PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Disney Marathon over Labor Day-is the parks closed for this

DaDuckFan1955
06-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Our family is/was planning a trip to DLA Sept 4-7, but saw the Disney Marathon is going on during this time and that runners run in the park. Do they run before the parks open, or is the parks closed for those days?

bumblebeeonarose
06-03-2015, 07:29 AM
The parks are open 365 days, generally. They may open later due to marathons, but they still open. Expect higher crowds.

candles71
06-03-2015, 07:29 AM
Before it opens. Then out onto the streets, if I've read things right over the years, and finishing in Downtown Disney.
Be aware the runners and their families will hit the parks, and it makes for a busier weekend, plan accordingly. :) (You are a vet park stormer, I know you know how. ;))

3Princesses1Prince
06-03-2015, 08:44 AM
Also magic mornings may be different that weekend too

stan4d_steph
06-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Our family is/was planning a trip to DLA Sept 4-7, but saw the Disney Marathon is going on during this time and that runners run in the park. Do they run before the parks open, or is the parks closed for those days?All of the races, including the half marathon, are completed before the parks open at the Disneyland Resort. There will be some road closures that could affect how you approach the parks, but they will be well marked with signs. Keep an eye on the MousePlanet Disneyland Update for that week to help you navigate.

Gone2Disneyland
06-05-2015, 08:30 AM
What stan4d_steph said, plus while you're in the park, you'll see so many guests wearing their medals they earned finishing their runs (different medals for each day: 5k on Friday, 10k on Saturday, 1/2 marathon on Sunday), that you may get excited for them too...or envious that you didn't get one too. :p

adriennek
06-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Foot traffic around DtD and the Resort hotels may be impacted as the parks open or after. The finish line runs from behind Paradise Pier to in front of the Disneyland Hotel. So if you're at the Disneyland hotel, you will see congestion early in the morning on Saturday and Sunday. But the events on Saturday should be finished by 9:00 and on Sunday by about 10:30 or earlier. They have set-ups to allow guests to cross the course, so it's not impassable, just more congested than normal.

Also, I highly recommend dining reservations Saturday and Sunday if you plan to eat at a sit down restaurant on the weekend.

olegc
06-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Also there is a pasta in the park party on Saturday night the 5th at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree area - so there may be some crowding or more traffic on the backside of Big thunder mountain. The party is scheduled for 6-730pm. I don't know how well attended these things are since I have never been.