PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland work.

Darkbeer
09-17-2001, 06:12 AM
They have blocked off a good portion of Fantasyland (The area including the Tea Cups..) to the point that you can't walk from Dumbo to It's a Small World, you must leave the area thru the castle, then walk back... what are they doing, replacing the sidewalk like Frontierland???

JRob2k1
09-17-2001, 12:31 PM
Al Lutz said in a past update that little by little, there will be repaving projects throughout the park and i believe this is one of the first ones...Plus they are doing some minor rehabs of the Teacups and Alice.

Napsto
09-17-2001, 03:57 PM
i am glad that management is working on this little stuff now, ya know. taking the time o get everythign good.

Lost Boy
09-17-2001, 09:29 PM
I was there on Sunday and also noticed that the Matterhorn is down again with walls up around.
More improtant is that all the trees down the center of Adventureland are GONE!!! No shade anymore. Just big ugly wooden walls around where the trees used to be. Does anybody have reliable information on whether they are relacing them or are they just gone!! Adventureland was so barren looking without them and very hot.

thamnarestan
09-18-2001, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
More improtant is that all the trees down the center of Adventureland are GONE!!! No shade anymore. Just big ugly wooden walls around where the trees used to be. Does anybody have reliable information on whether they are relacing them or are they just gone!! Adventureland was so barren looking without them and very hot.

The shade was nice but those trees always created, along with the hordes of people waiting for their Indy Fastpass time, such a huge traffic jam. I hope they're working on a way to alleviate the congestion, without giving up too much shade.