PDA

View Full Version : Spectromen? Best Value Inn?

CanuckfromBC
11-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Hi!....I noticed on a recent post that you stayed at the Best Value Inn and Suites/Anaheim East Orange. Do you remember if they still provided a light diner selection every evening? I know they do not provide shuttle service anymore. Thanks! (You said you got this hotel on Hotwire?)

jslivinski
11-05-2003, 02:16 PM
When were stayed there in June they still had the light supper and it is listed as an amenity on the website.

spectromen
11-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Hi BC -

Yes, I do believe they still have the "light dinner" available but keep in mind, when they say light, they mean featherweight! lol. Nothing like the "manager's reception" out by the pool a la Residence Inn, where there's BBQ burgers and hot dogs, etc. We're talking coffee, tea, soda, and perhaps a few bread items. The continental breakfast is also not nearly as complete as Marriott's version. But still I'd wholeheartedly recommend this place as long as you have a car to get to DL on your own. It's just a very quick ride down Chapman Ave. to either Harbor Blvd. or Disneyland Drive. Yes, I got this on Hotwire. It was listed as a 3-star under the geographical area of "Disneyland-South". My rate was $44 and well worth it. Good luck to you and enjoy!

CanuckfromBC
11-06-2003, 03:25 PM
Thanks, spectromen for the reply. I phoned the front desk at Best Value this morning...NO more shuttle..or DINNER selections as of NOV 10/03! They are said to be scaling back their breakfast bar as well.....just so others Know, too!

spectromen
11-07-2003, 07:47 AM
Aww..that's a shame to hear. I guess it's a victim of low prices and low occupancy - which may be why Marriott decided to dump it in the first place. Sounds like it's going to cater to locals and Hotwire users - great for us, but not good for tourists who need shuttle service. This will probably lead to it's closing, I fear :(

jslivinski
11-07-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by CanuckfromBC
Thanks, spectromen for the reply. I phoned the front desk at Best Value this morning...NO more shuttle..or DINNER selections as of NOV 10/03! They are said to be scaling back their breakfast bar as well.....just so others Know, too! That's too bad about the dinners, but they were nothing to write home about (although they were better than at Anheim RI) and as long as they keep the waffle maker for breakfast I'll be happy.