PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Celebration Photo Spots

AVP
05-20-2015, 04:21 PM
I received a postcard and PhotoPass card when I checked into the Disneyland 60th anniversary press event. The postcard explains the photo backdrops I wrote about in a recent Disneyland Resort Update.

Here's what the card says:

"Imagine posing for a photo as if you were scaling up the Matterhorn, standing in the mouth of Grizzly Peak, or holding on to your hats and glasses [they should have added selfie sticks -AVP] on the wildest ride in the wilderness.

Now imagine that this photo looks like a vintage Disneyland postcard...with a magical twist.

Each Diamond Celebration Photo Spot features a new take on forced perspective, and when you capture the moment with Disney PhotoPass service you will soon be able to download amazing bonus content - including animated elements that appear alongside you, adding to your story.

Four Diamond Celebration Photo Spots are in place for you to discover within both parks, inspired by the Matterhorn Bobsleds, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, California Screaming' and Grizzly Peak. Two more will arrive in time for Disneyland's anniversary date. Capture dazzling moments in the Happiest Place on Earth that will be treasured for years to come. "

I'll be sure to share photos of the new spots when they open tomorrow.

TTFN92
05-20-2015, 10:50 PM
That sounds fun! Can't wait to see them.

corona
05-21-2015, 06:46 AM
Actually, at least one opened yesterday

photo (https://www.facebook.com/DLRPrepSchool/photos/pcb.767974123300233/767971759967136/?type=1&theater)

lifeisgood
05-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Are these still up, or were they just for the 24-hour party? We did the California Screaming one on Friday, but the line for the Matterhorn one was always too long for us. Were there others?

AVP
05-25-2015, 11:11 PM
They are up for the whole celebration. The Matterhorn and California Screamin' photo spots opened this weekend, but the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Grizzly Peak spots were delayed. There will be two more added this summer, for a total of 6.

olegc
05-26-2015, 08:23 AM
They are up for the whole celebration. The Matterhorn and California Screamin' photo spots opened this weekend, but the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Grizzly Peak spots were delayed. There will be two more added this summer, for a total of 6.

cool - because I kept looking for it on Friday but never ventured beyond Pixie Hollow - and of course your photo you posted showed the monorail track above AND the fact that the mountain was not behind it in the back. DUH! I need to be a better observer sometimes ;-).

josephfive
05-26-2015, 09:50 AM
That sounds really neat! Thanks!!

bumblebeeonarose
05-26-2015, 10:25 AM
cool - because I kept looking for it on Friday but never ventured beyond Pixie Hollow - and of course your photo you posted showed the monorail track above AND the fact that the mountain was not behind it in the back. DUH! I need to be a better observer sometimes ;-).

We didn't see any of these either, though I didn't know about them so I wasn't looking. We kept seeing the different clocks (like in your pic), but I knew that was just for the party.

cstephens
05-26-2015, 01:43 PM
We walked by the Matterhorn photo spot on Friday night, and the line was empty, so our group might have stopped for some really silly pictures. Around 5am, the three of us that were left from the larger group earlier walked by it again, and we might have stopped for some even weirder pictures. :)

There was a photo spot with the diamond mine and the slogan for the 24 hour party in front of the Grizzly River waterfall Friday night, but it was gone when we walked by on Saturday.