PDA

View Full Version : Boo! [scary rides]

Pages : [1] 2

hobo_n
11-04-2003, 06:18 PM
What ride scared you when you where little?

I was real creaped out by the Roger Rabbit. I did not like standing in line for that ride. I kept thinking that somthing was going to pop out and grab me.

sleepyjeff
11-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Hands down it would be Sky Way to Tomorrowland( for some reason that I can't figure I didn't mind going the other direction).

Now all I have to scare me is the Sun Wheel:)

Disneyfreak
11-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Haunted Mansion...... Need I say more.:rolleyes: Especially in the stretching room.

Not Afraid
11-04-2003, 06:39 PM
None. The closest I can to being afraid was the burning section of Pirates. Bambi and I had this thing about fire.:p

Lori
11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Haunted Manion...I loved that ride, but I was afraid of it as a kid. The streching room...and seeing the guy hanging in the attic scared the living hell out of me as a kid.

DisneyFan25863
11-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountian, and Indy.

Freerider127
11-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Space Mountain and the elevator in Haunted Mansion.

Captain Josh
11-04-2003, 08:32 PM
The Matterhorn.

I had my bad experience, I still haven't gone on it, since like, 1993.

tod
11-05-2003, 07:25 AM
The old Alice In Wonderland ride. The Mad Hatter and the March Hare popping up out of that well-lit pit -- by a ledge that the ride vehicle could go right over -- used to petrify me.

Never knew why -- but I will tell you that I was very tolerant of my kids' irrational fears when they were growing up.

--T
:fez:

MotorBoat Cruiser
11-05-2003, 08:11 AM
I always feared the drops in Pirates for some reason. Maybe because it was dark and you couldn't see them coming. I loved the rest of the ride once we got past that.

Also, the ghouls that pop up from behind the tombstones in HM.

justagrrl
11-05-2003, 08:11 AM
I don't recall my own. But like many of you, my kids have a thing about the elevator in the Haunted Mansion.

My daughter also had a fear of Space Mountain - because the line area was darkened. Same thing with the line for Indy - pretty dark in places.

My son summons up his bravery when we go on Pirates - also because of the dark.

Pretty much, any ride where you have to stand in the dark. ;)

MansionMatt
11-05-2003, 09:09 AM
i was terrified by the train coming at me in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. to the point where I screamed like a banshee! it still makes me a bit nervous...

but it's not really a train. right? RIGHT?!?!

golfgreg74
11-05-2003, 11:51 AM
Matterhorn hands down. When I was little, I used to think that the abominable snowman was going to get me.

Rallymonkey23
11-05-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff
Sky Way to Tomorrowland( for some reason that I can't figure I didn't mind going the other direction).

Maybe you saw into the "future". ;) :fez:

Pirates; the Fort Battle scene. The cannonballs 'splashing' into the water made me jump every time.

efoxx
11-05-2003, 04:17 PM
boy seeing responses like splash makes me feel old.

when I was little (early sixties) it was definatly Matterhorn, then when pirates opened it was also that, both because of the drops.

in those ticket taking days I would wait in line with my dad right up until the tickets were taken, then I would chicken out. finally when I was like 5 or 6 when I suddenly found myself past the ticket booth. I started to chicken out when my dad reminded me that I would lose a precious E ticket. so I went and I have loved coasters ever since.

enzee
11-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Matterhorn - didn't ride it until I was 28
Skyway - cried the whole way the first time I rode it
Sleeping Beauty - hello! the witch was real!

Now, it's the Sun Wheel

Will be Tower of Terror

Sad, but true

Cadaverous Pallor
11-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Nothing, really. Once you finally dragged me on, that is. I didn't ride any coasters until I was at least 10, but as soon as I rode them I was never truly scared.

Pirates more intrigued me than scared me. Invisible cannon balls? Fire that wasn't hot? Nighttime during the day? :confused: :p

As for the Mansion....just the bride. :eek: And it's not like it scared me enough to keep me off the ride, or even make me close my eyes....it was just a bit freaky.

I don't really scare easily.

But that damn Sun Wheel! :eek:

Wfoxx
11-05-2003, 06:35 PM
When pirates first opened, The talking skeleton before the first drop scared me.
The elevator room in Hm scared me. Iwould close my eyes til after the scream.

Icy Bacon
11-05-2003, 06:58 PM
Legend has it, when my parents took me to DL for the first time at the age of 3, I had terrible nightmares for months about one terrifying, catchy-soundtracked, floating boat ride of doom... more commonly known as It's a Small World.

kisroo
11-05-2003, 08:34 PM
When I was little, they used to have a CM be the knight in armor in the HM. As your doom buggy went by, sometimes the knight would "come alive"...:eek: :eek: Always scared the crud outta me and my cousin.

And Snow White...The freaking witch coming at you every corner...

I also remember not particularly liking entering Monstro's mouth on the Storybook Canal Boats.:rolleyes: :geek:

MickeyD
11-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
None. The closest I can to being afraid was the burning section of Pirates. Bambi and I had this thing about fire.:p

That was it for me too, because one of my brothers told me the fire was real. :rolleyes: :D

wosie
11-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Speaking of the Sun Wheel, I normally don't like Ferris Wheels but this one didn't scare me one bit. My 12 year old on the other hand couldn't wait to get off it (and he loves ferris wheels)...:confused:

SacTown Chronic
11-06-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Icy Bacon
Legend has it, when my parents took me to DL for the first time at the age of 3, I had terrible nightmares for months about one terrifying, catchy-soundtracked, floating boat ride of doom... more commonly known as It's a Small World.

Ha Ha Ha........

I bet you made your dad SO proud.:p

dsnylndmom
11-06-2003, 09:21 AM
The Skyway definitely the skyway. I hated that thing, still won't ride those rides. Kyler wanted to ride one of those at Great America last time we were there and I told him and dsnylndad they can ride it and I'd meet them at the other side!!!

Now days, I don't care for anything like Maliboomer(although I DUG the parachutes at Knott's even as a wee little girl)or any of those "extreme" rides where they shoot you in the air like a sling shot.

disNeytEen
11-06-2003, 07:17 PM
The Bride in Haunted Mansion always creeped me out