PDA

View Full Version : Believe Holiday Fireworks were almost delayed

cryan71
11-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Just got back from the park, and in talking to a manager I found out that they almost delayed the bringing back of the Holiday fireworks by 3 weeks.

The reason: The fires of So Cal -- and all the dry weather. Didn't seem right to Disneyland while there were huge fires. Luckily cooler heads prevailed.

Not Afraid
11-06-2003, 09:26 PM
I still have the feeling that they won't happen tomorrow. However, I don't trust my instinct enough to not go to DL.:rolleyes:

bandboy1985
11-06-2003, 09:38 PM
that's very sensitive of them. but i think most of the public sees the difference between raging wildfires set by a hunter in distress and a holiday fireworks celebration, right?

anyway- yay for holiday believe!

last year, we came down the first weekend the tree was up, and saw the fireworks. i was so taken with the music, i bought it and choreographed out the color guard's holiday program to it (minus the copywritten kellie coffey vocal sections!).

incidentally, we can see the fireworks from the top (5th floor) of our university parking garage. fortunately i brought the cd down from home, so we'll get the whole show, if not the desired effect!

i just hope they didn't re-edit the music this year... that would be difficult to explain. :eek:

cryan71
11-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Oh the tree has some really cool looking Santa's on it this year. Well, since I just got invited to a birthday party at Disneyland for tonight, I guess I have to come back tonight.