PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland releases official app for Android and iOS devices

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
08-04-2015, 11:28 AM
http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/191191-1/iOSappScreenShot.jpg

Disneyland has finally released a replacement for the Mobile Magic app that was discontinued in late 2013. The new Disneyland app for Android and iOS devices launched today, offering much of the same functionality of Mobile Magic plus some nice new features. The biggest change seems to be the ability to link your admission media to the app, allowing you to enter the park without pulling your ticket or AP from your wallet. (You still need your physical ticket to obtain FastPass)

This looks to be a step towards bringing a Disneyland version of My Disney Experience to the West coast, but using your own mobile device instead of a Magic Band.

MousePlanet will have a comprehensive review of the new app later this week, but for now here are the direct links to download the app without having to search through all 200+ "Disneyland" apps on your marketplace.

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.wdpro.dlr

iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disneyland/id1022164656?mt=8

Adrienne

yellowrosedtxn
08-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Just downloaded this! JUST in time! I will be there this weekend!!!

stan4d_steph
08-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Searching iTunes on my phone using "Disneyland" doesn't show the app. Had to use the link above.

currence
08-04-2015, 01:00 PM
If this negates the need to have a physical AP on you for admission, this would be great for sending a runner to the other park for fastpasses.

Also, anything that tells you the expiration date of the current AP is a plus.

kisstheradio
08-04-2015, 02:24 PM
I noticed in the app it says "Digital barcodes can be used for park entry on the first day of multi-day tickets." Does this mean only the first day or does it mean, as was mentioned in another thread elsewhere, as opposed to something without a barcode that would require a visit to a ticket booth? Anyone happen to know yet?

Niwel
08-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Searching iTunes on my phone using "Disneyland" doesn't show the app. Had to use the link above.

I eventually found it - but it took a lot of scrolling.

sjhanksaz
08-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Did a search on my Samsung and it was the first choice to choose from

olegc
08-04-2015, 04:09 PM
If this negates the need to have a physical AP on you for admission, this would be great for sending a runner to the other park for fastpasses.

Also, anything that tells you the expiration date of the current AP is a plus.

nope - you have to have your card for Fastpasses...

currence
08-04-2015, 05:26 PM
nope - you have to have your card for Fastpasses...

I think you misunderstand. I've had occasions where my family has all gone through the turnstyle into the park that we wanted to start in and then handed our passes to the runner to go to the other park to get Fastpasses. Typically, we did this when we started at Disneyland and wanted to get Radiator Springs Fastpasses in DCA, but it would work if the group wanted World of Color or now Fantasmic Fastpasses as well.

It seems that this system would allow the group to give their passes to the runner and separate sooner, since the passes would no longer be needed to get into the park (of course, you do still have to have used the pass for admission before you can get any FPs).

This is all theoretical for my family, as my husband and I have Premier passes which are not currently included. I did download the Ap and can see my daughter's pass & barcode.

Nightwing
08-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Only glitches are the following.

1) list Tiki as 5 minute wait. It really 12:33 show and about 3 for the pre show.
2) Wish it would store the password and username when signing in. Did this morning not now.
3) Forgot. The Blockout calendar can/cant indication is a bit hard to see.

Else cant wait to try it! ^_^

PS: Would be great in the future if purchased or going to a special event to have it displayed in the app.

goalieump413
08-04-2015, 07:53 PM
In response to the thoughts about Park admission/runner for Fastpasses; I wonder if this is a step towards Fastpass + at DL.

Tireddad
08-04-2015, 08:36 PM
This doesn't show fastpass return times or if FPs are done for the day. Not quite the Mousewait app killer....yet?

olegc
08-04-2015, 09:09 PM
If they don't improve cell coverage, or add wi-fi, in the park its not going to be so great.

Nightwing
08-04-2015, 11:23 PM
If they don't improve cell coverage, or add wi-fi, in the park its not going to be so great.

Think they have... Use to be could only do a FB post withing the first of the inside line for Star Tours. Now was almost pass the 2nd droid before loosing signal.

T-Mobile is rolling out Band 12 and at that freq penetrates bld better than the higher freq. There is at least one Cell tower having Band 12 on it rack.

candles71
08-04-2015, 11:54 PM
Interesting. When be bounced across to DL around 7PM, the cm asked if we had apple or android. Said Android was up and running but apple wasn't quite. Misunderstanding, or are that many having issues with the Apple app.
I still don't have great wifi in the park.I am picking something up in places but it wants a password.

Nightwing
08-05-2015, 06:40 AM
There is no open Wifi in the park. Thats for CM.

Nightwing
08-05-2015, 06:41 AM
Wondering if can add barcodes from special events like the Halloween event or special AP events. If so would be beyond wow!

corona
08-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Coverage, smoverage ... if there's a 15 minute wait for Peter Pan's Flight ...

candles71
08-05-2015, 08:39 AM
There is no open Wifi in the park. Thats for CM. I figured but it doesn't want a password to load the wifi (doesn't show a lock, it is open) but to use it, like opening the browser, the browser wants a password.

NickP
08-05-2015, 09:33 AM
I assume the DCA aspect will get an update at some point as far as wait times go

3Princesses1Prince
08-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Wondering if can add barcodes from special events like the Halloween event or special AP events. If so would be beyond wow!

The screen says "add your AP" so I don't know if I can add other media.

missm
08-05-2015, 11:53 AM
I noticed in the app it says "Digital barcodes can be used for park entry on the first day of multi-day tickets." Does this mean only the first day or does it mean, as was mentioned in another thread elsewhere, as opposed to something without a barcode that would require a visit to a ticket booth? Anyone happen to know yet?

I'm wondering this same thing. I downloaded the app to store my ticket for our next trip but from that wording it seems as if you can only use it on the first day. That doesn't make much sense. I had a chance to go through the app during my lunch and I like some of it and some of it seems like they didn't have a test group use it before launching. I am sure they did but the amount of scrolling, swiping, and other stuff you have to do to get places seems silly. I have Touring Plans on my phone and think I will be using that one more often. Did anyone see an area where you can store your PS confirmation numbers? I may have missed it somewhere.

Lani
08-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Hey all! I'm hip deep in reviewing this new app for our review we are running this week.

If you'd like to offer some observations, complaints, or compliments about the app, I might include it in the review!

Just make sure to send me a Pad PM or email me at lani@mouseplanet.com so I know specifically what you wanted to tell me. I don't want to just reprint/quote posts from this thread. :D

Drince88
08-05-2015, 01:13 PM
I tried to find it yesterday and couldn't locate it in the Apple App store -- today it was top of the list. Haven't looked at it yet, though - but if it doesn't handle premiers and if the coverage in the parks is spotty, not sure what it will do for me.

Roll out wi-fi before you roll out an app to be used in the parks, Disney.

Nightwing
08-05-2015, 04:31 PM
The screen says "add your AP" so I don't know if I can add other media.

Only another AP card..