PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! Third Showing?

danyoung
06-17-2015, 06:30 AM
So I'm looking on the Disneyland calendar for my upcoming visit in July, and it shows 2 F! shows on the 17th and 18th. I'm thinking those are gonna be stupidly crowded days, and there oughtta be a 3rd show. Does anyone know if Disney puts a third show on the calendar, or does it just happen? Seeing a third show is the only way I'll be able to get my favorite spot that I've been enjoying for 20 years. With the new FP system, there's just no way I'll be able to score this spot, but a third show doesn't use FP.

Malcon10t
06-17-2015, 07:08 AM
So I'm looking on the Disneyland calendar for my upcoming visit in July, and it shows 2 F! shows on the 17th and 18th. I'm thinking those are gonna be stupidly crowded days, and there oughtta be a 3rd show. Does anyone know if Disney puts a third show on the calendar, or does it just happen? Seeing a third show is the only way I'll be able to get my favorite spot that I've been enjoying for 20 years. With the new FP system, there's just no way I'll be able to score this spot, but a third show doesn't use FP.With the exception of New Years Eve, I have never seen the 3rd show on the calendar. It always "just happens". It is usually announced on Main Street early in the day. And yes, your favorite spot is now a FP spot. Good luck.

danyoung
06-17-2015, 07:40 AM
Thanks for that info. I feel better about planning for a third show.

spectromen
06-17-2015, 10:20 AM
With it being the oldest offering at DL these days I'd say the chances are slim. If anything they'd just add more WoCs and maybe an extra parade.

NickP
06-17-2015, 10:29 AM
I'll be there on the same days so this is good info to have. From what I have read about the third showings in the past weekends, especially during the busy summer, are prime times for a potential third showing.

olegc
06-17-2015, 11:47 AM
well, on most long days, Parades are at 845pm and 11pm. Fantasmic is at 9pm and 1030pm, and Fireworks is a 930pm. So unless they do fantasmic at 1140pm there is not a lot of room to fit in a third show into the operating day given that the parade is going on as well. It could happen - but it seems like a very slim chance.

Malcon10t
06-17-2015, 04:47 PM
3rd Fantasmics! are usually at 1130p if I remember right.

olegc
06-17-2015, 10:19 PM
3rd Fantasmics! are usually at 1130p if I remember right.

but that was when there was no 11pm night parade, right?

cstephens
06-18-2015, 12:09 AM
but that was when there was no 11pm night parade, right?

But they don't impact each other, so not really sure why that matters. And, not trying to be picky, but in case it matters if this is a timing discussion, the first night parade is at 8:50 and the second Fantasmic is at 10:45.

olegc
06-18-2015, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the correction

danyoung
07-06-2015, 11:47 AM
One more question - when they do decide to do a third show, as they probably will on July 17th, how does the average person find out about it?

oregontraveler
07-06-2015, 12:20 PM
You might check the reader board outside the Jolly Holiday bakery. At least a CM there might be able to get info. I'm not sure when they make that call or when they make announcements.

experiment626
07-07-2015, 06:18 AM
I swear there was a third fantasmic on the calendar/schedule on 7/17/05.

danyoung
07-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Not on the DL website calendar that I'm looking at - just the 2.

LacyBelle
07-22-2015, 10:35 AM
I have a question for Dan on his trip last week (or whomever may be able to assist)....
It seems we have the same preferred viewing spot for Fantasmic!

I've seen conflicting information on the FP color for that central light tower area.
Is that section yellow or blue?
Is my research correct in that FPs are issued yellow, green, then blue?

Thanks!

danyoung
07-22-2015, 11:03 AM
Sorry, can't help you on that. I never made it to F! this trip. I had a FP for the Blue section, but I don't really know where that is.

oregontraveler
07-22-2015, 12:26 PM
I have a question for Dan on his trip last week (or whomever may be able to assist)....
It seems we have the same preferred viewing spot for Fantasmic!

I've seen conflicting information on the FP color for that central light tower area.
Is that section yellow or blue?
Is my research correct in that FPs are issued yellow, green, then blue?

Thanks!

I was there on July 17th. They opened gates at 7am, but I didn't get there until after 9am. After picking up FP's for BTMR, I also grabbed a F! too. It was in Yellow, which is right across from the Golden Horseshoe. While it was nice to see the 3 Princess floats & the Columbia/Mark Twain right in front of me. I could not see the stage very well. Afterwards, the trees towards the Castle were in the way and dose not give a good view for the fireworks. ( I ended seeing what I could along the Big Thunder Trail)

Not sure if any of this helps, but it would appear the best zones to see both F! and the fireworks are on the other side, near NOS & Haunted Mansion. Whether you have to pay for that with the dining package, well I don't know anything about that either.