PDA

View Full Version : Any new developments on a Star Wars land?

Pages : [1] 2

Disneylandfan85
05-18-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm wondering, have there been any new developments on a Star Wars land this is supposedly going over where Toontown is? Or have those rumors been put to rest?

I ask this because I have read the articles here on this site about speculations for Star Wars at the parks by Todd King. While good, these articles suggest that Tomorrowland, not Toontown, is where anything Star Wars-related would go at Disneyland (the main emphasis of the article is WDW). Yet some rumors persist that Toontown (and some of the surrounding backstage area) is where a Star Wars land will go. Other rumors state that Star Wars anything may go into Innoventions.

Therefore, based on all that I have said, are they any new developments about a Star Wars land at Disneyland?

newhdplayer
05-18-2015, 01:34 PM
I'm wondering, have there been any new developments on a Star Wars land this is supposedly going over where Toontown is? Or have those rumors been put to rest?

I ask this because I have read the articles here on this site about speculations for Star Wars at the parks by Todd King. While good, these articles suggest that Tomorrowland, not Toontown, is where anything Star Wars-related would go at Disneyland (the main emphasis of the article is WDW). Yet some rumors persist that Toontown (and some of the surrounding backstage area) is where a Star Wars land will go. Other rumors state that Star Wars anything may go into Innoventions.

Therefore, based on all that I have said, are they any new developments about a Star Wars land at Disneyland?

Based on what we heard from a CM's uncle's (twice-removed) barber from his old home town, who told the local VHS video rental clerk just last week, it's all true.

Disneylandfan85
05-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Based on what we heard from a CM's uncle's (twice-removed) barber from his old home town, who told the local VHS video rental clerk just last week, it's all true.

What is true? Tomorrowland?

corona
05-18-2015, 02:07 PM

FINALLY - some credible information about Star Wars Land!

md6379a
05-18-2015, 03:39 PM

We expect at least some details to be revealed in August (at the D23 Expo), but it is possible that they will wait until after Star Wars VII comes out at the end of the year.

In the case of Disneyland, at least, it presently seems most likely that a Star Wars land will be placed in the current Toontown area and/or the current backstage area just north of Frontierland. Supposedly, the "tomorrowland redesign" plans were dropped in exchange for this. Of course, everything is subject to change, though.

In the case of Walt Disney World, it is almost certain that the main Star Wars additions will be going to Disney's Hollywood Studios park (which will also be receiving a new name).

oregontraveler
05-18-2015, 03:48 PM
So it is true, they are putting in a loop.

To answer your question DL 85, which I think has been cussed & discussed here. The rumours of ToonTown being replaced by a new SW land have pros & cons. The big con is that I think the fireworks launch is right behind (offstage) TT which is why its closed at night. So why would you invest in a brand new area only to close it off at 7pm or so. Just like they do now in F-Land.

The rumours of T-Land as it is now does have more merit. However, whatever you think should be part of the design. CEO Bob Iger is now on record that any new SW land attractions & such will be based off Episode 7 and future movies. SO there goes any hope of a Cantina themed restaurant to replace Rocket Rods. There goes any hope of a LandSpeeder chase ride that would encompass the Autopia and maybe the Innoventions bldg. There might be some kind of Mil. Falcon ship involved. But I don't think anybody knows what's going to happen until the end of the year.

Disneylandfan85
05-18-2015, 04:13 PM
To answer your question DL 85, which I think has been cussed & discussed here. The rumours of ToonTown being replaced by a new SW land have pros & cons. The big con is that I think the fireworks launch is right behind (offstage) TT which is why its closed at night. So why would you invest in a brand new area only to close it off at 7pm or so. Just like they do now in F-Land.

Exactly. That is one big reason why I don't think it should go back there. That, and it seems awkward to have two space-themed lands in one park, especially when one attraction themed to Star Wars is already in one of those space-themed lands.

The rumours of T-Land as it is now does have more merit. [...] But I don't think anybody knows what's going to happen until the end of the year.

However, as md6379a pointed out, the Tomorrowland redesign plans were dropped in favor of Toontown. It also seemingly contradicts what Todd King mentioned in his Star Wars articles here. Granted, he admitted most of it was pure speculation, but here's something he did say (which is also speculation, but it does seem viable):

With Disney parks, there is a new rumor going around that Star Wars attractions will replace Innoventions in Disneyland's Tomorrowland. Innoventions is located a little down the street from where Star Tours and just across the Jedi Training Academy stage. It seems to me that if you scatter three Star Wars attraction zones around Tomorrowland (Star Tours, Jedi Academy, then the new stuff), the feeling for guests could be disjointed.

If that rumor were to come true, what of another rumor out there saying that most (or all) of Tomorrowland would be converted to a Star Wars smorgasbord? Now that would be a hefty, but not impossible, undertaking. My guess would be that many park fans, especially those in the surrounding Disneyland area, would not like a complete replacement of Tomorrowland, one of the original lands of the park since opening day.

In none of his articles does he mention a Star Wars land replacing Toontown.

moofeet
05-18-2015, 04:39 PM
CrabLand anyone?

oregontraveler
05-18-2015, 04:46 PM
If I had my druthers, I would prefer that a new fully encompased mini land take place in Orlando, at the Hollywood Studios. Just like Avatar-land
at Animal Kingdom. SW-land would have plenty of space to have a decent themed land. If you take into account the removal of the Studio Tour, the
Car Stunt Show and perhaps part of the back streets area. But if I were a betting man, I suppose the line has already been drawn in the sand & that TDO is planning a carbon copy of a CarsLand in that spot.

cstephens
05-18-2015, 06:12 PM
As long as one of the rides involves a thermal detonator, I don't care where Star Wars land goes.

dsnyredhead
05-18-2015, 08:13 PM
as long as one of the rides involves a thermal detonator, i don't care where star wars land goes.

:) lol

Disneylandfan85
05-18-2015, 09:06 PM
If I had my druthers, I would prefer that a new fully encompased mini land take place in Orlando, at the Hollywood Studios. Just like Avatar-land
at Animal Kingdom. SW-land would have plenty of space to have a decent themed land. If you take into account the removal of the Studio Tour, the
Car Stunt Show and perhaps part of the back streets area. But if I were a betting man, I suppose the line has already been drawn in the sand & that TDO is planning a carbon copy of a CarsLand in that spot.

The main attraction at Cars Land is Radiator Springs Racers, which I'm told uses the same technology as Test Track at Epcot. Placed at WDW, it would be somewhat redundant.

But getting back to a Star Wars land, I would think that at the Studios, a Star Wars land is more likely. As for Disneyland, as we both said, fireworks are a major challenge were it put back where Toontown and the backstage areas are. They're about to debut the new fireworks show, and I would think that it will stick around for as long as Remember Dreams Come True and Magical before it both did, if not longer.

One thing that has especially got me concerned is a rumor that TDA is already starting to relocate backstage services off-site, a process, this rumor stated, that will continue into the next year. To me, at least, it seems like this is all but a done deal, and all they have to do is announce it.

Disneylandfan85
06-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Innoventions has been shut down, of course. Up to now, I used to think that its spot should be used for Star Wars, hopefully so that Toontown would be safe. But now, it seems as though it is only going to be for Marvel. It was mentioned that the superhero banners had been left up on the building, even as the building was being gutted, and that the shop across the way now has Marvel stuff. It was argued based on this that Marvel only will be there. So now I have no idea again.

sjhanksaz
06-19-2015, 07:28 AM
What floors me is that Disney World will have a Avitarland but no Starwarsland

sjhanksaz
06-19-2015, 07:28 AM
CrabLand anyone?

Depends, is it blue or red and is dirty foot there?

candles71
06-19-2015, 07:18 PM
Depends, is it blue or red and is dirty foot there? It goes back and forth.

Dave1313
06-20-2015, 01:11 AM
It goes back and forth.

No crab loop? :):fez:;)

sjhanksaz
06-20-2015, 07:19 PM
No crab loop? :):fez:;)

we started a thread on the donkey

disney philip
07-16-2015, 05:46 PM
In the case of Disneyland, at least, it presently seems most likely that a Star Wars land will be placed in the current Toontown area and/or the current backstage area just north of Frontierland. Supposedly, the "tomorrowland redesign" plans were dropped in exchange for this. Of course, everything is subject to change, though.

Toontown is NOT being removed! That's just a lie that people need to stop spreading.

And that fact has been reaffirmed here several times already, so it's time to put this whole thing to rest, knowing that for all the many reasons discussed, Disneyland's Toontown is NOT being removed or replaced by a Star Wars Land.

3Princesses1Prince
07-16-2015, 09:25 PM
Toontown is NOT being removed! That's just a lie that people need to stop spreading.

And that fact has been reaffirmed here several times already, so it's time to put this whole thing to rest, knowing that for all the many reasons discussed, Disneyland's Toontown is NOT being removed or replaced by a Star Wars Land.

So you are dredging up (and quoting) a post from two months ago?

Disneylandfan85
07-18-2015, 09:02 AM

When and where has it been reaffirmed several times already?

SteveK
08-11-2015, 01:42 PM
According to an update today at another site (and confirmed multiple places over the past couple of months), Toowntown, the backstage area behind that, the Circle D Ranch & Big Thunder Ranch are all going away to build Star Wars Land (or whatever the name is). The displaced facilities will all move to other locations...likely offsite across at the Disney purchased property bordering the 5 FWY (east of DL). I guess the easiest thing for everyone to do is wait and see...people are going to believe what whichever rumor suits them better. I personally believe that TT's days are numbered.

bumblebeeonarose
08-11-2015, 01:53 PM
According to an update today at another site (and confirmed multiple places over the past couple of months)

Yeah, I read this this morning. I will still wait and see. In the update they mentioned Toon Town, but in the picture they didn't highlight Toon Town. I noticed that the area highlighted without Toon Town was plenty large for a land. We'll see what Disney does. They may remove Toon Town, they may not.

SteveK
08-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I read this this morning. I will still wait and see. In the update they mentioned Toon Town, but in the picture they didn't highlight Toon Town. I noticed that the area highlighted without Toon Town was plenty large for a land. We'll see what Disney does. They may remove Toon Town, they may not.

They changed the picture later to include Toontown. Intersting that for the Marvel expansion, they also show them removing Lady Bug Boogie and Tuck and Roll from Bug's Land. Seems odd to remove half of the attractions. Bulldoze the whole land, add mystic manor.

bumblebeeonarose
08-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Intersting that for the Marvel expansion, they also show them removing Lady Bug Boogie and Tuck and Roll from Bug's Land. Seems odd to remove half of the attractions.

I noticed that Tuck and Rolls was highlighted, but I didn't notice the Boogie. We like that ride! I actually think it would be worse to remove Bug's Land than Toon Town because there isn't any other area really geared for little ones at DCA. Even Mater's has a height requirement. At least at Disneyland all of the Fantasyland rides can be enjoyed be everyone. Tuck and Roll's can go, it has a slow moving line, isn't much fun, and has a height requirement. I don't see the Marvel area as having kiddy rides. Probably just the big coaster, meet and greets, and dining and shopping.