PDA

View Full Version : Late January ride closures?

Aimz
11-11-2003, 07:07 AM
After already making hotel reservations for a trip to DL the week of January 26, it was announced that the Indiana Jones ride would be going down for refurb on Jan. 20. With Space Mountain and BTMRR, that would make three big things down during the time I planned my trip. And I just thought of this- what are my chances that Small World and the Haunted Mansion will also be closed in late January to remove their holiday overlay? Is it possible that so many big attractions could all be closed then? I'm just wondering if I should reschedule my trip.

cemeinke
11-11-2003, 07:53 AM
"Disneyland is closed for refurbishment. Please enjoy our other Disney Parks."

Not Afraid
11-11-2003, 07:58 AM
You can always ride Splash over and over.:~D Brrrrrrrrr,

Saratoga75
11-11-2003, 12:27 PM
Hi, Aimz. . . . i too am in the same dilema as you. . i was just beginning to plan a trip next president's day weekend (feb 04) to dland. . and noticed indiana jones is gonna be offline till april. . of coarse along with space mt, and most likely BTMRR. Obviously it is up to you whether or not to reschedule your trip. . . .I would. . . . i could not go to disneyland when so many major attractions are offline. . it just wouldnt be the same. Before i do anything with my trip i'm going to wait till early next month to see if the rehab list if modified. Indiana Jones rehab has already been moved a few times over the past year, and with the other ride closures they may once again move it. But, unfortunately if all goes as planned i may just have to wait till April. . when indie comes backonline, and crossing my fingers that the investigation and the rehab of BTMRR are completed.

Disneyfreak
11-11-2003, 12:31 PM
www.riderefurbs.com this should help you decide. Looks like these rides are down:
1. Space Mountain
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Its a Small World
4. Pinocchios Daring Journey
5. Indiana Jones Adventure
6. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkway
7. Fantasyland Theater
8. Haunted Mansion-Possible you could catch this ride open. Refurb states Jan 5th-17th which is only 12 days!!! Sounds like they could run late on this one.
9. Club 33

LOL if I were you I would reschedule.

Aimz
11-11-2003, 01:45 PM
LOL if I were you I would reschedule.

I'm beginning to think that's a good idea, too, lol. Although, like Saratoga said, I might also wait until next month and check the schedule again. It seems like I might have a chance at Haunted Mansion, but the dates could change since 12 days doesn't feel like long enough to remove the holiday overlay. And it says that Small World is supposed to open the day I am planning to go. I was bummed about Indiana Jones, but I thought that as long as I could go on the Haunted Mansion, I could deal with it. Maybe a trip in February would be a better idea. Thanks for the help!

jrad32
11-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Just don't go. Spend your vacation dollars elsewhere until Disneyland returns to some semblance of itself. I personally don't plan on going until 2005 at the earliest.

Saratoga75
11-11-2003, 04:07 PM
jrad. . . well unfortunately disneyland is not going to resemble it's oldself completely till mid to late 2005 (with the space mt reopening). . . i am not a person that goes every other weekend to DP/DCA. . but thats a long long time at least for me. . . . I would say around April 2004 things should somewhat resemble itself. Indiana Jones re-opening, hopefully Big Thunder Mountain reopening after an investigation and rehab following the terrible accident in sept, 2003. . . and the opening of Tower of Terror over at DCA. But Disneyland wont truly be the same old place till space mountain finally reopens . . sorry to say!!

jrad32
11-12-2003, 06:57 AM
I don't go every other weekend either. In fact I haven't been for 13 months. If you want to do Disney I say save up for WDW because that's where the company is spending all its money.

JosieGirl71
11-12-2003, 09:06 AM
So I checked out the ride refurb website... Are you telling me that Space Mountain will not be open until 2005? :eek: We are going in June and I assumed that BTMRR would be closed but not SM! :mad: My children have never been to DL (they are 14 and 10) and SM is one of the rides they were most excited to go on!

What to do, what to do?? :confused:

jrad32
11-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Yep, Space Mountain is closed. They are putting in a new track, and hope to have it done for the 50th.