PDA

View Full Version : Does Disneyland own the DCA property?

TTFN92
06-25-2015, 02:10 PM
My BIL was telling me that Disney has never owned the land that used to be the parking lot and are still renting it from the family that originally owned it. I'm just wondering how accurate that is. I've just never heard this.

oregontraveler
06-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Disneyland has changed considerably in the last 60 years. In all, they have over 500 acres including the 3 hotels, DtD and the many parking lots.
Only 49 of these acres are under a long term lease with the original owners. So the main M&F parking structure might be part of that lot, but not really sure.

If Walt had more access to money, he would have bought more outlying land to put the park in more of a 'bubble' However, he was able to get his way with the opening of Walt Disney World in 1971, which is encompassed with Disney hotels & infrastructure.

TTFN92
06-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Interesting. It would be interesting to know how their lease works. They probably will never want to sell it to Disney now. What a nice, steady income.

candles71
06-26-2015, 07:40 AM
Wasn't there a news story a few months ago, that Disney had bought the last piece from the family?