PDA

View Full Version : Lilly Belle Railroad Car

Marox3
06-23-2015, 08:54 PM
I can't remember if this changed, but does anyone know if you could ask about riding the Lilly Belle? I found an article that it was closed to the public and only for Club 33 guests.

Thanks

oregontraveler
06-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Either check at the Main Street station or City Hall.

carolinakid
06-24-2015, 07:00 AM
I heard it was now closed to the general public due to vandalism. We got to ride in it on a tour back in 2007. It's absolutely charming. But even then I can remember people putting their hands on everything.

MidwayManiac
06-24-2015, 07:57 AM
About a month back the conductor told me if you show up at Main Street Station first thing in the morning, you have a chance to book a ride on it. Good luck.

MadasaHatter
06-24-2015, 08:53 AM
I rode it twice this year. I couldn't say for sure but I brought my pal and her mother on it in April. It sells out almost immediately first thing in the morning and they usually do two trips. If it rains they cancel. IF a VIP is in the park they may not do a public tour and they also not do it in extreme heat so I would guess that in the summer months they do it early and maybe only once. It is very cool.

Two people can also ride on the engine if you ask but this is a gamble. Every 3 trips they have to refill the engine with water at NOS station so you cannot ride on that train. They also have no reservations so you must sit and wait in the station for a ride and hope the Engineers allow it. I would also guess that in the summer months they don't do this much during the day as it is a rather hot ride. Definitely for the hardcore train lovers. IT is hot and loud but really really cool.

candles71
06-24-2015, 09:48 AM
The Tender ride- they can say no for any reason. It is up to the engineer. When I asked for our son several years ago, they were training in the morning and was told to check back after a certain time. When we came back and asked, someone was already waiting. He agreed to let DS join him, DS was 15 or so, so I was comfortable with that.
Lilly Belle was just for club members for a time. Yes because of vandalism, as well as the general public being rude and demanding regarding riding it. They are allowing other riders again, but like others have said, it is very limited.
In both cases, you board at Main Street and have to ride all the way around.

carolinakid
06-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Thanks for clarifying! I knew I had heard some of that.

smd4
06-27-2015, 07:39 AM
Two people can also ride on the engine if you ask...Definitely for the hardcore train lovers. IT is hot and loud but really really cool.I agree! Riding in the showpiece Lilly Belle, with everything glued or nailed down, is nice, but up front is where the real action is!

disneyis4us
07-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Would love to do this on our next visit! Do I just go to the City Hall and reserve a time? How does this exactly work? Interested in both the tender ride and the Lilly Belle.

candles71
07-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Tender I know you ask at Main street station, and there is a laundry list of reasons they can say no.

Grr, it is supposed to be 90 degrees all next week, what are the chances the Lillybelle will even be out?

Malcon10t
07-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Would love to do this on our next visit! Do I just go to the City Hall and reserve a time? How does this exactly work? Interested in both the tender ride and the Lilly Belle.If the Lilly Belle is available, they usually do 2 runs. Each run will accommodate about 12 people. I don't know if the current sign up is at City Hall or the train station. Times of the runs are approx 1230 and 1pm. They will tell you if any seats are available.

If it rains, if it looks like it might rain, if it rained earlier, if there was a lot of dew in the am, or if it is over 85 degrees, they usually cancel the rides.

disneyis4us
08-03-2015, 09:12 AM
If the Lilly Belle is available, they usually do 2 runs. Each run will accommodate about 12 people. I don't know if the current sign up is at City Hall or the train station. Times of the runs are approx 1230 and 1pm. They will tell you if any seats are available.

If it rains, if it looks like it might rain, if it rained earlier, if there was a lot of dew in the am, or if it is over 85 degrees, they usually cancel the rides.

Thank you! We will give it a try on our upcoming visit. :)

abkb76
08-03-2015, 11:18 AM
To reserve a space on the Lilly Belle, you go to the Main Street train station and speak to one of the CMs at the entrance. I would recommend, if you want to increase your chances of securing a spot, to arrive before park opening, as the list fills up very quickly.
It is a really fun experience and I'm glad I've been able to check it off of my Disney bucket list! : )