PDA

View Full Version : The Adventureland Restrooms are going to be refurbed

Darkbeer
11-06-2003, 12:54 PM
Just saw the latest refurb schedule posted by Driftwood over at MouseInfo.com

http://www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?t=11683

I found it interesting to see that some of the most popular (and one of the oldest) restrooms are finally going to get a major fix-up from February 2nd thru March 27th. Sounds like they are going to gut the restrooms and totally rebuild them.

fairytalelover
11-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Thank God. They stink!

newhdplayer
11-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Are they going to be painted white?

cemeinke
11-06-2003, 01:15 PM
But they were perfectly themed for the "Bathrooms of Doom" - I swear I felt like I was in a third world county everytime I went there.

Gemini Cricket
11-06-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm glad they're re-doing that bathroom area. The bathroom itself was/is too narrow. Even the stalls were too narrow. I noticed that when I was using the stall in there, there was no way not to brush up against the bowl when you're closing the door. Yuk.

See, I remember weird things like that.

:D

Not Afraid
11-06-2003, 01:53 PM
As much as I hate those restrooms, they are centrally located, and, at times, that is important.

Go to the AL RR. Ooops, it's closed. Go to the Zocalo RR. Only 6 stalls. Hike to Main St, NOS (also stinkey), HB or Plaza Gardens. Poor little kids. There's gonna be some accidents.:eek:

fairytalelover
11-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
But they were perfectly themed for the "Bathrooms of Doom" - I swear I felt like I was in a third world county everytime I went there.

Yes I was surprised not to see Turkish toilets in there with the chain flush.

adriennek
11-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Well, they were already automatic flush toilets, so they've been refurbed more recently than other DLR restrooms (but I'm not going to remind Disney which potties still flush the old fashioned way- too many parents depend on them...)

Adrienne

adriennek
11-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by fairytalelover
Thank God. They stink!

I kinda doubt the refurb will "cure" that forever. The smell factor seems to be about which bathrooms are used more often. All the bathrooms are on the same cleaning schedule. The potties in Aladdin's Oasis get cleaned as often as any other restroom in the resort, but the traffic is much lighter, hence, much less stink.

Adrienne

sediment
11-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Well, you know.... oh, nevermind: you know how I can relate this issue!

Since I know where these restrooms are, by heart, I'm guessing that many people know where they are. These, the Fantasyland ones, and the Main Street ones right before I leave. The others I'd have to ask for. Or I just check the specific web page here before I take my trip.
(Actually, I had a little problem with my son at WDW-MK: I had no idea where the nearest restroom was for, an emergency. And since it was after closing, we couldn't find a CM! Found one, found the restroom, and we were all relieved.)

cemeinke
11-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by adriennek
I kinda doubt the refurb will "cure" that forever. The smell factor seems to be about which bathrooms are used more often.

I blame the Asparagus at the Bengal BBQ

Gandalf
11-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Glad to see they are working this during the off months. The schedule didn't mention the possible move of the pin trading place in Tomorrowland over to Frontierland. Overheard the pintraders worried about the move. They want the Plaza pavilion to be the new pin place. I had always hoped that Disney would someday expand into that area for a nostalgic Tiki Room eatery.

Darkbeer
11-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Heck, they should move the Pin Traders over to DCA,there is plenty of room near SSL..

If they keep them in Disneyland, the Big Thunder Trail is a good place for them, or maybe the Carnation Plaza area.....

But not the Plaza Pavillion.....

CoasterMatt
11-06-2003, 07:23 PM
The sub lagoon would make a great place for the pin traders...

Darkbeer
11-06-2003, 08:10 PM
Matt, we think alike... but I didn't post it....;) :p :fez:

DisneyFan25863
11-06-2003, 09:28 PM
It's kinda sad to think that a Disney Community like ourselves rejoyces when a bathroom is being overhauled. If we are coming to a time where even a bathroom rehab, or a stroke of paint, or even a simple wood chip being filled deserves a party, well, thats just really sad. Whatever happened to the days of a new attraction every 3 years, fresh paint all over, and bathrooms that actually are clean?

Sigh :(

cemeinke
11-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
Whatever happened to the days of a new attraction every 3 years

Hey we got Pooh
:fez:

bandboy1985
11-06-2003, 09:33 PM
i don't think it's sad that we appreciate maintenance and improvement. nothing wrong with that from where i sit.

adrienne- "potties"? hehe.

hehe! :fez:

DisneyFan25863
11-06-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Hey we got Pooh
:fez:

Yeah, but Pooh is poo :fez:

MonorailMan
11-07-2003, 03:47 AM
Bathrooms vs. Thatching on Tiki Room.

Humm. Well, the Bathrooms do get more use. :rolleyes: :|