PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Time at Disneyland Dates?

Mattheresa
07-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Hi all,
We are trying to plan a trip down to DL this holiday season and am wondering if and when they announce the holiday dates for this year? How different are they from year to year? Any ideas if they'll keep the 60th parades/fireworks/World of Color versions or will they switch to holiday versions? I've tried searching but haven't found anything and was hoping to book this soon.
Thanks!

candles71
07-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Holidays at DL usually start on the Friday after/near Veteren's Day (Nov 11) and continue to the Monday after New Years.
They have already said they would continue Paint the Night. They haven't specified whether they will do the holiday parade during the day or keep Soundsational.

3Princesses1Prince
07-15-2015, 11:47 AM
I "think" the holiday parade will be during the day. They've also said the 60th fireworks will be showing during the holiday season this year. I'm not sure about WOC

tinkerbell24
10-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Does anyone think or know what to expect for Christmas time at Disneyland? Is it true that Christmas time will start on November 21?

cstephens
10-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Does anyone think or know what to expect for Christmas time at Disneyland? Is it true that Christmas time will start on November 21?

The holiday period actually starts on November 13. What do you mean by "what to expect"? It'll be busy, that's for sure.

olegc
10-29-2015, 01:20 PM
The holiday period actually starts on November 13. What do you mean by "what to expect"? It'll be busy, that's for sure.

yup - that's what was in the park's blog announcement in September. All the shows will start that day. WoC will be 2 shows - the new one and Winter dreams (one each on each night). No Believe Xmas fireworks -Dland forever instead. You will see decorations earlier than that but the entertainment starts on the 13th.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/09/holidays-at-the-disneyland-resort-shows-and-attractions-join-paint-the-night-parade-disneyland-forever-fireworks-and-more/

and as cstephens said - Crowds with be even bigger than ever before. Thats why during Thanksgiving week they have doubled up on entertainment schedules.

3Princesses1Prince
10-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Also I believe the Xmas parade will show during the day and the paint the night will show in the evening.

Malcon10t
10-29-2015, 07:16 PM
First showing of WOC will be Winter Dreams, while the second showing will be the 60th version.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
10-29-2015, 08:06 PM
I wonder how they will do the Holiday Tour this year? They usually have seating for the Christmas parade at the end of the tour. We've always done the later of the 2 tour times so we can see the parade after dark.

tea4two
10-29-2015, 09:47 PM
If you look on the DL website, the times for the Holiday Time at DL tour are early. The first tour leaves around 10am or 11am (times changed according to which date I punched in) and the second tour leaves around 12:45pm or 2pm. This leads me to believe that there won't be any nighttime parade viewing with the tour this year.

stan4d_steph
10-30-2015, 09:00 AM
I wonder how they will do the Holiday Tour this year? They usually have seating for the Christmas parade at the end of the tour. We've always done the later of the 2 tour times so we can see the parade after dark.Paint the Night will still be shown, so the Christmas parade won't have a nighttime showing.

tinkerbell24
11-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Will Sleeping beauty castle have the snow on top of it or will they leave it due to the 60th anniversary?

tlovesdis
11-05-2015, 02:07 PM
The castle will not be decorated for the holidays. They are leaving it done up with the 60th decorations. The Christmas parade is being shown during the day and PTN at night. The fireworks are the Disneyland Forever version, not the holiday version. Most all of the other decorations will be the same, except I read that the garlands will not be strung across Main Street because the PTN floats are too tall.

Hope this helps!

tinkerbell24
11-06-2015, 08:35 AM
Awww the garlands look the best down main street.

queenbetsey
11-07-2015, 05:20 PM
wow, is it just me or does it seem like Disney is only half heartedly doing Christmas this year. don't get me wrong love the new parade and fireworks but there is just something so wonderful about the holiday decorations and shows and the "snowfall"

olegc
11-07-2015, 05:34 PM
wow, is it just me or does it seem like Disney is only half heartedly doing Christmas this year. don't get me wrong love the new parade and fireworks but there is just something so wonderful about the holiday decorations and shows and the "snowfall"

when you spend a lot of money to create new entertainment, and its drawing the crowds like it is, you don't abandon it - you look for a way to keep it around. As many have said here - $$ is king - and if the crowds keep coming, that's a signal that they can continue.

cstephens
11-07-2015, 10:06 PM

It's not half-hearted in that they don't care. The 60th stuff has only been going on for about 6 months and lots of people haven't seen it since they might only visit once a year. I know some people aren't happy about not having the holiday fireworks but I'm sure a lot of people are thrilled that they'll get to see the new fireworks.

MadasaHatter
11-10-2015, 12:11 PM
It is ever changing at Disneyland but Christmas seems to still be present. I cannot imagine that the PAINT THE NIGHT PARADE will be ever present so the decorations may always be like they are now. It seems like the garland has/is being placed on the buildings of Main St. and it is very nice. The castle looks very Christmassy with the 60th decorations and the wreath on it matches it...

I think the snow effect in the fireworks was on purpose to have snow at Christmastime. I would wager a simpler fireworks show will replace what is going on now after the 60th....it is pretty gigantic and worthy of a 60th celebration. The park is indeed in a big transition with STAR WARS land upon us. We will just have to ride the wave. Always changing. Very exciting. And I'm not even a gigantic STAR WARS fan but do enjoy it.

tinkerbell24
11-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know if after the fireworks they let the snow fall?

3Princesses1Prince
11-16-2015, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know if after the fireworks they let the snow fall?

Snow is during the 60th show.

tea4two
11-16-2015, 10:58 PM
Yes, during the Frozen segment of DF.

tinkerbell24
11-17-2015, 08:45 AM
what I mean in the past years because the Christmas fireworks were being shown after the fireworks they would let the snow drop on mainstreet and close to the castle.

tlovesdis
11-17-2015, 10:13 AM
There is only snow during the Frozen part of the fireworks show, not at the end like during the holiday fireworks.

tea4two
11-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Exactly. No "White Christmas" and snow after the fireworks this year because the fireworks show is the 60th "Disneyland Forever," not "Believe in Holiday Magic."

3Princesses1Prince
12-08-2015, 04:28 PM
Last year the Redwood Creek Trail had an elf training course during the holidays. Is that back? My kids loved it and are asking.