PDA

View Full Version : Marie Osmond Doll Show

Lady in Purple
11-11-2003, 06:02 AM
On Mouseplanet update for Disneyland it says Marie is coming to show her dolls on Dec. 6th. Since my mom is a doll collector, we booked a trip for that weekend. I called Disneyland and they had no information and said it is only penciled in. Does anyone have any information on this. It would be a huge dissapointment if she didn't show.

Not Afraid
11-11-2003, 07:37 AM
I'm sure AVP got this information from Marian, MA's doll company. Charming Shoppe is one of the retailers for MO Dolls, so she has the inside scoop.:)

bluebayou
11-11-2003, 07:43 AM
Maybe she got the info like everyone else - from the tiki room doll in the pin trader shop - it states that Marie Osmond is releasing that doll that weekend.......just a thought.

AVP
11-11-2003, 09:21 AM
This event has been planned since June, and dates have been posted all over the place. Marie is expected to attend - my Marian rep is the person responsible for getting Marie to and from Disneyland that day, so I *know* she's scheduled to appear. However, EVERYTHING at Disney is subject to change w/o notice, so there are never any promises.

The event was also announced on Disney's pin trading Web site. (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/event_disneyland2358.html)
"Adora Belle" Enchanted Tiki Room Hostess Pin Trader Doll

We are pleased to announce the latest release from the "Adora Belle" Pin Trader Doll series, created in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the Enchanted Tiki Room On December 6, 2003 Doll Designer & Entertainer Marie Osmond will be on hand for a special "meet and greet" opportunity.I don't mean to dismiss the Disneyland operators, but these are the same people who knew nothing about the Annual Passholder event that had already been published in the AP newsletter. They only know what their managers tell them, and Disneyland is not known for great internal communication.

AVP

Lady in Purple
11-11-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the input, I feel better. Does anyone know what time this will start? I would like to start planning my days.

AVP
11-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Lady in Purple
Thanks for the input, I feel better. Does anyone know what time this will start? I would like to start planning my days. Disneyland opens at 8:00am that morning. Marie's meet-and-greet will probably take place between noon and 3:00.

What usually happens is that the doll is placed on sale at park opening at the Star Trader in Tomorrowland. There is always a huge line at park opening, and a mad dash back to Tomorrowland to stand in line buy the doll.

Once you buy your doll you get a voucher to pick up your doll at the Premiere Shop. (Yet another line) The vouchers are color-coded, one color per 100 dolls. 1-99 are one color, 100-199 are another, etc, etc, etc. If you are going to the meet-and-greet, you also get a voucher to return at a certain time, grouped in 30-minute intervals. (It's like a FastPass)

You can either get your doll immediately, or wait to get it at the meet-and-greet. ALL dolls are pre-signed, and Marie WILL NOT re-sign your doll, or sign another doll. They suggest that you pick up your doll before the meet-and-greet, to save time.

When you turn in your voucher at the Premiere Shop, you'll get a doll in the series that corresponds to your voucher color. (The good news is that you don't have to collect your doll immediately, the bad news is that you'll get one of the highest dolls in your series if you wait)

So, if you get there at 8:00am and pick up your doll immediately, you'll get a lower-numbered doll, and an earlier meet-and-greet time. If you get there later in the morning, you'll avoid the crowd, but you'll get a higher-numbered doll and a later meet-and-greet time. Marie's appearances tend to run long, so by 2:30 the people with the 1:30 times may still be waiting. She always stays until the line is gone, but people in those last 30 minutes may get less time with her than the early birds.

There is usually a breakfast meet with the members of the Marie's Doll Friends discussion board after they have all purchased their dolls, and before the meet-and-greet starts.

AVP

miss_sonja
11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know where the meet & greet will be? We'll be there that weekend and, well, would prefer to avoid any extra crowds.

I'm glad there's a Tiki room doll--any publicity it gets is a good thing!

Lady in Purple
11-12-2003, 08:00 AM
Very helpful information, thank you! Does anyone know an estimate for the price of the doll?