PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland 60th Pressed Pennies List

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tony
05-21-2015, 08:12 PM
For the 60th Anniversary, Disneyland is updating the pressed penny machines throughout the resort. 60 new penny (or other coin) designs celebrating the 60th Anniversary will be introduced. Approximate 30 will be available as of tomorrow, May 22, with the rest rolling out over the course of the celebration.

We have been told that a number of the designs will only be available for a limited time, but which designs are limited and the length of time they will be available will be announced at a future date.

A scan of the collector's brochure is posted below in PDF format.

Good hunting!

houseof4
05-21-2015, 09:22 PM
The last two pages appear to be duplicates. Looks like we ate missing tomorrowland. So excited to see this!!

Tony
05-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Not sure how that got duplicated, but I've updated the PDF and the link points to the corrected version.

houseof4
05-21-2015, 09:34 PM
It's fixed! Thank you!

MakingSmiles
05-23-2015, 07:52 AM
Thank you...I printed it and my kids are already picking which ones they want to get! I am filling mini-M&M containers with quarters and pennies so we don't have to dig for change!

Leap for Joy
05-23-2015, 09:20 AM
Are these brochures available in the parks?

candles71
05-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Leap for Joy,, we've gotten penny lists at City Hall before. I try to print them at home so the kids can mark off what they already have before we go.

Nightwing
05-23-2015, 09:09 PM
For the 60th Anniversary, Disneyland is updating the pressed penny machines throughout the resort. 60 new penny (or other coin) designs celebrating the 60th Anniversary will be introduced. Approximate 30 will be available as of tomorrow, May 22, with the rest rolling out over the course of the celebration.

We have been told that a number of the designs will only be available for a limited time, but which designs are limited and the length of time they will be available will be announced at a future date.

A scan of the collector's brochure is posted below in PDF format.

Good hunting!

Thank you!!!!

lifeisgood
05-25-2015, 05:21 PM
Leap for Joy,, we've gotten penny lists at City Hall before. I try to print them at home so the kids can mark off what they already have before we go.

You can pick up the brochures in areas other than City Hall. We got ours at the shop at the Tower of Terror exit. There's a machine there. (We were actually in the process of making one, and a CM came up and handed us the brochure...they were on display at the photo register.) Maybe they are available at all the locations that have the machines?

Nightwing
05-26-2015, 07:02 AM
Got one of the three Tomorrowland ones. Nice!

xezat
05-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Time to shine up all my old pennies and quarters I guess. I collected all the 50th anniversary ones as a teenager, may as well do it again :)

I remember one was out of order at Tomorrowland like every day until the very last day we were there, was afraid of it being unfinished. But the collection was completed.

binky0814
05-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Thank you...I printed it and my kids are already picking which ones they want to get! I am filling mini-M&M containers with quarters and pennies so we don't have to dig for change!

Love the idea of the mini-M&M containers. I always struggle with zip lock baggies...I'll switching to your idea! Thank you!!! :cool:

candles71
05-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Love the idea of the mini-M&M containers. I always struggle with zip lock baggies...I'll switching to your idea! Thank you!!! :cool:

It helps. We then have a bag for the pressed ones.

Look at me (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/247698048230787079/)

Nightwing
05-27-2015, 06:11 PM

Great idea!!!!

MakingSmiles
05-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Full disclosure...It wasn't really my idea! I think I got it off of this site many many years ago! LOL...but I stack the coins quarter, quarter, penny...and it works really well! I don't decorate mine like candles71...but that is just so cute!

candles71
05-28-2015, 07:32 AM
I saw that a couple of years ago, and still haven't done it for my youngest. ;) Time gets away from me.
I read the M&M container idea here as well. It was pointed out that it is a solid enough object at TSA checkpoints that some got pulled because of it. So, if you are flying, perhaps dump it into a bag, and restack it after?
Stacking them saves time at the machine as well. I am haing trouble finding the containers around me anymore.

DutchChallenger
05-28-2015, 08:31 AM

Yes

Sleeping Beauty's mom
05-29-2015, 09:35 PM
I saw that a couple of years ago, and still haven't done it for my youngest. ;) Time gets away from me.
I read the M&M container idea here as well. It was pointed out that it is a solid enough object at TSA checkpoints that some got pulled because of it. So, if you are flying, perhaps dump it into a bag, and restack it after?
Stacking them saves time at the machine as well. I am haing trouble finding the containers around me anymore.

I have found the containers at Target, especially at holiday time like Easter, Halloween and Christmas.

btowndude
06-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Full disclosure...It wasn't really my idea! I think I got it off of this site many many years ago! LOL...but I stack the coins quarter, quarter, penny...and it works really well! I don't decorate mine like candles71...but that is just so cute!

FYI - Two of the machines are pressed quarter machines, not pressed pennies! They wiped my quarter supply quickly! LOL

newhdplayer
06-03-2015, 10:18 AM

Yes they are. Picked ours up at City Hall yesterday and did all the penny machines in one mad dash last night.

Next, quarters - saving that for the next visit.

MakingSmiles
06-03-2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the info, btowndude! I'm not sure if we will splurge for the quarter machines...but I'm glad to have the head's-up beforehand!!

candles71
06-03-2015, 08:06 PM
We have done a few quarters over the years. The kids usually will pick just one a trip. At least you get a quarter for the dollar charge. (Well 1.25 Counting the squised one) The penny machine in the top of the Empire state building costs a dollar, of course they provide the penny for you. ;)

tinkerbell24
06-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Will new ones be added through out the 60th celebration?

yellowrosedtxn
06-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU!!! I can't wait! I did the penny collection for the 50th! Can't wait for the 60th!

newhdplayer
06-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU!!! I can't wait! I did the penny collection for the 50th! Can't wait for the 60th!

Did the first round of pennies, now we're going back and will do them with all new 2015 pennies.