't want to honor the coupons. After reading them twice she finally let us use them. I have to say after five days at the DR, this was the first unhelpful, mean, CM we ran into. Everyone else was so friendly and helpful and made us enjoy our trip so much!

So thanks Darkbeer! You helped us save $75 and now we can go back to Disneyland anytime! Of course we have a 10 hour drive to get there...