PDA

View Full Version : DUH Is Hilarious!

GoldenEars
11-07-2003, 09:49 PM
I was at DCA on Wednesday and heard some activity going on over where Beach Party Blast was in Hollywood. I came across 4 people (2 guys, 2 gals) on stage doing some wild improvisations and having the audience rolling in laughter!

I got there for the last 15 minutes of the show and I loved what I was watching...they were absolutely hilarious! I stayed around for the 4pm show to see the entire performance and had just as much fun.

I was talking with the sound tech guy later and he said this group would be performing each day while *Aladdin* was down for rehab, and if it gets good feedback, it'll stay around. And so far (according to the tech), it's had a very positive response!

If anyone has seen and enjoys watching *Who's Line Is It Anyway?* with Drew Carey, then you'll know exactly what this show is about. It performs about 6 times each day, with the last performance at 5pm. It's not listed (yet) in the Disney program, but I have a feeling it'll be in there soon.

If any of you MousePad readers get the chance, go check it out and let me know what you think. The friend I was with that day was called up to *help* with one of their acts. He was given a microphone and was told to create all the sound effects to what they were saying...and I was rolling in laughter, it was great!

There's no flashy sets or props on stage, but then again, you don't need it. Seeing what they do, and doing it so well, makes it worth the 30 minutes you're there!

GO SEE IT AND SUPPORT IT!!

Patrick

Andrew
11-07-2003, 09:56 PM
MousePlanet reported (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr030825.htm) on DUH (which expands to "Department of Untapped Hilarity") in our August 25th DLR update.

http://www.mpimages.net/dlr/compressed/DCA/Hollywood_Pictures_Backlot/DeptHillarity-AVP.jpg
A new show has appeared at DCA. Called the Department of Untapped Hilarity, the show takes place on the stage recently abandoned by Goofy's Beach Party Bash. It's an improv-type show, where four “studio employees” get to show their stuff.

MonorailMan
11-07-2003, 10:01 PM
I also enjoy DUH.

However, it makes me miss Who's Line even more...

RStar
11-07-2003, 10:10 PM
Well, I don't know if I'd call that a report (no offense, but I'd call it a mention), as I read it and it got lost in the "Lucky" affair. I'd forgotten all about it.

Thanks for the details DsneNut, we loved Whose Line (yes MM, we miss it too!). Now that I know what it is I want to go see it! If I can't have [new] Whose Line, this sounds like it will be a good replacement.

Polar33
11-08-2003, 01:34 AM
The group has actually been performing at DCA for quite some time. Previously they were over in Condor Flats doing a similar improv routine under the same name. Before that they were performing a bit different of an improv routine under the name of "The Wrong Brothers". They came in at around the same time the acapella singing group Vocal Flight departed DCA.

Their act as "The Wrong Brothers" was awful in my opinion, but they are much better now.

gliterrboy
11-08-2003, 06:57 AM
They have been around a while as DUH. They may be running it 7 days a week while Aladdin is down, but regardless of the feedback they will at least still run Fri, Sat, and Sun. They are really hysterical!!! So check them out if you can!

mousey_girl
11-08-2003, 08:34 AM
I find them highly annoying and extremly loud. When they were in the Condor Flats area it was impossible to get around them, and the auditory assault was horrendous. Maybe now that they are confined to a stage they may be easier to contain. I just didn't find them funny, although I do give them props for preforming in public.

RStar
11-10-2003, 10:05 AM
I suppose it isn't your cup of tea, no?

DJ_MENTOS
11-10-2003, 10:33 AM
In my opinion it's about time that they got their own venue/stage, especially since it wasnt being used.

BTW, DUH is in the Disney program and has been in it for a while. They usually only perform on Fridays and Saturday's.

If you haven't seen them, do yourself a favor and go watch them.