PDA

View Full Version : Why DL is 'over'crowded?

Doodle Duck
11-09-2003, 08:18 AM
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/main/index.htm

See Nov. 4th "The Elephant In The Theme Park"

Don't miss this well written piece over at Jim Hill's site. The Elephant is obvious to all but...

MickeyLumbo
11-09-2003, 09:29 AM
thank you for that link, doodle.

it is a sad read.:crying:

i didn't catch a glimmer of hope that things will ever improve with capacity issues.

there are many folks, myself included, that avoid the park because of the overcrowding. my last visit, it occured to me that there are serious safety issues related to the "traffic jams" i encountered... in the OFF-SEASON!

i would really enjoy going to Disneyland during the holidays because i remember such wonderful trips in the past. but, common sense tells me the crowds will be unbearable for me.

i am sad about that.

Freerider127
11-09-2003, 10:02 AM
The crowds yesterday were pretty big im talking 2 hour standby for Splash easy hour for Indy, I think its probably because of veterans day with the extra holiday for people.

sleepyjeff
11-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Solution: Announce that Disneyland will be spending huge amounts of $$$ to improve the Resort. Stocks will fall dramatically upon the anouncement.........but once all the short term investors are gone, long term investors will return. The stock will rebound( slowly), and in the medium term, Disney will be ok. Long term Disney, and Disneyland will ( under good stewardship ) return to former glories:)

Too bad no one on the board has the guts to do this( a shame really, cause ultimately it is in there best interest ).

One man's opinion:)

wdtv
11-09-2003, 05:14 PM
I think they should create an AP with a ten or 20 day limit. It'd still be more than worth it; and they'd still have a way to keep their "bread and butter."

sleepyjeff
11-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by wdtv
I think they should create an AP with a ten or 20 day limit. It'd still be more than worth it; and they'd still have a way to keep their "bread and butter."

That's a great idea: They could even use some sort of point system in which if you went "off season" you could visit more.

Maybe:

500 point card (good for 18 months) for $350.00

DISNEYLAND [HOLIDAYS].................100 POINTS
DISNEYLAND [PEAK SEASON].............75 POINTS
DISNEYLAND [REGULAR SEASON].......45 POINTS
DISNEYLAND [VALUE SEASON]...........30 POINTS

DCA [HOLIDAYS]................................50 POINTS
DCA [PEAK SEASON]..........................40 POINTS
DCA [REGULAR SEASON]....................30 POINTS
DCA [VALUE SEASON]........................20 POINTS

PARKING [HOLIDAYS/PEAK].................3 POINTS
PARKING [ REGULAR SEASON].............2 POINTS
PARKING [VALUE SEASON]..................1 POINT

Entrance into DL would include a pass to hop to DCA/ but not viceversa.

Addl. points could be purchased in 100 point blocks( so long as they are still used in the 18 month time frame ) for $50.00 per block.

That means if you stuck with value season you could visit 16 times(including parking). And if you were going only to DCA some of those times.........your number of visits could climb even higher.

That should un-crowd the park a bit without losing too many ap sales. :)

wdtv
11-09-2003, 06:18 PM
And still keep the AP's happy w/out going the easy route, which would be doing away with the thing alltogether.

And now that I think of it, getting rid of the pass would be terrible for DCA. That place already relies very heavily on AP's.

screamin4ever
11-09-2003, 06:35 PM
If they elimated the APs and nobody, or very few went to DCA what do you think they would do? Close it or fix it?

Perhaps suspending AP's, FastPasses, etc. for one year as a test would be enlightening to them. Or they could keep on doing what they're doing wondering why it still isn't working.

Do they need a copy of "Who moved my Cheese?" I'm sure someone has a copy collecting dust in TDA.

wdtv
11-09-2003, 06:45 PM
If TOT doesn't work in the longterm, what you're suggesting is also good; something that never occured to me. IMO, Paradise Pier should be re-themed and re-named; that area is, I think, the main reason for DCA's troubles.