PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2015

Hoppypooh
05-20-2015, 11:42 AM
I have a trip to Disneyland scheduled for October and was wondering how the 60th will impact Halloween.

Will it sttill be decorated for Halloween?
Will there be Mickey's Halloween parties?
Will they continue the 60th parades/shows/fireworks or will they switch over to Halloween ones?

Thanks for any tips you may have!

tlovesdis
05-20-2015, 01:15 PM
No one knows for sure yet! But there is a lot of speculation. A lot of people think the parties and all the decor will move over to DCA this year. DL has already announced that the Christmas Parade and Christmas Fireworks will not run this year due to the 60th stuff so people think that may be the case for Halloween. The party tickets usually go on sale in late June or early July so hopefully we will start to hear some news soon!!

Sorry that wasn't much help :(

3Princesses1Prince
05-20-2015, 06:26 PM
They normally run 2 fireworks shows during Halloween. Regular shows on weekends (non-party nights) and Halloween fireworks on party nights only. They could still do that this year.

olegc
05-21-2015, 09:09 AM
No one knows for sure yet! But there is a lot of speculation. A lot of people think the parties and all the decor will move over to DCA this year. DL has already announced that the Christmas Parade and Christmas Fireworks will not run this year due to the 60th stuff so people think that may be the case for Halloween. The party tickets usually go on sale in late June or early July so hopefully we will start to hear some news soon!!

Sorry that wasn't much help :(

I didn't see any specific announcements about no Christmas in Disneyland myself - but I can't imagine they would give up on it entirely for the 60th. Same goes for Halloween - there's too much money there for them to totally make it go away. They can always run the Christmas parade during the day and Paint the Night in the evening. If you still have that reference on any announcement that they gave up on it I'd love to see it.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
06-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Any idea when the party dates will be this year? Trying to plan ahead!!;)

olegc
06-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Any idea when the party dates will be this year? Trying to plan ahead!!;)

the last couple of years the party dates start on the last Friday in September, and then go either Tue/Fri or Mon/Wed/Fri every other week. Who knows this year with the popularity increase of the 60th. Halloween is on Sat night this year - so you might get 4 nights on that week. Maybe not though, can they afford 4 nights out of 7 to dedicate to the event?

GrumpyGoofyGuy
06-01-2015, 10:29 AM
I was thinking it would be difficult for them to pull off a Saturday night party on the 31st. The last time that happened the party may have been in CA?

olegc
06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
I was thinking it would be difficult for them to pull off a Saturday night party on the 31st. The last time that happened the party may have been in CA?

i think it would be difficult to pull off any night if the AP crowds come back in strength to watch the 60th entertainment. Unless they simply decide to forgot that and get the hard ticket $$ instead. So I'm on the fence whether they move the parties to DCA, but then no Screams fireworks. At this point I think, with the high volume continuing, its very tough to speculate what will happen.

Goodnplenty
06-02-2015, 05:46 AM
I have a question about the dates, but in a more general tone.
I'm not so concerned about where they will have the Halloween Party nights as when. Historically, has Disneyland/DCA had a Halloween party on Nov. 1st if it's on a Sunday? I realize things could change this year, but I was just wondering in the past, has Disney held a Halloween party on Nov 1st?
I know that we do that here at WDW.

Thanks!
GnP

3Princesses1Prince
06-02-2015, 06:22 AM
No GnP, they haven't.

sjhanksaz
06-02-2015, 02:20 PM
So the real question we should all be talking about in this thread is the Haunted Mansion Holiday Overlay.

Will it happen this year? If so I will be not pleased as I want to see the Hat Box Ghost on my next trip.!!!!!

olegc
06-02-2015, 02:36 PM
So the real question we should all be talking about in this thread is the Haunted Mansion Holiday Overlay.

Will it happen this year? If so I will be not pleased as I want to see the Hat Box Ghost on my next trip.!!!!!

until they announce (or even just open to the public) your answer is "MAYBE".

candles71
06-02-2015, 09:05 PM
until they announce (or even just open to the public) your answer is "MAYBE".
Since that overlay takes 3 weeks, I think we'd notice. ;) :p

tlovesdis
06-04-2015, 02:20 PM
I didn't see any specific announcements about no Christmas in Disneyland myself - but I can't imagine they would give up on it entirely for the 60th. Same goes for Halloween - there's too much money there for them to totally make it go away. They can always run the Christmas parade during the day and Paint the Night in the evening. If you still have that reference on any announcement that they gave up on it I'd love to see it.

It was confirmed by Steve Davison of Disney back in January. It's all over several message boards, no Christmas parade, fireworks, etc... Nothing was mentioned about decorations though.

olegc
06-04-2015, 02:43 PM
It was confirmed by Steve Davison of Disney back in January. It's all over several message boards, no Christmas parade, fireworks, etc... Nothing was mentioned about decorations though.

I found this - and it does say YES to the parade, but no to the Believe fireworks or WoC Holiday show. (the parade most likely will replace soundsational as the daytime parade, but not done at night).
http://land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/2015/01/disneyland_diamond_anniversary_1.html

However, in the video the moderator off camera says that the 60th shows will still be running. and not the holiday shows. So it's a vague answer since, technically, a Holiday parade running during the day would not be replacing any of the 60th shows.

this also makes me think that Holiday decorations will be in order - but tweaked for the 60th stuff too. so it will be interesting.... and my guess is no castle-to-town square holiday lighting ceremony either.

I still can't in my right mind think Disneyland would "give up" the holidays. They spent so many years establishing that as their market that to completely let it go seems rather shallow. We'll have to wait and see.

no mention of halloween. I wonder since some nights are hard tickets and not normal operating days would that mean they're still on. Last year tickets went on sale JUly 16th for AP holders and July 30th to the public

tlovesdis
06-04-2015, 03:09 PM
I found this - and it does say YES to the parade, but no to the Believe fireworks or WoC Holiday show. (the parade most likely will replace soundsational as the daytime parade, but not done at night).
http://land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/2015/01/disneyland_diamond_anniversary_1.html

However, in the video the moderator off camera says that the 60th shows will still be running. and not the holiday shows. So it's a vague answer since, technically, a Holiday parade running during the day would not be replacing any of the 60th shows.

this also makes me think that Holiday decorations will be in order - but tweaked for the 60th stuff too. so it will be interesting.... and my guess is no castle-to-town square holiday lighting ceremony either.

I still can't in my right mind think Disneyland would "give up" the holidays. They spent so many years establishing that as their market that to completely let it go seems rather shallow. We'll have to wait and see.

no mention of halloween. I wonder since some nights are hard tickets and not normal operating days would that mean they're still on. Last year tickets went on sale JUly 16th for AP holders and July 30th to the public

I guess we just won't know for sure until Disney announces it! :)

There have been several reports from parents of dancers who usually perform in the taping of the christmas parade that there will not be a performance this year. So who knows!!!

olegc
06-04-2015, 03:12 PM
I guess we just won't know for sure until Disney announces it! :)

There have been several reports from parents of dancers who usually perform in the taping of the christmas parade that there will not be a performance this year. So who knows!!!

well that happens in November, and its just a few segments for the show where others are taped at WDW. They probably won't do a parade segment but may still do the daytime filming of pop music performers.

And I just remembered there have been plenty of hints at bringing back the Star on top of the matterhorn for Christmas (they had it in the 60s I believe). However, that means the Mount Wannahockaloogie effect wouldn't work - so as you said - who knows!